Corsair Community

iCUE and MM800 Polaris Problem

xxric1993xx

Hello guys =)

for a few weeks now I am facing an annoying problem with my MM800 and iCue.

The Problem(s):

- I have a total of three Profiles in iCue I am using. One Main / Desktop Profile, and two Counter Strike Source Profile (One T side, one CT side). All have different lighting and macro setups.

All lighting effects are links to the Corsair K95 and MM800.

When I start the PC, the lighting effects are working on the MM800, but after a few seconds or minutes, the MM800 switches back to the default Rainbow spiral lights, whereas the K95 stays in the selected lighting mode.

As soon as this happens, the MM800 stays in the Rainbow mode, no matter wether i try to select a custom lighting for the MM800 or disabling the lightings. The MM800 simply doesnt react to any commands from iCue.

Also a profile switch doesnt help. I have to plug out the MM800 and plug it in, to get the right lighting work, but as I mentioned, after a short time, it goes back to the default rainbow lighting.

- Sometimes the lighting of the MM800 wont turn on when i start the pc, i have to plug it out an in again, to get the lights work. But the above mentioned problem happens shortly after.

- Sometimes the lights of the MM800 stays on even i have powered off the PC.

- In the attached screenshot you can see that i selected an all white color scheme, but the MM800 still got its rainbow lighting...

Background info:

I have bought the MM800 together with the K95 Platinum in April 2017.

From the time of buying the K95 works perfect, never had any issues.

The MM800 worked also perfect since about beginning of June, then the problems started. I havent had any hardware / software changes at that point.

Things I've already tried:

- Update the USB drivers

- Updated Windows

- The MM800 is plugged in in the USB port of the K95. I tried using all other USB ports in my tower. No changes...

- Update / Force update the MM800 bunch of times

- Sent the in April bought MM800 back, and got a new one from Amazon, cause i thought this was a hardware issue of the MM800, but same with the new one.

- Reinstalled iCue software. Also tried it with all iCues version i could find, beginning with Version 3.1.133. But the same problems happens with all iCue releases i could find.

System:

- Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 64Bit

- Mainboard: ASrock Gen68 Xtreme3

- Intel i7-2600K

- 16GB DDR3 Ram

If you need more infos, just ask =)

I really hope that someone can help solving this issue, because i do like the MM800. But not being able to use / sync the lighting profiles to the other Corsair devices fails the meaning of it...

Have a good day,

Ricardo

9066662_2018-07-2013_34_51.thumb.jpg.b261c0e3e4b19d6c6e0d5e3efbdf950b.jpg

In your screen shot, you have an extra spiral rainbow at the bottom of your lighting effects. This is really common and seems to happen when the profiles are converted from CUE 2 to iCUE. Normally, the top to bottom hierarchy will keep a solid color on the top of it, but if active you may see it flash through on changes or it will shine through on intermittent effects. You can either delete it or toggle it off.

I am not sure this addresses all your issues, but might be a place to start and see if there is a change.

Thanks c-attack for your answer.

I did not had any CUE software installed before iCUE, I only used iCUE and made the profiles there. Even tried creating a total new profile in the latest icue 5.x release today, but same...

I will try your suggestion, removing the spiral effect in the bottom. So you think the problem in general is explicitly the "Spiral" at the bottom, or the twisted layer hierarchy?

@c-attack I tried it using a completly new created profile, without any linked or non linke spirals, and made an instant lighting for all devices, and you can see... i plugged it out and in again, the instant lighting was for about 10 seconds correct, but then switched back to rainbow spiral... as you can see in this photo :(

1701294234_2018-07-2021_54_44.thumb.jpg.f24de1c1b3cc18ea62ff14141b966a46.jpg

I have a little different problem. My MM800, when I start PC, turns solid RED and you cannot change it to anything! :(

The only way to fix it is to go to the settings of iCUE and turn off/on SDK support!

I do not know what happened it was all okay recently.

I did reinstall of iCUE, did not help.

@c-attack I tried it using a completly new created profile, without any linked or non linke spirals, and made an instant lighting for all devices, and you can see... i plugged it out and in again, the instant lighting was for about 10 seconds correct, but then switched back to rainbow spiral... as you can see in this photo :(

I was afraid of that. In your original picture, the solid white should have covered the rainbow completely. Now in the second photo, the instant purple lighting should also overrule any and all existing color settings. At the same time, the device is clearly recognized by the software in both.

Well, &$^#^! I took my MM800 out of the box. I tend not to use it much. I ran through your settings, recreated them, tested all the instant lighting. My current profile has a very complex lighting scheme with each cell having its own color assignment. Right as I hit the period for the paragraph above, the MM800 started to rainbow on me. In the iCUE window, it shows the right color scheme. On the desk, (spiral) rainbow. I thought I got it back for a second, but I cannot get back again. SDK toggle no effect for me. Unplug the MM800, back to normal. Let's see how long it lasts.

I am on iCUE 3.5.111. I have not used my MM800 since iCUE 3.2xx, so I don't know is this is a new bug in 3.5 or something else. We are going to need some additional assistance and data collection.

I was afraid of that. In your original picture, the solid white should have covered the rainbow completely. Now in the second photo, the instant purple lighting should also overrule any and all existing color settings. At the same time, the device is clearly recognized by the software in both.

Right, both times it shouldve completely been covered up by either...

Well, &$^#^! I took my MM800 out of the box. I tend not to use it much. I ran through your settings, recreated them, tested all the instant lighting. My current profile has a very complex lighting scheme with each cell having its own color assignment. Right as I hit the period for the paragraph above, the MM800 started to rainbow on me. In the iCUE window, it shows the right color scheme. On the desk, (spiral) rainbow. I thought I got it back for a second, but I cannot get back again. SDK toggle no effect for me. Unplug the MM800, back to normal. Let's see how long it lasts.

Yep same here. UInplug the MM800, the color schene is correct again for a few seconds, sometimes even a few hours. But i hadn got any day, since this "bug" startet, when the color schene reverted at least a few times a day.

I am on iCUE 3.5.111. I have not used my MM800 since iCUE 3.2xx, so I don't know is this is a new bug in 3.5 or something else. We are going to need some additional assistance and data collection.

Yep, currently I'm also on 3.5.111 because I thoght I'll wait with this forum entry, till the new version is released, maybe they fixed this annoying bug.

But, well that sounds rude, im quite happy to hear from other people that they are facing the same / simular issue.

So far just the once for 12 hours. I am going to leave it on and play around. I played about 5 different games last night, all with their own linked iCUE profiles and specific MM800 lighting schemes. All worked normally. I was wondering if it might be related to the instant lighting since that was about the last thing I did before I got rainbowed, but I can't make it do it again.

So this has been going on for two months?!?

I don't know either. I have left my MM800C on to see how this goes, but I have not had the issue reoccur since the first time.

Is your K95 the 18 key macro version? I am using the K95 Plat. and my MM800 is also plugged into the USB passthrough. We are also on the same iCUE version. Obviously the clear difference is our board/driver sets., but then this has occurred on both systems.

No, its the 6Macro K95 version.

Well update from the corsair Support / Ticketing system...

A corsair support guy offered me a firmware file, to flash it on the MM800...

I did that, the firmware installation failed at 80%. After that the MM800 went total black, no LEDs.

Now it doesn't light up anymore, unplugging and replugging, restarting pc, nothing heldps, the MM800 stays dark.

Now it isn't even recognized from windows anymore, i hear that windows plugging sound, but the MM800 is not listed under devices and printer or anything else.

So well, got worse, LEDs not working anymore. Awesome.

I already replied to that ticket, lets see what they respond tomorrow...

This is a real gamebreaker, though I am damn amazed from the K95 keyboard. But the MM800 gets more and more a pain in the ***. And my future plans, building a new pc with all corsair stuff, tower, fans etc. to match the RGB lighting, are growing smaller day by day I have problems with the MM800...

• Corsair Employee

The mousepad isn't bricked. There is a way to bring back operation. Under the mousepad, there is a pinhole. Use a paperclip and depress the pinhole while simultaneously plugging in the USB cable. If successful, you'll see the device show up as a flash drive named CRP_DISABLED. Delete the bin file you see in it and copy into it what I attached instead. This will update the firmware and bring the device back from its bootloader state.

As for your USB issues, attach me the logs from iCUE (settings -> export logs) and we can try to see why its happening.

MM800 FW v0.03.24_App_v1.02.50.bin.zip

The mousepad isn't bricked. There is a way to bring back operation. Under the mousepad, there is a pinhole. Use a paperclip and depress the pinhole while simultaneously plugging in the USB cable. If successful, you'll see the device show up as a flash drive named CRP_DISABLED. Delete the bin file you see in it and copy into it what I attached instead. This will update the firmware and bring the device back from its bootloader state.

As for your USB issues, attach me the logs from iCUE (settings -> export logs) and we can try to see why its happening.

Well, you're right, i pressed the pin, replugged it and it opend the flash drive as mentioned.

But sadly you forgot to attach something to your answer? Or I am just to dumb to see it... Getting kinda euphorious, that there may be a soon solution...

• Corsair Employee
Well, you're right, i pressed the pin, replugged it and it opend the flash drive as mentioned.

But sadly you forgot to attach something to your answer? Or I am just to dumb to see it... Getting kinda euphorious, that there may be a soon solution...

Sorry the attachment didn't upload properly. It is there now.

Do not forget to tell us if this will fix your problem.

Sorry the attachment didn't upload properly. It is there now.

Thank you very much! That brought the MM800 back to life. And since i did thatthe profile color scheme is working! Longer than usual =)

I will keep track of its state, and as soon as theres the rainbow spiral bug again, or not working properly with iCue i will add the logs.

But i really hope that wont be needed...

Thanks!

Do not forget to tell us if this will fix your problem.

I won't! I'm amazed now, that it still works :D

Thank you very much! That brought the MM800 back to life. And since i did thatthe profile color scheme is working! Longer than usual =)

I will keep track of its state, and as soon as theres the rainbow spiral bug again, or not working properly with iCue i will add the logs.

But i really hope that wont be needed...

Thanks!

I won't! I'm amazed now, that it still works :D

That's good. I did not know that you can resurrect MM800 like that after firmware failure.

Thank you Corsair! :)

Well, that good mood lasted not long, but longer than usual. Now its back to rainbow spiral.

I attached the logs from iCue. The MM800 is recognized in iCue, but doesnt react to any iCue commands...

Edit: just checked the logs myself, and there a tons of errors concerning the MM800 in the logs. Here's just a small sample :D

2018-07-26T23:41:07 I cue.dev: MouseMat LED colors change failed. request timed out for MM800RGB

2018-07-26T23:41:07 I cue.dev: MouseMat LED colors change failed. Device: MM800RGB, Execution result = 0, result = 0, platform error code = 995.

2018-07-26T23:41:12 I cue.dev: MouseMat LED colors change failed. request timed out for MM800RGB

2018-07-26T23:41:12 I cue.dev: MouseMat LED colors change failed. Device: MM800RGB, Execution result = 0, result = 0, platform error code = 995.

2018-07-26T23:41:12 W MainWindow_QMLTYPE_571(0x296c3e58) must be a top level window.

2018-07-26T23:41:12 W MainWindow_QMLTYPE_571(0x296c3e58) must be a top level window.

2018-07-26T23:41:12 W file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Corsair/CORSAIR iCUE Software/QtQuick/Dialogs/DefaultFileDialog.qml:210:25: QML ListView: Binding loop detected for property "model"

2018-07-26T23:41:13 W libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

2018-07-26T23:41:13 W qrc:/qml/ui/DevicesPanel.qml:71:12: QML Loader: Binding loop detected for property "asynchronous"

2018-07-26T23:41:14 W qrc:/qml/ui/DevicesPanel.qml:94:4: QML Binding: Binding loop detected for property "value"

2018-07-26T23:41:14 W qrc:/qml/ui/DevicesPanel.qml:94:4: QML Binding: Binding loop detected for property "value"

2018-07-26T23:41:14 I cue.init.ui: Starting UI.

2018-07-26T23:41:18 W qrc:/qml/ui/DevicesPanel.qml:71:12: QML Loader: Binding loop detected for property "sourceComponent"

2018-07-26T23:41:18 W libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

2018-07-26T23:41:18 W libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

iCue Logs.zip

• Corsair Employee
Well, that good mood lasted not long, but longer than usual. Now its back to rainbow spiral.

I attached the logs from iCue. The MM800 is recognized in iCue, but doesnt react to any iCue commands...

Edit: just checked the logs myself, and there a tons of errors concerning the MM800 in the logs. Here's just a small sample :D

Thanks, I'll get these logs over for inspection.

Archived