Corsair Community

airflow suggestion

Uli

So got the H115i plat. but due to clearance problem from the ram (Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO) i can not mount it in the top (fractal R6).

So I have it mountet to the front with fans pulling air in from the front..

Would a fan at the buttom or 2x120mm fans at the top as intake help with cooling air for none cpu parts, or will the air coming through the radiator be enough.

So got the H115i plat. but due to clearance problem from the ram (Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO) i can not mount it in the top (fractal R6).

Would a fan at the buttom or 2x120mm fans at the top as intake help with cooling air for none cpu parts, or will the air coming through the radiator be enough.

More airflow is never a bad thing. I would throw one there as it'll help cool an M2 drive if it's in a similar area at the bottom as mine are, plus over pressure inside the case isn't a bad thing, keeps dust and stuff from sneaking in cracks bypassing the filters. Maybe not 100% but a lot better than without.

Fractal R6 is a fantastic case for cooling... same as mine ;):

I have the following fans...

2x140mm Corsair ML exhaust at top

1x140mm Fractal exhaust at rear

4x140mm Corsair ML as intake push/pull on radiator at front

1x140mm Fractal intake at base

1x120mm Corsair ML intake at base behind PSU

1x140mm Fractal internal on PSU shelf

Use fan profiles to keep the speed low at idle and slowly ramp up the speeds as the component temperatures rise. Overall, the case is remarkably quiet given the number of fans that I have... OTT !

The Corsair ML 140mm twin-packs are great VFM on Amazon. I could not fit two 140mm fans behind the PSU, however a 140mm + 120mm does fit. Note that in general, 140mm fans are quieter that 120mm fans and they can shift more air.

All of this easily manages an i9-9900K under stress @5.1GHz

Edited by Yemble

There’s no reason not to put a fan or two at the bottom if you can. Even at low to moderate speed it should help move the warmer radiator exhaust out of the top rather than letting it move into the central GPU area that creates enough heat. Are you passive exhaust at the top? It may not be necessary to add them and you can experiment with top vs bottom, but I would place my bet on bottom intake for the most efficient results.