• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

******Update*****

I posted that I went back to 3.21.88 for the iCUE version and that

My dongle firmware is v0.9.40 and the mouse is

My mouse firmware is v0 11.80

It's been about a week and still no problems since then even with moving the dongle to a different PC without iCUE to use my mouse on it and switching back to my laptop.

Been running smoothly and I'm not losing my profile settings or anything

******Update*****

I posted that I went back to 3.21.88 for the iCUE version and that

My dongle firmware is v0.9.40 and the mouse is

My mouse firmware is v0 11.80

It's been about a week and still no problems since then even with moving the dongle to a different PC without iCUE to use my mouse on it and switching back to my laptop.

Been running smoothly and I'm not losing my profile settings or anything

Do you have the firmware files?

maybe it's just me, but where do you download 3.21.88 and firmware images?

install version 3.21.88 and click update Firmware.

The update is dongle firmware is v0.9.40 and mouse firmware is v0 11.80

ps:Built-in automatic provision of old firmware

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-Software-3-21-88.shtml

• Confused 1

install version 3.21.88 and click update Firmware.

The update is dongle firmware is v0.9.40 and mouse firmware is v0 11.80

ps:Built-in automatic provision of old firmware

https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Corsair-Utility-Engine-iCUE-Software-3-21-88.shtml

I just get a message saying that I'm already running the latest version of the firmwares. I don't have an option to change it (at least without a firmware image file).

I just get a message saying that I'm already running the latest version of the firmwares. I don't have an option to change it (at least without a firmware image file).

Sorry, I was wrong on this .. I clicked "force update" and it did install the earlier version ... thank you for your help .. very much appreciated :)

I can confirm I am having no problems when using an older firmware for the dongle. So it must be the dongle firmware causing the issue.

Donlge version: 0.9.40 (older from icue 3.21.88)

Mouse version: 1.14.102 (latest)

iCue version: 3.23.66 (latest)

*EDIT: Scrap that, it did it again :(

Edited by DannyF

• 3 weeks later...
I can confirm I am having no problems when using an older firmware for the dongle. So it must be the dongle firmware causing the issue.

Donlge version: 0.9.40 (older from icue 3.21.88)

Mouse version: 1.14.102 (latest)

iCue version: 3.23.66 (latest)

*EDIT: Scrap that, it did it again :(

Hey, I don't think you fully rolled back there that is why the problem persisted. My mouse is on firmware version 0.11.80, dongle 0.9.40. You gotta roll back your mouse firmware too to get rid of the intermittent disconnection.

I'm testing the latest firmware with the latest iCUE to see if its fixed, hopefully it is!

iCUE 3.24.52

Dongle 1.11.52 (same version from previous iCUE)

Mouse 1.14.102 (same version from previous iCUE)

Edited by Cruxiaer

I'm testing the latest firmware with the latest iCUE to see if its fixed, hopefully it is!

iCUE 3.24.52

Dongle 1.11.52 (same version from previous iCUE)

Mouse 1.14.102 (same version from previous iCUE)

Hi,

with me it still doesn't work with the version 3.24.52 !

:evil:

Hi,

with me it still doesn't work with the version 3.24.52 !

:evil:

After 1 day of usage, the mouse doesn't seem to disconnect from iCUE anymore. So no iCUE profile lost for me.

EDIT: Nope, still not working properly. Reverting back to old firmware.

Edited by Cruxiaer

Just installed latest iCUE 3.24.52 and firmwares.

Played one game of Apex Legends, and the profile went twice in one game I had to turn the mouse off and on again, very dissapointing.

Reverting back to 3.21.88 firmwares.

• 2 weeks later...

The lack of response from Corsair on what is clearly a known issue is infuriating. I used to recommend them for nearly every peripheral when people would ask. But seeing as how iCUE has been nothing but problems, and my mouse is basically useless and a waste of money. I now tell people to avoid them all together. It's a shame because I really like the shape and button placement, but the trash quality of construction (the first one I had, the mouse wheel literally broke off inside the mouse and was just bottomed out) and the lack of decent software has just ruined a product that probably would have been great.

Instead of buying Elgato maybe Corsair should have put some money into actually making decent software.

Hello Folks, new to the boards and found this thread looking for answers to my Iron Claw as well. Just bought it on Saturday and it too loses the Custom Actions and Lighting effects. This happens in Wireless Mode and Wired Mode (with wireless off). The only fix it seems is to turn off and on the mouse, and unplugging the mouse if plugged in.

Running iCue 3.24.52 with the latest dongle setup as requested by iCue. I love the mouse, other than this one major issue.

Any concrete solutions yet?

Well I tried a couple of things today with no success...

I connected the USB cable to the USB port, and then plugged in the adapter and dongle, placing it as close to the mouse as possible. No good it soon lost the setup profile.

I then programmed one of the Ironclaw HW1 programs on ICue and saved the program to the mouse, no good either, it also lost the programming.

No luck :sigh!:

83326142_463365810997951_4195734907009368064_n_zpsdhrif1bm.jpg

I've got the same problem with the Ironclaw. And yesterday, it even happened that MB4 and MB5 did not work anymore even though I did not remap them or anything.

Anyways, I do not want to write the same comments everywhere on the map. I described it yesterday on Reddit and just link it for now and will further follow this thread here.

Is there any indepth manual for the Ironclaw? Or for iCue? E.g., when I have 1 default profile and 3 Hardware profile, what would be the deliberate way for me to switch from default to a hardware profile? Right now, I can only get the HW profiles when the mouse switches to them by itself. Actually, I only want the default profile, I am just asking to understand the mouse better.

I cannot use the central profile up and down button when the default profile is activated. However, sadly, after a while, the mouse changes the profile itself.

Edit: One user in another mentioned that the USB settings in the device manager should be changed so that the PC never cuts off USB ports to save energy. However, I think the mouse driver should handle this when the port is in use by the mouse. Also, another user on the German board stated to whitelist every Corsair iCue stuff in the anti-virus program and then reinstall iCue. However, I never seemed to have any issue with iCue and the antivirus program. Still, could this be viable solutions? My firmware and updates are all up-to-date.

Edited by Christian1989

I got the same problem. The mouse would set itself in the first HW mode, so I was losing RGB and DPI settings during gameplay. This is really frustrating.

I rolled back everything and it seems fine. The only downside is that I lost every profiles I had, but nothing I can't redo. Thanks guys!

I hope Corsair will do better on their next firmware updates...

Hi, i've got the same mouse, and the same problem.... amongst many others :

- The mouse started to NOT wake up the computer....

- The mouse is loosing soft profiles first in 2.4g, then now even in USB mode !

- The mouse is named "Ironclaw Wireless RGB (1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)" by now, incrementing every few days....

- The mouse is "unavailable" with a red /!\ sign under it and blinks white when powerred up in 2.4Gmode

- The mouse is unable to connect to BT......

Worked fin 2 month ago..... then started decaying....

WTF CORSAIR !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

i contacted customer service, and they told me to go back to previous version, 2 steps back. but, expect removing aaaaaallllllll my profiles, it changed NOTHING ! even standalone, i can't connet the mouse to any BT device, nor via 2.4G, and is still loosing her mind several times an HOUR in USB !!!!

80€ for a rainbow rgb door wegde..... going back to my good old trusty 12 Y-O LOGITECH G500............ and contuing to harass corsair customer service !

:mad:

PS : HOooo, and i can't even connect to my laptop, which is soooo lame BT3.0.... and the mouse needs 4.0 minimum.... FOR A FREAKIN MOUSE !!!!!!!!!!

PS2 : you can't actually use it as a regular mouse on any random system BECAUSE YOU NEED TO INSTALL FREAKIN 300MB ICUE ONT THE GIVEN RANDOM PC !!!

F*ù$***^*$^*ù*$^ù*CK IT !!!!

sorry, i'm really pissed off by such a manufacturer behaviours .....

Update Nr3 :

I just installed ICUE on my old laptop, icue is usung more than 25% cpu usage since half an hour....

i managed to force the dongle and mouse update : Now the mouse is working in wireless, in HW mode again... but is already named "Ironclaw (1)(1)(1)(1)" sooooo A BRAND NEW ICUE install, has detected ans installer allready 5 TIMES ! and as you cannot rename peripherals..... pffffff what a crappy design !!!

Edited by -THCKhorne

I got the same problem. The mouse would set itself in the first HW mode, so I was losing RGB and DPI settings during gameplay. This is really frustrating.

I rolled back everything and it seems fine. The only downside is that I lost every profiles I had, but nothing I can't redo. Thanks guys!

I hope Corsair will do better on their next firmware updates...

Correct me if I’m wrong, as it seems there are many statements of rolling back the drivers to an earlier version. However from what I’ve read this is really hit and miss as it seems many have rolled back the driver with no success. It’s also seems there is no agreement on which older drivers work. So to me this indicates there is something inherently wrong with whole system. How is it even running the mouse on the USB cord, tethered that the mouse would still lose the settings?

Hi, i've got the same mouse, and the same problem.... amongst many others :

- The mouse started to NOT wake up the computer....

- The mouse is loosing soft profiles first in 2.4g, then now even in USB mode !

- The mouse is named "Ironclaw Wireless RGB (1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)(1)" by now, incrementing every few days....

- The mouse is "unavailable" with a red /!\ sign under it and blinks white when powerred up in 2.4Gmode

- The mouse is unable to connect to BT......

Worked fin 2 month ago..... then started decaying....

WTF CORSAIR !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

i contacted customer service, and they told me to go back to previous version, 2 steps back. but, expect removing aaaaaallllllll my profiles, it changed NOTHING ! even standalone, i can't connet the mouse to any BT device, nor via 2.4G, and is still loosing her mind several times an HOUR in USB !!!!

80€ for a rainbow rgb door wegde..... going back to my good old trusty 12 Y-O LOGITECH G500............ and contuing to harass corsair customer service !

:mad:

PS : HOooo, and i can't even connect to my laptop, which is soooo lame BT3.0.... and the mouse needs 4.0 minimum.... FOR A FREAKIN MOUSE !!!!!!!!!!

PS2 : you can't actually use it as a regular mouse on any random system BECAUSE YOU NEED TO INSTALL FREAKIN 300MB ICUE ONT THE GIVEN RANDOM PC !!!

F*ù$***^*$^*ù*$^ù*CK IT !!!!

sorry, i'm really pissed off by such a manufacturer behaviours .....

Update Nr3 :

I just installed ICUE on my old laptop, icue is usung more than 25% cpu usage since half an hour....

i managed to force the dongle and mouse update : Now the mouse is working in wireless, in HW mode again... but is already named "Ironclaw (1)(1)(1)(1)" sooooo A BRAND NEW ICUE install, has detected ans installer allready 5 TIMES ! and as you cannot rename peripherals..... pffffff what a crappy design !!!

Hey Whiney Nutz, you can rename the device in iCUE to get rid of the (1)'s

Getting the same issue.

iCUE 3.24.52

Dongle 1.11.52

Mouse 1.14.102

So... can anyone confirm what they did to resolve the issue?

As far as I know, no one has yet fixed the mouse unless it was RMA-ed.

However, there is a person claiming to have a fix, but no one has confirmed that nor has anyone tried (other then him) as far as I know.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=1030822&postcount=55

Also having this problem for the past month.

Basically an RMA is worthless for this seeing as I just received a brand new mouse from corsair due to and RMA for a broken scroll wheel after this post already had ppl complaining about the problem.

I really hope this gets fixed soon because there is really no excuse for a problem as bad as this effecting as many ppl as it is to still be happening. Come on Corsair do better please. I really love the mouse but this problem is really irritating to say the least. There is nothing like being right in the middle of a huge fight hitting 4th mouse button *melee* for me and switching weapons instead. cant count how many times this has cause problems.