The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-15-2019, 11:43 AM
Sacco Belmonte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1014738
Sacco Belmonte Reputation: 10
Default Corsair. Are you ever gonna fix the high CPU usage? (I have experience with RGB LEDs)

You might think monitoring is the cause, well, no. With monitoring off iCUE and CorsairService use the same amount of CPU.

You might ask, "Is is controlling lights the cause?" and I would also say nah!

I have been dealing with RGB lights for the last 10 years and controlling them uses very little CPU. Comparable to a MIDI device being controlled by software.

Here is a video of me using 4 Launchpad pros with a laptop, that is an insane amount of LEDs. The CPU usage while controlling the lights is very low.

So please Corsair, make an effort and slash the CPU usage in iCUE, people has been complaining about it for a reason and this problem is showing even more in Zen 2 chips. iCUE and the service are spiking hard and I don't even have a Corsair keyboard or RGB RAM, just some LL fans and strips, I'm sure you can optimize your code.

iCUE is great, please don't let it behave like most un optimized bloatware.

And please fix the H115i Pro freezing and malfunction after you use your CPU at 100%...when that happens you need to actually reboot cause restating the service doesn't bring back the H115i Pro in iCUEs UI.

Last edited by Sacco Belmonte; 08-15-2019 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:37 AM
brianzion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015395
brianzion Reputation: 10

same here I have only installed the icue software for about a week with my new cooler Hydro Series™ H80i v2 and notice the cpu usage is rather high its the only corsair product I am using apart from my ram but that's not compatible with icue so only the cooler is being monitored it ranges from 30% to 8% usage
Attached Images
File Type: png ICUBE.png (24.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 08-22-2019, 09:58 AM

POST ID # = 1015404
beardo47 Reputation: 10

I have 6x LL120 fans, 4x Vengeance Pro RGB sticks of RAM, H150i Pro, commander pro with fan profiles etc, my iCue is using 0.2%-0.6% of my CPU...not sure what's going on with your computers.
Old 08-22-2019, 12:40 PM
Sacco Belmonte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015412
Sacco Belmonte Reputation: 10

Itere it fluctuates between 0.6% 0.9% but every 5s or so spikes to 1.5% or 2.0% causing a spike in temperature.

Corsair should have its service running smoothly without spiking.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:09 AM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015533
Mussels Reputation: 10

the high CPU usage is also whats messing with idle states on ryzen CPU's (most notably the 3000 series, but it affects early gens too) as well as breaking turbo states (cores not idling = others can't boost)

i've got static hardware lighting only, and its eating cpu wattage and screwing with single core boost on my 2700x... and support told me its AMDs problem and they wont fix it
Old 08-24-2019, 01:37 AM
Baio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015537
Baio Reputation: 10

In my system the process that stays Always above 2% of CPU usage is Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote… what is it intended to do?

Baio
Old 08-24-2019, 05:42 PM

POST ID # = 1015616
JesusNoTLS Reputation: 10
Default Bloatware

The k65 which i have just got should have an internal cpu & memory to control the microcontroller without the need for any software... anyway if you are just using a keyboard disable any corsair services in windows services. Reboot or kill the exes. You can leave the iCUE exe to run as the keyboard only needs this.

As to what the service does, i guess it's uselessly polling every so often to check what is connected. Its bloatware or just badly done. 2% of a modern cpu just to do fancy rgb synchronized effects is erm a bad use of resources.

If anyone from corsair ever reads this (i have also sent an email prior to finding this out) I suggest / HEAVILY recommend you give users a checkbox to avoid the bloatware services ever being installed.

As a side note Linux open source rgb software - ckb-next runs great with the k65, dare i say better than the official windows bloatware! Someone may have to port this back to windows just to avoid the bloat !!!!!

Only i CUE running 1% peaks doing nothing 3% with effects, this almost pushes the same amount of power (watts /cpuz) thru the cpu as watching youtube!!

Last edited by JesusNoTLS; 08-24-2019 at 06:47 PM. Reason: pics
Old 08-24-2019, 08:38 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015629
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusNoTLS View Post

As to what the service does, i guess it's uselessly polling every so often to check what is connected.
You guess incorrectly.

However, if you only have a keyboard, it is of little use unless you want to have colors based on temperatures. Then you'd be in something of a pickle.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.