Corsair Community

Brand new CX650 clicking noise [video]

jm_bmw

Hello everyone,

PSU has two months only, tried another wall outlet (directly on it) 110v and 220v happens on both, tried another power strip, same thing.

It also double click right before shutting down, showed in the video.

It is not loud but definitely annoying. It comes and goes and sometimes slows down. I thought it was the fan hitting the plastic cover inside but doesn't seem likely due the two rapid clicks during shut down.

[ame]https://youtu.be/gWdj1ENrRIU[/ame]

Should I worry about it? RMA?

• Corsair Employee

I can't tell in the video what clicking you're talking about.

Is it a click or a buzz?

BTW: A click at start up and shut down is normal as it is an inrush current limited relay. But that shouldn't click while the PC is up and running.

What's the lot code of your PSU (first eight digits of S/N). You don't have to pull your PSU out for that. It's on the box too.

I can't tell in the video what clicking you're talking about.

Is it a click or a buzz?

BTW: A click at start up and shut down is normal as it is an inrush current limited relay. But that shouldn't click while the PC is up and running.

What's the lot code of your PSU (first eight digits of S/N). You don't have to pull your PSU out for that. It's on the box too.

You gotta turn vol close to max and you will hear it, sounds like a click/clock ticking, something hitting against it in a constant phase, like "toc toc toc" definitely not a buzz or coil whine.

Here is the first eight digits of the SN: 19454858

Edited by jm_bmw