Corsair Community

Ironclaw Wireless RGB losing icue settings

Vaey

Hello everyone I got this mouse 1-2 weeks ago. The mouse worked perfectly fine all was good and I was happy.

Sadly 3 days ago it started to make really big problems. After starting mc PC the Mouse was not connecting to the dongle. no matter how often I unplugged and replugged the dongle even in other usb slots.

After some time I was able to repair it with the icue software. So it was working again. Suddenly while gaming my Mouse 4 Button was not working. Instead of Mouse 4 it presses "3" on the keyboard. And my DPI indicator color changed to blue (I have set it to red to match my setup).

So all of a sudden it seems the mouse lost all settings I have put into iCue. I deleted the Hardware Profiles cause I thought they are the problem. I also deleted the hardware Profiles from my other Corsair Mice (Nightsword RGB) to make sure no hardware profile is making the mice go crazy

Closing and starting iCue again fixes it for some minutes till it appears again. Also softreset helps but the problem comes back everytime after some time.

I would like to hard reset both of my Mices to maybe resolve the Issue and also get the Hardware profiles back but I dont have the Firmware for it.

I Hope Anyone else can help me. Or has a Solution to my Ironclaw problem / can give me the Firmwares to reset both mices to get the Profiles back and maybe fix the problem my ironclaw has.

If I cant fix it I sadly have to return the mice. I really like it but this problem is not to oversee it. And as I see many have problems with this mice I consider then getting another brand and mice.

Kind regards.

Vaey

Edited by Vaey

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same problem with my ironclaw rgb.

Since a few days the mouse is loosing its config/profile.

I see the same when i hit the "back" thumb button it is sending "number 3".

Stopping Icue and restarting it fix the problem for some minutes. Also turn the mouse off and on with the switch on the bottom is fixing it for some minutes.

I also deinstalled icue and installed a older verision of it. Still the same problem.

I also see, when the mouse is loosing its config, the led´s are in the rainbow mode instead the configured one in the profile. (i have also the K70 keyboard and there are still the colours of the activated profile.)

Any ideas?

I have the same problem with my ironclaw rgb.

Since a few days the mouse is loosing its config/profile.

I see the same when i hit the "back" thumb button it is sending "number 3".

Stopping Icue and restarting it fix the problem for some minutes. Also turn the mouse off and on with the switch on the bottom is fixing it for some minutes.

I also deinstalled icue and installed a older verision of it. Still the same problem.

I also see, when the mouse is loosing its config, the led´s are in the rainbow mode instead the configured one in the profile. (i have also the K70 keyboard and there are still the colours of the activated profile.)

Any ideas?

So we both have the same Problems and no fix for it. Soft resetting only helps for some minutes.

the people with issues: are you using soft profiles?

Can confirm I have this issue too. Had since forced firmware update. Will update again if I have this issue. EDIT: Still has the same issue. iCUE log amended below.

More description of issue:

The mouse switches to HW profile while seemingly still connected to iCUE. Soft reset or relaunching iCUE some times only help for minutes.

Latest recent iCUE log

2019-12-12T13:01:50 C cue.devices: Unknown command in CommandHandlerBase: AbstractCommand::SetDpiBrightnessLevel

2019-12-12T13:01:50 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

Get property WirelessChipFirmwareVersion failed.

Command processing error: PropertyNotSupported.

2019-12-12T13:01:50 C cue.devices: Unknown command in CommandHandlerBase: AbstractCommand::SetLiftHeightLevel

2019-12-12T13:01:50 C cue.devices: Unknown command in CommandHandlerBase: AbstractCommand::SetDpiBrightnessLevel

2019-12-12T13:01:50 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

2019-12-12T13:01:50 C cue.devices: Unknown command in CommandHandlerBase: AbstractCommand::SetLiftHeightLevel

2019-12-12T13:01:51 W cue.firmware.update.controller: Cannot check for update, checking is currently performed

2019-12-12T13:01:51 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

2019-12-12T13:01:51 I cue.firmware.index: "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE" no newer FW version was found, selecting package with maximal verion

2019-12-12T13:01:51 I cue.firmware.index: "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE" no newer FW version was found, package: QJsonObject({"integrity":"sha512-cWHbZuY0KsV3if44Z6T8x9t692+/aJCdKIOUx5/WCzFqGDpIp1qmV43ndr0mFTqzZFLb2a+7Lw7k/5Op1dQTyQ==","provides":{"application":"1.11.52"},"release-date":"2019-11-11T15:07:00.000Z","requires":{"software":">=3.22.74"},"source":"IRONCLAWRGBWIRELESS_DONGLE_1.11.52.zip","version":"1.11.52"})

2019-12-12T13:01:51 I cue.firmware.index: "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS" no newer FW version was found, selecting package with maximal verion

2019-12-12T13:01:51 I cue.firmware.index: "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS" no newer FW version was found, package: QJsonObject({"integrity":"sha512-XJQzM2nAI3lrghMjze6bC1ci5SkOCWt3O84g0bBckq5MgXqRbarpMRbA5UpP+cwySIBjDBfeiMKeopT3DK1vkg==","provides":{"application":"1.14.102"},"release-date":"2019-11-11T15:07:00.000Z","requires":{"software":">=3.22.74"},"source":"IRONCLAWRGBWIRELESS_1.14.102.zip","version":"1.14.102"})

2019-12-12T13:01:51 I cue.firmware.meta: Processing "CUEqncdQX{d1d58cf4-1310-4c31-a650-45ef427b9d2c}_temp_Thanos_Dongle_App_v1.11.52.json"

2019-12-12T13:01:51 I cue.firmware.meta: Processing "CUEftwRej{09a6857f-caaf-4140-aab4-4205fe50b8a0}_temp_Thanos_Mouse_App_v1.14.102.json"

2019-12-12T13:01:51 C cue.devices: Unknown command in CommandHandlerBase: AbstractCommand::ValidateFirmwareFiles

2019-12-12T13:01:51 I cue.firmware.meta: Processing "CUEftwRej{09a6857f-caaf-4140-aab4-4205fe50b8a0}_temp_Thanos_Mouse_App_v1.14.102.json"

2019-12-12T13:01:51 W cue.firmware.validation: Invalid usb id provided (vid=1b1c, pid=1b4c) for "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE"

2019-12-12T13:04:44 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer apply for Blue failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-12-12T13:06:32 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

Set property StoredMouseSensorResolutionStage1X failed.

2019-12-12T13:08:41 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

2019-12-12T13:09:20 W qrc:/qml/collection/ColorPicker.qml:42: TypeError: Cannot read property 'updateCurrentColor' of null

2019-12-12T13:09:20 W qrc:/qml/collection/ColorPicker.qml:48: TypeError: Cannot read property 'updateCurrentColor' of null

2019-12-12T13:09:21 W qrc:/qml/delegate/DeviceSettingsDelegate.qml:182:5: QML DeviceSettingsProperties: Binding loop detected for property "implicitWidth"

2019-12-12T13:09:21 W qrc:/qml/ui/settings/DeviceSettings.qml:52:11: QML ColumnLayout: Binding loop detected for property "contentHeight"

2019-12-12T13:09:21 W qrc:/qml/ui/settings/DeviceSettings.qml:244:7: Unable to assign [undefined] to double

2019-12-12T13:09:21 W qrc:/qml/JS/DropdownUtils.js:70: TypeError: Cannot read property 'rowCount' of undefined

2019-12-12T13:09:21 W qrc:/qml/delegate/TabViewTabDelegate.qml:21: TypeError: Cannot read property 'top' of null

2019-12-12T13:09:24 I cue.sdk: Starting router.

2019-12-12T13:09:24 I cue.sdk.automation.server: User requested enabling of SDK from iCUE settings. Starting a listening

2019-12-12T13:09:24 I cue.sdk.automation.server: Successfully started listening

2019-12-12T13:09:53 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

2019-12-12T13:10:15 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer apply for Red failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-12-12T13:10:56 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

2019-12-12T13:14:06 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer write, 1. failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-12-12T13:14:12 C cue.devices: Write hunk failed. Device: "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS"

2019-12-12T13:14:12 C cue.devices: Exception: Timeout (1500ms) while receiving reply.

2019-12-12T13:14:20 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

2019-12-12T13:14:28 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer write, 1. failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-12-12T13:14:29 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer write, 1. failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-12-12T13:14:31 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer apply for Red failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-12-12T13:15:33 C cue.devices: Write hunk failed. Device: "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS"

2019-12-12T13:15:33 C cue.devices: Exception: Timeout (1500ms) while receiving reply.

2019-12-12T13:17:12 C cue.devices: Write hunk failed. Device: "IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS"

2019-12-12T13:17:12 C cue.devices: Exception: Timeout (1500ms) while receiving reply.

2019-12-12T13:17:15 C cue.devices: Exception while runCommand on device IRONCLAW RGB WIRELESS DONGLE:

2019-12-12T13:17:32 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer write, 1. failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

2019-12-12T13:17:32 I cue.devices.nxp: Buffer apply for Red failed. request timed out for K95 RGB PLATINUM

Edited by Cruxiaer

Jumping on the bandwagon here. Got the mouse from Amazon two days ago. Soft programming isnt working. Trying to remap the DPI buttons to the Profile buttons (behind the wheel). Can't use hardware mapping since that doesn't allow remap of center buttons. When I remap the DPI buttons to keys 4 and 5, by the time I go to test it in my game (WOW) it is either pressing a 3, or not doing anything except messing with my DPI. I have to say the iCUE software is really a challenge compared to some of the other remapping products that come with other mice, but this mouse is the one that had the buttons I needed so I chose it. Going to keep working with it. I joined the forums just now to see if I was doing something wrong - but it appears it is an issue with the mouse. Thanks all.

The left click and profile up/down buttons will not be available for remap in HW mode so you can't lock yourself out from profile switching or the left click. Both are possible in software mode.

The Actions bug is still present in iCUE 3.23. This may affect programmable mice like the ICW and Scimitar as well. Try clearing your actions library for the Iron Claw and see if it helps with the side button issue. The DPI/sensitivity drop is something else and seems to be ICW exclusive. It has been reported and I do not have any advice for that at the moment.

Man it looks like your issues started the same day as mine. I got the mouse in September and my issues started Thurs Dec. 5, 2019.

Same as what everyone above has mentioned. DPI settings changed and the profiles too in the middle of a game even though the profile is set to start up with the game.

Then after the new version of iCue came out I uninstalled 2. Whatever it was and cleared the registry, and removed every single iCue related folder from my computer before installing the updated 3.23 version. This time though, the hardwired profiles don't appear at all and my profile settings keep changing on their own still. And of course I have to unplug and reinsert the dongle, or unplug and plug the mouse back in. Soft resets do nothing, can't hard reset without a firmware download that Corsair is supposed to provide, but I submitted a ticket 5 days ago and no response yet.

I have spent about three hours working with iCUE and now not only cant I remap the DPI buttons, I cant disable them or do anything. I can get the forward DPI button to keypress a "4" but when it does it, it also DPI up's. DPI down - I cant get it to do anything. Have tried mapping to something simple like a right mouse click - nada.

Since this was a brand new install I am betting a clean up isnt going to help. I really like the feel of the mouse. Going to hold onto it and wait for Corsair to fix their software/firmware. Seems like something that was updated a week ago goofed it up. If anyone has ideas, please post for sure.

Okay.. so an update. I got this working somehow. I think it is just a very steep learning curve on iCUE (for me anyway). There is no way to "save" things. And if you click on an Action accidentally it removes the action and you have to go redo it. Not sure how else to describe things. I may try to make a YouTube video on programming this mouse as there isn't one that I can see. Not sure if I can help anyone else with what I did since I am using the software "as designed". The issue for me was PEBCAK :-)

I am having this exact issue and still have not found how to resolve it. Any further details on what you did to fix would be great!

Haven't found a fix yet, the only workaround I can think of now is to save your software profile to your hardware profile but that has its limitation as you can't bind actions to 4 of the buttons to prevent you locking yourself out of the mouse.

I am having this exact issue and still have not found how to resolve it. Any further details on what you did to fix would be great!

I found a workaround.

I went ahead and reinstalled 3.21.88

My dongle firmware is v0.9.40

My mouse firmware is v0 11.80

I haven't had a problem yet today.

Do you happen to have a link for the firmware? I cant seem to find it.

I looked but wasn't able to find it.... Sorry 😞

FYI: My Ironclaw is on 1.14.102 mouse, 1.11.52 dongle firmwares

That's what mine was on before I got it back to the current versions.

I found a workaround.

I went ahead and reinstalled 3.21.88

My dongle firmware is v0.9.40

My mouse firmware is v0 11.80

I haven't had a problem yet today.

Yes, updating to the latest version of icue and updating the firmware,my mouse has a problem!

Finally install 3.21.88 old version and old firmware to solve the problem

:!::!::!::!::!:

Edited by sapphire989

Yes, updating to the latest version of icue and updating the firmware,my mouse has a problem!

Finally install 3.21.88 old version and old firmware to solve the problem

:!::!::!::!::!:

Hi can you add how you went about downgrading to older firmware,

I have had the mouse a day and looking on forums why profiles stop working.

Hi can you add how you went about downgrading to older firmware,

I have had the mouse a day and looking on forums why profiles stop working.

1, Uninstall icue, Reboot PC

2, Install 3.21.88, use usb connected to your mouse

3, Open icue, go to Setting> Mice> Click to update Firmware

ScreenShot00030.thumb.jpg.ac5f52a954688fb6d9b18ed34dfbdaa4.jpg

Edited by sapphire989

Those of you who are experiencing the "drop out" into HW mode, if you flip the underside switch from 2.4 to USB mode and then back to 2.4, do you regain software control?

How often does the mouse drop out? A couple times a week? Every 30 minutes?

Edited by c-attack

Those of you who are experiencing the "drop out" in HW mode, if you flip the underside switch from 2.4 to USB mode and then back to 2.4, do you regain software control?

Problems occur from time to time in the new version and new firmware(Don't update new firmware)

3.21.88 very stable( Ironclaw Wireless RGB)

Those of you who are experiencing the "drop out" into HW mode, if you flip the underside switch from 2.4 to USB mode and then back to 2.4, do you regain software control?

Yes, turning off and on again fixes it. It happens about every 30 mins for me.

Edited by doctorcrypto

1, Uninstall icue, Reboot PC

2, Install 3.21.88, use usb connected to your mouse

3, Open icue, go to Setting> Mice> Click to update Firmware

[ATTACH]37093[/ATTACH]

maybe it's just me, but where do you download 3.21.88 and firmware images?

Edited by doctorcrypto