Corsair Community

New Strafe Keyboard is recognized as malfunction

hyrtuer

Hello.

Thanks for your reply terabyte.

However, I already tried it.

Here is the ticket I opened on Corsair Official Support webpage, read from the end.

Created By: Arturo TS (10/14/2015 12:05 PM)

There are some limitations to using outdated hardware that we cannot account for.

Created By: Michael Trullas Garcia (10/14/2015 11:07 AM)

Hello.

I have been able to update the firmware of the keyboard on another computer. In that one, the keyboard is recognized well and the lights wave and all seems to be working well. However I don not understand why on my computer it dosen't work well. Why? Is it the chipset or what is the problem? Is not this keyboard supposed to work with usb 2.0 on all computers?

Created By: Arturo TS (10/14/2015 9:16 AM)

If you get the same errors on other computers, please initiate an exchange through your retailer.

Created By: Michael Trullas Garcia (10/14/2015 9:06 AM)

Hello, Justin G.

Thanks for the answer.

I have tried all the USB ports I have. It does the same. All the ports are USB 2.0, I do not have USB 3.0 or other versions. I am using the 1.11.85 version of CUE.

I will try the keyboard with other computer/computers and I will post the results.

Created By: Justin G. (10/14/2015 8:39 AM)

Our apologies for the inconvenience Michael. Does unplugging/replugging reset the status? Is it plugged into a USB 2.0/3.0? Is the issue replicated on a different computer? Which version of CUE are you using?

My message:

I bought a a brand new Corsair Strafe Keyboard some days ago. The part number is CH-9000088-ES. It was bought in Spain. I have been forced to select CH-9000088-UK because my model is not on the list.

My problem with the keyboard is that it is recognized as malfunction in the Corsair Utility Engine software.

So the problem is my computer, but no problem because I'll change it early :D

I have the same problem. I have to reboot about 90% of the time multiple times (1 to 4 times) to get the keyboard NOT be "recognized as malfunction". Once the Strafe RGB is recognized properly, the lighting profile automatically starts as normal. I have tried clean installs of the latest driver, tried different USB ports (mine are 3.0 ports), installed as 1 connector, and later 2 connector to see if that would help, booted full boot (not quick boot), enabled legacy USB support, that's it. Nothing changes this behavior.

• Corsair Employee
I have the same problem. I have to reboot about 90% of the time multiple times (1 to 4 times) to get the keyboard NOT be "recognized as malfunction". Once the Strafe RGB is recognized properly, the lighting profile automatically starts as normal. I have tried clean installs of the latest driver, tried different USB ports (mine are 3.0 ports), installed as 1 connector, and later 2 connector to see if that would help, booted full boot (not quick boot), enabled legacy USB support, that's it. Nothing changes this behavior.

When was the last time you updated your BIOS or USB drivers? Do you have another computer where you can plug the keyboard to see if it behaves the same? If it doesn't, then this indicates it's not the hardware.

• 2 years later...

Figured out this exact issue for myself. I realize this post is old. But it shows up near first in google.

USB 3.1 gen 2 ports don't work. I tried many computers. It comes down to USB 3.1 gen 2 having some form of issue. On three different computers. I don't know why. I don't know how. I just know I was able to get it to work on 2.0 and 3.0 and 3.1 gen 1 ports.

So essentially plug it into different ports. Just to add to this, these where MSI motherboards. No idea if that makes a difference.

Archived