The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 08:34 PM

POST ID # = 551921
Tensees Reputation: 10
Exclamation Vengeance 1500 Headset - Driver trouble

Hi,

I just recieved my 1500 headset and correctly installed the 1.1.1 drivers version, but the sound is only crackelings and fizzelings. I processed as explained, 3 of 4 times, but I can't get more.
Strangely, if I reboot right after uninstalling the application and with the headset still plugged-in, windows does an installation of drivers only and make my headset works properly, but I still can't use the equalizer. Hope that I explained clearly... and sorry for my poor english.

Old 01-07-2012, 07:06 AM

POST ID # = 552765
Tensees Reputation: 10
Thumbs up

Ok today i tried again to solve this ****, and god knows what i did but it works well.
I tried again to uninstall then reinstall drivers, when deactivate all other audio-related devices/drivers... Things I already tried before and that didn't work, but I changed the USB port used from USB3.0 to USB2.0 and it seems this solved the case.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:39 AM
blackblade's PC Specs

POST ID # = 554373
blackblade Reputation: 10

How (exactly) does one go about reverting from USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 drivers for a specific USB port? My computer shipped with 3.0 drivers installed, so I can't just roll back. I am also having similar driver problems with the 1500, and I am hoping this might be the answer. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-14-2012, 12:22 AM
OmniNegro's PC Specs

POST ID # = 554639
OmniNegro Reputation: 10

If your motherboard does not have native USB 2.0 ports, but has native USB 3.0 ports then you are stuck with those. Most still have a few 2.0 ports though. Check if you have them and where on the motherboard they are, then you can wire one up and roll with it.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Dixy360's PC Specs

POST ID # = 554927
Dixy360 Reputation: 10

Yea, i've just had the exact same problem. I had to wipe my pc 4 times in order to get windows stable enough due to it crashing every program in my pc. All you have to do, is make sure you put the headset in a USB 2.0 slot, not a USB 3.0 slot when installing the drivers. CORSAIR, i think you should warn people about it and leave a little notice on the download page for the drivers, statting that it should be placed in a usb 2.0 slot.

Tags
1500, audio, drivers, headset, vengeance