Corsair Community

64GB DDR4 DRAM 3466MHz C16 Not working with new Ryzen

ocp15k

What speeds are you able to run stably?

There are limitations in the board's memory controller, particularly when using a 4-up memory configuration.

I can run 2 sticks in XMP or whatever settings I throw at it (inc Ryzen calc SAFE timings).

It doesn't like having all 4 sticks in all at once no matter what I do, unfortunately. That includes dropping speeds to 2133/auto, increasing voltage, increasing timings.

Are the QVL with mobo manufacturers directly communicated with memory makers? I mean if possible, anyone from corsair able to put a word in with Gigabyte X570 boards?

BTW, my friend with X570 Aorus Xtreme motherboard has the exact same problem with the exact same memory kit.

Edited by ocp15k

I can run 2 sticks in XMP or whatever settings I throw at it (inc Ryzen calc SAFE timings).

It doesn't like having all 4 sticks in all at once no matter what I do, unfortunately. That includes dropping speeds to 2133/auto, increasing voltage, increasing timings.

Are the QVL with mobo manufacturers directly communicated with memory makers? I mean if possible, anyone from corsair able to put a word in with Gigabyte X570 boards?

BTW, my friend with X570 Aorus Xtreme motherboard has the exact same problem with the exact same memory kit.

It seems lately there have been quite a few Gigabyte X570 users having problems recently.

Will it not post with all 4 or is it just having a massive amount of errors during memtest86?

It seems lately there have been quite a few Gigabyte X570 users having problems recently.

Will it not post with all 4 or is it just having a massive amount of errors during memtest86?

no post at all! I think the gigabyte range is the more popular option, therefore, more people post issues or is it something you have encountered?

any chance of having a word internally with gigabyte? kinda driving me nuts only having 2 sticks in (looks much better with 4) and of course, wasting 2 sticks of 16gb of ram.

no post at all! I think the gigabyte range is the more popular option, therefore, more people post issues or is it something you have encountered?

any chance of having a word internally with gigabyte? kinda driving me nuts only having 2 sticks in (looks much better with 4) and of course, wasting 2 sticks of 16gb of ram.

I wonder if you may need to reconfigure your ProcODT and RTT values in BIOS/UEFI to find a compatible set of options that will allow you to post with both 2 or 4 sticks. This way perhaps you can reconfigure while two sticks are installed then possibly have it work after all four are installed.

Have you tried using Dram Calculator for Ryzen to get recommended values?

Edited by A Computer Guy

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if you may need to reconfigure your ProcODT and RTT values in BIOS/UEFI to find a compatible set of options that will allow you to post with both 2 or 4 sticks. This way perhaps you can reconfigure while two sticks are installed then possibly have it work after all four are installed.

Have you tried using Dram Calculator for Ryzen to get recommended values?

Yes, as I said in my original post ryzen calc works with 2 sticks only. It doesn't work at all with 4 sticks installed no matter what I use.

Yes, as I said in my original post ryzen calc works with 2 sticks only. It doesn't work at all with 4 sticks installed no matter what I use.

Sorry it's unclear...have you tried any other combinations of ProcODT and RTT values besides what was suggested by dram calculator?

I think it would be helpful if another user with a Zen2 CPU on x570 with 4 sticks of memory can post their ProcODT and RTT values here for comparison and maybe those values can work to help you post. (assuming that may be the issue)

Also the ram link you provided in your original post does not work. What is the model and version of your memory kit?

Otherwise I'd open a support ticket with Gigabyte.

Sorry it's unclear...have you tried any other combinations of ProcODT and RTT values besides what was suggested by dram calculator?

I think it would be helpful if another user with a Zen2 CPU on x570 with 4 sticks of memory can post their ProcODT and RTT values here for comparison and maybe those values can work to help you post. (assuming that may be the issue)

Also the ram link you provided in your original post does not work. What is the model and version of your memory kit?

Otherwise I'd open a support ticket with Gigabyte.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/DOMINATOR-PLATINUM-RGB/p/CMT64GX4M4C3466C16

looks like they removed it from the UK site.

i've been trying to get gigabyte reps attention about this issue but it has just been brushed off/ignored.

As you can see, there isn't many people with 64gb of this stuff to provide any input. Thats why I want to get some coverage here and hopefully Corsair is able to help.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/DOMINATOR-PLATINUM-RGB/p/CMT64GX4M4C3466C16

looks like they removed it from the UK site.

i've been trying to get gigabyte reps attention about this issue but it has just been brushed off/ignored.

As you can see, there isn't many people with 64gb of this stuff to provide any input. Thats why I want to get some coverage here and hopefully Corsair is able to help.

Have you tried adjusting your SOC voltage while 2 sticks are installed before installing all 4?

Quotes from link below:

"Generally, the best SOC values fall between 0.97–1.025 V."

"A change to procODT or RTT is required when the system does not POST, has a huge number of errors, or a BSOD occurs."

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/amd-ryzen-memory-tweaking-overclocking-guide/8.html

Edited by A Computer Guy