Corsair Community

HX1200i Power supply burned out

zevar

My Corsair HX1200i power supply burned out when the computer was in sleep mode. My computer is weak and has little power consumption. The power supply was bought new in my country, and worked in my computer for three years, I was very happy. But one fine morning I woke up with the children from loud explosions, which were one after one and a lot of stench all over the apartment, my UPS wrote, and the opening machine in the apartment worked. We were very scared! As a result, the power supply burned out, and stank of fire. I see through the vents of the fan that there transistors burned out two pieces of their feet burned out. The block was not opened and has factory seals. The store where I bought it has already closed. There is no representation of Corsair in my country. I have a high-quality power supply at home, the computer is connected to the network through an uninterrupted power supply. After checking on another unit, all the components remained intact, thanks to the corsair for this, but the power supply does not work.

3a3dc9bf932a2c56990d7458e75ef0e6.jpg

026235d65861056bc66712286ddb85aa.jpg

edc0fc6bd3780f5e5940ff360c6447c0.jpg

a7d1bd426a38086dbc3eb5e40bf5861d.jpg

Thank you, I contacted Corsair and they approved the refund. Here is a quote from a letter that was sent to me:

"Your return merchandise authorization (RMA) has been approved, and we have included a return label as an attachment to this message. Please carefully follow the instructions below to ensure a smooth return."

• 3 weeks later...