Corsair Community

Is the Carbide Air 740 coming back into stock?

joel1

I'm starting a new Ryzen 3900x build with Asus MB and GPU and the everything else Corsair (cooling, memory and g4 ssd).

I really love the Air 740 case but have not found any shippable items anywhere online. The Air 540 is my second choice but it's selling for a decent premium over retail at the moment. I don't really want to pay a premium for my second choice.

Are these just seasonally out of stock or are there new models coming? I can wait for a month with the 3900x on back order but I'd like to get something pretty soon after the processors ship in October.

Thanks!!

While there was no official announcement, it seems the 740 has been effectively replaced by the 680X. It is the same frame and size with a few tweaks, the most obvious of which is the glass panels front and top. I suspect whatever 740 stock is out there is all there is, but anything you can do it that case you should also be able to do in the 680.

Thanks for the info

It's unfortunate. While functionally, the 680x, might be the same, the bling full-on glass and RGB aesthetic isn't what I'm after. This is for a software dev. workstation for building big distributed systems on, not a gaming rig.

I guess I'll have to try and get a 540 at a premium or look at other options.

Oddly there still seem to be plenty of 540s out there at the list price. I have not seen a vendor listing for the 740 in several months, but there may still be some out there. The glass doesn't do much for me either and I grew to really like the 740 and its ridges, even if others did not. Edited by c-attack
Usual typographical errors

• 8 months later...
Hi, I just joined this forum because I am also looking to build with a 740 case. I've been searching far and wide for a case. Initially I really liked the look of the crystal 680x although I'm not a glass fan, but When I saw the 740 air I was blown away the style and aesthetic fit me. I see there are still pictures on the corsair sight, but it says out of stock. Was wondering if you ever found a case, or did you just settle for the air 540. Also is there anyway to get Corsair to bring this case back into production.

• 3 weeks later...

I too need this case back in stock

It was unique and there is no real successor for it yet

The 680X has a completely different aesthetic and definitely has worse thermals.

I'd get a 540. But no bottom exhaust? That's very different.

Anyone know a similar case from a different brand maybe?

I'd legit pay 200 euros if I saw a brand new one in stock anywhere

Edited by Rammwurst

I am still using an antique Cooler Master chassis. Quality never goes out of style but designers need to eat too.

I am not into the cream puff setup, this is mainly because I swap out motherboards fairly regularly.