Corsair Community

Link Software and firmware

GrahamB

Getting very confused by this and trying to get my new link commander recognized.

Is there any chance of getting a current definitive answer to what versions of Link require which firmware versions, where they can be downloaded and how to upgrade the firmware.

These all seem to be evolving products so I am loath to rely on old posts and solutions.

Second question; The H100i has a link port on it, can I use this to connect to the link commander when I can get it to work, thus freeing up a USB header

Third question; Have the link cooling and lighting kit and a Carbide 500R (White) case. Did I buy the cooling kit (Corsair Link kits include fan controllers that work with virtually any standard PC case fan) in vain? The Commander has a case fan controller connector on it but I assume this won't connect/work with the Carbide fan controller.

Lastly the rear exhaust fan on the case (3 pin) would I be better connecting this to a motherboard fan port of the link cooling kit?

GrahamB

Haven't connected the 500r (white) case fans to the controller, as they are 3 pin, Ground, Fan and LED power, No specs posted other than I have been able to determine they are 'non standard'.

So I am guessing they are not compatible with the Link cooling controller, even if I do (and I will experiment) will almost certainly loose the LEDs.

What I think (and research not completed) Not PWM, speed altered by voltage only which is bad at under 50% No speed monitoring possible, LED control requires cutting the wires, a a lot of soldering and frequent visits to Maplins to try and find the right bits.

Archived