Corsair Community

Question about Ironclaw Wireless

pinkfloyd1173

Hey guys so I am a noob to this m/k stuff, so need all the help and advice I can get.

I play alot of BF games, and I have been able to bind the H & I keys too 2 actions, reload and crouch.

Now keys D,J,E, I would like to bind some actions to those keys, gadgets and so forth.

I am wondering why I can not bind those keys in game?

Do I have to make a profile?

How do I make a profile (like I said noob)

I know that there are issues with the IC mouse at the moment, so wondering if that could be an issue.

I love the mouse because I have big hands and it fits perfectly in my hand.

Thanks in advance guys.

Games and the OS will only recognize standard keys, like your typical keyboard, left/right click, for/back mouse buttons. All the extra buttons and G-keys do not have an inherent value in the OS and are unique to the product. The way to work with that is by substitution binding.

1) Go to the mouse. Create a new action (+).

2) The "Macro" option will appear in center. Change this to "Remap Mouse Button".

3) Select the "D" circle. Then assign it to one of the mouse buttons in the diagram above. That mouse button is now a copy of the D key.

4) Repeat for any other keys needed. You need a new action for each.

Now the trick is this is one profile and you need that profile to be active for this to work. That means you either need a dedicated profile for that game or you need to copy these actions to any profile in use. If you mostly change your profiles for lighting purposes, you can quickly copy actions to other profiles by first moving them into the Actions Library, then copying and re-assigning them in the new profile.