Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 900D with ONE TITAN

zzcool

i have a question i bought a titan and now i am waiting to be able to buy the 900d however a friend had advised me not to get the 900d and get the 350d instead as things will look empty if i choose the 900d with a single graphics card

so i am making this thread to get more opinions on it

would it look empty with a single titan in a 900d? and a h100i closed watercooler?

if someone has the 900d and the titan and would like to take a picture then that would be amazing

Dear zzcool.

Even though your friend might have a point, the Corsair Obsidian 900D Super Tower Case is not only a product build for today's needs, It's a outstanding computer case build for the most exclusive demands of tomorrow.

In another word, make your own opinion and buy what feels good for you. Who knows, you might buy a second Geforce GTX Titan later on for SLI.

Whatever you may choose, I wish you the best of luck mate.

By the way, I have ordered the Corsair Obsidian 900D Super Tower Case my self :-)

Regards Bengt "WOLF" Johansson

Dear zzcool.

Even though your friend might have a point, the Corsair Obsidian 900D Super Tower Case is not only a product build for today's needs, It's a outstanding computer case build for the most exclusive demands of tomorrow.

In another word, make your own opinion and buy what feels good for you. Who knows, you might buy a second Geforce GTX Titan later on for SLI.

Whatever you may choose, I wish you the best of luck mate.

By the way, I have ordered the Corsair Obsidian 900D Super Tower Case my self :-)

Regards Bengt "WOLF" Johansson

i do want the 900d badly but i am afraid that it will look bad inside i will use a h100i with it someone at another forum said thats wrong

also since you too are from sweden any idea on availability they have it set on end of june some stores have it set end of may

i do want the 900d badly but i am afraid that it will look bad inside i will use a h100i with it someone at another forum said thats wrong

What do you care what some other persons opinion is. If the 900D is what you want and you don't care if it looks empty then go for it. The only thing wrong is that person trying to talk you out of a case that YOU want! :)

Besides...even if it does look empty, that just gives you incentive for upgrades! :P

What do you care what some other persons opinion is. If the 900D is what you want and you don't care if it looks empty then go for it. The only thing wrong is that person trying to talk you out of a case that YOU want! :)

well i ofcourse want it due to it's looks i have not seen a nicer looking case but i don't want the inside to look weird and empty i havn't found any pictures with the case and one graphics card and closed watercooling

Dear zzcool.

Well take a look what components I will install in my Corsair Obsidian 900D Super Tower Case and even that might look little under dimensioned in the case but since its so multifaceted I buy the case for tomorrows needs as well. Who knows, I might go over to full water cooling system with all that's included.

My suggestion is to buy what YOU like, not what other say even though some good advice can be useful sometimes.

If you still are unsure regarding the big space in Obsidian 900D, I can recommend you the Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Mid Tower Case that is a very nice case as I have configured and built computers on for my friends here in Sweden.

Good luck with you choice mate.

Regards, Bengt "WOLF" Johansson.

Personally (I can't give you your opinion you should know that already) this is only down to what motherboard you want. If you don't want an mATX then you can't have a 350D. If you don't mind an mATX and can't foresee-ably see the need for dual graphics cards then you should strongly consider the 350D, it would look fuller and it wouldn't overpower your desk with a giant empty aluminium box, albeit a beautiful one.

I mean its cheaper than the postage on a 900D so its not a big deal if you change your mind really but then an mATX in a 900D would look stupid IMO.

For me its an entirely different build so you can't choose between a 350 and 900.

You need to decide WILL you want say a 1200watt PSU, a full ATX board, two graphics cards? If yes get a 900D.

I think if it were me I would do a 350D build with an AX860, Maximus V Gene, 3770, Dom Plats, Neutron GTX and a single Titan.

Then if you need more POWER in a few months time buy a 900D, second Titan, a Z78 ATX board and the next gen i7. It might even be that Corsair bring out a new case inbetween the 350 and 900 in which case you would be ready to jump all over it.

JR

Dear zzcool.

Not to be too long winded in the subject but I have to agree with peanutz94 and JR23 in some ways.

My point of view is "better grow into to to the case than out of it"!

Regards, Bengt "WOLF" Johansson.

Personally (I can't give you your opinion you should know that already) this is only down to what motherboard you want. If you don't want an mATX then you can't have a 350D. If you don't mind an mATX and can't foresee-ably see the need for dual graphics cards then you should strongly consider the 350D, it would look fuller and it wouldn't overpower your desk with a giant empty aluminium box, albeit a beautiful one.

I mean its cheaper than the postage on a 900D so its not a big deal if you change your mind really but then an mATX in a 900D would look stupid IMO.

For me its an entirely different build so you can't choose between a 350 and 900.

You need to decide WILL you want say a 1200watt PSU, a full ATX board, two graphics cards? If yes get a 900D.

I think if it were me I would do a 350D build with an AX860, Maximus V Gene, 3770, Dom Plats, Neutron GTX and a single Titan.

Then if you need more POWER in a few months time buy a 900D, second Titan, a Z78 ATX board and the next gen i7. It might even be that Corsair bring out a new case inbetween the 350 and 900 in which case you would be ready to jump all over it.

JR

i was planning to use a rampage 3 extreme with a titan graphics card and a asus xonar soundcard just to fill up the empty space below

i probably won't mind a asus rampage gene but seeing this picture just makes me undecided

http://cwsmgmt.corsair.com/media/catalog/product/3/5/350d_side_open_built.png

this dosn't look good either it looks very cramped and small so either too big or too small

sadly i am very picky with looks i choose looks over both performance and value

and no i really have no plans for sli due to the powe consumption i live at home and over 1000 watt would probably be too much for the house to handle i also use crts so they drag alot too

• Administrators
well i ofcourse want it due to it's looks i have not seen a nicer looking case but i don't want the inside to look weird and empty i havn't found any pictures with the case and one graphics card and closed watercooling
This is the only weird 900D setup that I've seen (from Legit Reviews' 900D review)

http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/2171/900d-mitx-installation.jpg

This is the only weird 900D setup that I've seen (from Legit Reviews' 900D review)

http://www.legitreviews.com/images/reviews/2171/900d-mitx-installation.jpg

lol that is indeed weird

i meant odd then not weird like that haha

Hello zzcool.

Sorry I forgot to answer your question regarding the release of 900D in Sweden. I'm buying my computer components at Swedish Dustin AB (LTD) and they say 2013-06-16.

Regarding your computer configuration I assumed that we were talking about ATX, E-ATX motherboards. If not and instead talking about mATX, well the answer is quite obvious, no 900D.

Hello zzcool.

Sorry I forgot to answer your question regarding the release of 900D in Sweden. I'm buying my computer components at Swedish Dustin AB (LTD) and they say 2013-06-16.

Regarding your computer configuration I assumed that we were talking about ATX, E-ATX motherboards. If not and instead talking about mATX, well the answer is quite obvious, no 900D.

i was originally planning to get a rampage 3 extreme E-ATX but if i choose 350d then i will get a rampage gene

Any particular reason why your going for 1366, I was thinking 1155 is going to be obselete overnight!

If you only ever want a single GPU then I think a 350D is the way to go. You can still make it look super clean by removing the hard drive cages, I think it looks full in the picture because Corsair have clearly tried to show what is possible with two massive long video cards. And it may sound stupid but that ram is quite big especially with 4 sticks. Titans are quite compact it would look sweet. Put in braided cables on an AX760 remove the little SSD cages and the HDD cage and it would look tight and just the right amount of hardware IMO.

JR

Any particular reason why your going for 1366, I was thinking 1155 is going to be obselete overnight!

If you only ever want a single GPU then I think a 350D is the way to go. You can still make it look super clean by removing the hard drive cages, I think it looks full in the picture because Corsair have clearly tried to show what is possible with two massive long video cards. And it may sound stupid but that ram is quite big especially with 4 sticks. Titans are quite compact it would look sweet. Put in braided cables on an AX760 remove the little SSD cages and the HDD cage and it would look tight and just the right amount of hardware IMO.

JR

this was the parts i was planning to go with wait why did i say rampage 3 extreme i meant 4

http://www.inet.se/kundvagn/visa/3298006/2013-05-02

ofcourse it would be a micro itx motherboard if i wen't with 350d

and what i don't love about the 350d is that it's not as tall and mighty as the 900d it too me looks like a 900d thats been cut in half height wise the two bays in the front and very squeezed in usb connections makes it look even more like that

i actually feel like cancelling the entire build as this is very frustrating sadly i can't as i already bought the titan so i have to choose something

my worry with 900d is that it will look empty even through the window

the 350d simply looks too small i don't like that

the choices are impossible :( i can't decide i don't know which one

i wish there was a smaller version of the 900d and bigger then the 350d but theres not it's either too small or too big

someone sent me this picture which made it even harder to go with the 900d

http://images.tweaktown.com/news/2/7/27742_61_corsair_shows_off_900d_at_ces_2013_full.jpg

the graphics cards looks like tiny sticks :(

thankyou for all the help but i think i've decided to go with the 900d anyway

i decided when i saw this picture http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviewimages/corsair-obsidian-900d-case/corsair-obsidian-900d-case_install.jpg

it dosn't look that horribly small and i've also decided to get the 350d aswell rebuild my current pc with a tv pc it has a gtx 580 so it might be a nice powerful tv pc

No offense intended but I thought I was particular. Being a Penske racing engineer, physicist and an accomplished artist in 2D, 3D, film and blown glass (IOW, a Renaissance Person--having two paintings in the Smithsonian), I often say: I can find something wrong with everything. Aesthetics are very important to me, too, but more important is the functionality. Like Frank Lloyd Wright, I'm a Form Follows Function guy. It, in and of itself, often overrides the mere looks of something, because I am able to find and fully appreciate the beauty within. Obviously, we're not all the same, so do what makes you feel good.

No offense intended but I thought I was particular. Being a Penske racing engineer, physicist and an accomplished artist in 2D, 3D, film and blown glass (IOW, a Renaissance Person--having two paintings in the Smithsonian), I often say: I can find something wrong with everything. Aesthetics are very important to me, too, but more important is the functionality. Like Frank Lloyd Wright, I'm a Form Follows Function guy. It, in and of itself, often overrides the mere looks of something, because I am able to find and fully appreciate the beauty within. Obviously, we're not all the same, so do what makes you feel good.

i am overpicky for it to be a big problem in my life

it has taken me years to decide which phone i want i finally found one i wanted that was square the xperia z i even bought it my very first smartphone it had a small scratch so i returned it and got my money back planned to get one again then was doubtful due to it's bad hardware and the annoying onscreen buttons not hiding ingame so i have now been without a phone for over a month as i couldn't decide which one to get so i didn't get anything at all now i have decided to wait for the padfone infinity but that one isn't perfect either and i am doubtful it's for example not all black the silver frame around is silver the back is very close to silver if it was all black and square without the padfone logo then it would be alot easier

to put it simple it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to pick something when i want something and i always end up giving up not getting it at all

i was close to killing off this build entirely as i couldn't decide which case but since i already have the titan that i stupidly bought when it was new i have to build my pc so i decided to go with the 900d i am avoiding trying to think about it as i don't want to be doubtful again and end up not building it at all letting the titan just lay in it's box doing nothing

i try and try not to think about it as i don't want to end up in the spiral between the 350d and the 900d i have decided now as i like the 900d in looks more then the 350d

reason i never wen't for the 800d back in the days years ago was the rounded window it had

I have a 800d with 1 geforce titan in it on a asus rampage 4 extreme and it looks fine so what is your point?

I rather have the case look big and empty than full with crap in my way. the dude needs to get his eyes checked the more spread out things are the better it is,..

Not having enough fans to fill the case makes it look empty./

and no i really have no plans for sli due to the powe consumption i live at home and over 1000 watt would probably be too much for the house to handle i also use crts so they drag alot too

I don't think you need to worry about that. If your outlet can't handle 1000w you have serious issues. Also, I have a AX1200i power supply, which measures power usage. I have a 3570k and sli gtx 670s, both overclocked big time and it hardly ever breaks 600w usage. Wish I would have got an 860i.

Well this was never going to end well then.

I'm surprised you even like the cooler on the Titan as its derived from the 690 cooler which was symmetrical.

There are people out here who are dying for a build with a Titan and a 900D or even a 350D and if you can't decide between them on the pragmatics of your personal build then I like yourself don't see how you can ever buy anything.

Secondly have you ever heard of modding? If its not perfect perhaps you should try to make it perfect, you might even learn something about your problem.

Joe

Archived