Corsair Community

PSU Selection Dilemma

DevBiker

It's coming near time for me to finally replace my PSU. It's the single oldest component in my system (it's probably about 5 or 6 years old now and carried me through a couple of build cycles) and while it has served me well, it is time, I think. I especially want to upgrade to a PSU that I can monitor in Link (as y'all can probably tell by my activity on the forum, I am a Link fan) as well as add white paracord cables for a nice, clean look that matches my case interior. Since I like to keep room for growth, I'd be looking at 1kW PSU. This would put me at just under 50% at max theoretical load right now and around 35-40% at max real-world load, based on the load readings from my UPS.

So ... I'm struggling between the HXi series and the RMi series.

HXi: 80+ Platinum. Love that. Efficiency is a good thing. There's also the HXi 1200W ... which is probably more power than I need but I'd be open to it as it certainly gives me plenty of headroom for MORE POWER as I do tend to keep my PSUs for quite a while.

RMi: 80+ Gold ... but, based on reviews, it just about qualifies for Platinum. It's also a newer design/platform. But it has those ripple suppressing cables that aren't available on the HXi. And, while I'd really like the white edition PSUs, they aren't available with Link integration. :(:

So ... questions.

- How important is the ripple suppression? Certainly, even without those special cables, the HXi series has excellent ripple suppression anyway (based on reviews).

- Are there any key Link-related features in the HXi that the RMi doesn't have? Or vice-versa? Based on the product pages, I don't see anything there.

- And has any heard any rumors of an 80+ Platinum PSU with those Type4 cables? Or an 80+ Gold/Platinum PSU with RGB? Or ... dare I dream ... an 80+ Gold/Platinum with Type4 cables AND RGB??? <-- That right there would be a definite killer feature.

RGB??.. someone say RGB?.. and PSU??.. in same sentence??..

OMG

Like...

I would actually go without Food to have me a Corsair RGB PSU to hide under my PSU shroud in my 570x! :D:;):::pirate::

Well, if that came to pass, I think we'd need to start up a Go Fund Me for you so you don't starve yourself for your PSU. ;):

Archived