Corsair Community

AMD Bios and iCUE Compatibility Issues

Dicehunter

After a fair bit of testing I've found that the latest bios for the Asus Crosshair VII Hero WiFi stops the latest iCUE software from working properly especially with Vengeance Pro RGB memory and the newly released Light Enhancement Kits, I've also been told this affects the last gen X370 AMD Asus board as well.

I flashed an older bios, Tested with iCUE and concluded the newer bios does indeed cause compatibility issues, I retested each bios 3 times and each time uninstalled iCUE and reinstalled it to make sure and each time it delivered the same exact result.

The older bios also has various compatibility issues with iCUE but not as many as the newer version and the newer iCUE also has a few issues with the latest bios aside from the Vengeance product stack which is a pain considering the newer bios is needed for wider ram compatibility.

So Corsair software peeps, Do your magic please, Work a bit with Asus to resolve these compatibility issues pretty please :biggrin:

Hey ... thanks for the detailed testing. Do you have version numbers of the BIOSes that work vs the ones that don't?

And this has come up quite often, though nothing this detailed. I'm sure that the Corsair team is looking into it.

Bios 1103 that updates the AGESA version to 1.0.0.6 which helps widen ram compatibility does not play nicely with iCUE when it comes to the Vengeance Pro line and Light Enhancement Kit.

The older bios version 1003 works "ok" with iCUE but it's a bit hit and miss with the new Vengeance Pro RGB products, Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

So far I found the older 1003 bios and an older iCUE version, 3.9.9.3, Are best to control the Pro RGB line and Light Enhancement Kit.

There's also a thread ongoing on the Asus forums about this.

I would also like to report that my Asus X370-F Strix with new Bios 4207 breaks iCue and it cant see my Vengeance RGB, rolling back to the previous bios fixes the issue.

Can Corsair talk to Asus to have this fixed? Or update iCue to fix it.

Thanks

It's an incompatibility issue with AMD's bios that's why, Intel is unaffected.

Seems like there are issues with Asus's latest UEFI update across various platforms. No issues reported from Gigabyte, AS Rock, EVGA, or MSI Owners

yeah.. my reply was to Solarity ;): who asked me (else where) if i was 'infected' lol.. Don't think he saw that it was an AMD issue only and also said (hoping maybe lol) its across various Asus Platforms....:D:.. he hates Asus with a passion hence he pointed out (in order of preference) that no other manufacturers have any problems LOL, (we are mates away from here BTW)

To start another debate.... MSI after EVGA?.. i mean.. why is EVGA in that list hahahah..

Gigabyte, AS Rock, EVGA, or MSI.

should be AsRock/Asus/Msi/Evga/gigabyte right? :D::D: .. (remember this is Banter fuelled :D::D:

Archived