Corsair Community

I have 4x LL120, they all spin, but only 3 lights up.

MMakoto

I'm using the commander pro and RGB hub, powered by SATA cables. At first I thought the cable to the RGB hub is bad, and I have switched the cables around, but still only 3 lights up. I've checked iCue and that 4th fan not lighting up seems to be spinning slower than the other 3, around 700-800 rpm. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Have you tried the fan that is not operating in slot one of the RGB hub to see if it will properly light up? Could be an issue with the hub but from what it sounds like could be a fan issue.

I have switched the slots up, putting the cable from #4 to 1, and the 4th fan lights up, but now fan #1 which is on slot 4 won't light up. So it looks like slot #4 on the RGB hub is defective? Strangely though, I have another RGB hub and it is the same that I've tried each slot, slot #4 is not working. So this 2nd hub is also defective?

Have you tried the fan that is not operating in slot one of the RGB hub to see if it will properly light up? Could be an issue with the hub but from what it sounds like could be a fan issue.

I've figured out what's going on. On the iCue app, it was only showing 3 fans connected, I click on the drop down and select 4 fans, and now it's working as it should. Not sure why iCue didn't automatically show the 4th fan.

I've figured out what's going on. On the iCue app, it was only showing 3 fans connected, I click on the drop down and select 4 fans, and now it's working as it should. Not sure why iCue didn't automatically show the 4th fan.

iCue has no way of knowing how many fans are connected; you need to tell it.

Archived