Corsair Community

iCUE software is awful - i'll just keep trying i guess

hawkhandler

Hello,

I'm on my second keyboard now. The first was a K95 and after going through tech support they decided that the issue was the keyboard and gave me an RMA. However it was less than 15 days since i purchased so I took it back to Best Buy and exchanged for the K70, mostly because I wanted the low profile keys and didn't really need what the K95 had. I took it home fully expecting to have the same issue and low and behold there it was again. So clearly it wasn't the keyboard it's the software. Man this is frustrating that the tech support can't even accurately diagnose the issues.

So the issue is that after some period of time, could be 30 mins or 2 hours, of using the keyboard the lighting freezes. It will not switch between profiles and all animations stop. the keymapping is also stuck on whatever profile it froze on. The only solution is killing the software and unplugging and replugging the mouse back in. What makes this especially weird is that i also bought a Scimitar mouse at the same time and it does NOT experience this issue. When the keyboard freezes I can switch the profile and the mouse acts as expected. Given that this has happened with two keyboards now I do not believe it is the hardware and rather the iCUE software.

Is it possible taht I'm the only person that has experienced this? There are a lot of problems on the forums with no solutions offered ie., not a useful forum. I'm personally out of ideas so I figured I'd post this because why not. However i just expect this is something that i will have to live with and cross my fingers that some future software update will fix it.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Hello,

I'm on my second keyboard now. The first was a K95 and after going through tech support they decided that the issue was the keyboard and gave me an RMA. However it was less than 15 days since i purchased so I took it back to Best Buy and exchanged for the K70, mostly because I wanted the low profile keys and didn't really need what the K95 had. I took it home fully expecting to have the same issue and low and behold there it was again. So clearly it wasn't the keyboard it's the software. Man this is frustrating that the tech support can't even accurately diagnose the issues.

So the issue is that after some period of time, could be 30 mins or 2 hours, of using the keyboard the lighting freezes. It will not switch between profiles and all animations stop. the keymapping is also stuck on whatever profile it froze on. The only solution is killing the software and unplugging and replugging the mouse back in. What makes this especially weird is that i also bought a Scimitar mouse at the same time and it does NOT experience this issue. When the keyboard freezes I can switch the profile and the mouse acts as expected. Given that this has happened with two keyboards now I do not believe it is the hardware and rather the iCUE software.

Is it possible taht I'm the only person that has experienced this? There are a lot of problems on the forums with no solutions offered ie., not a useful forum. I'm personally out of ideas so I figured I'd post this because why not. However i just expect this is something that i will have to live with and cross my fingers that some future software update will fix it.

I am having the same issue running on a Macbook pro using BIG SUR. Its kinda frustrating that the keyboard is so much and cant work.

I have (and have had for months) the same issue. I have an M1 Mac with 11.3 and iCue version 3.38.61. It has happened over the past few versions. I have to kill -9 the running process and restart it. Like you, it will run for 2 mins or 2 hours. I have not been able to ascertain a pattern. it is very frustrating. I would love a resolution.

Maybe I'm missing something but there seems to be a lot of folk having issues with iCue on macOS but running version 3.x, the latest version is 4.11.274

I am running macOS 11.3, Apple Silicon, iCue with K100, Dark Pro SE, MM700 without issue - well, the only issue is that both LS100 and LT100 aren't supported on macOS - yet.

yeah - if you google (at least when I google) icue macos my first hit is https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue-mac. The page links to this old version. I found another thread (I think in the main icue software section) where someone said to search the main corsair website for the latest version. I doubt that any corsair people monitor this, but if they do - the page referenced above should be updated or deleted. I am know running the latest 4.x version, and my previous issues are resolved.

I am attaching 2 images. One shows version 4.11.274 running on my Mac. It is a M1 running 11.3. The other image is the search results from Corsair's own website where the original file was downloaded and subsequently updated.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.e37216302170160a0bd556e2585d5109.jpg

Untitled1.thumb.jpg.1f6898a695eae322260186eab726bf3f.jpg

I asked our teams about this, and there is no iCUE v4.x for macOS on our website. Do you have Windows running on your Mac?

Nope, this is native macOS like Irish_Gent says. The direct link for macOS stills goers to v3.x (there are many posts about this in this forum) To get to version 4.x you have to specifically go to downloads under software (ignoring the big icon for iCue macOS <facepalm> pic attached) and then type in Mac... as in the other attached picture.

You can then download it, v4.9, then upgrade to 4.11 after install... VERY messy!

1612498691_CleanShot2021-05-17at13_48.32@2x.thumb.png.1ad0b4cbc3df4899af717850ce0f2634.png

1886809485_CleanShot2021-05-17at13_53.45@2x.thumb.png.ecbb8452c4c692eb9497af9bd9e7c7f7.png

Edited by Vodder
Add macOS icon

• 1 month later...
Nope, this is native macOS like Irish_Gent says. The direct link for macOS stills goers to v3.x (there are many posts about this in this forum) To get to version 4.x you have to specifically go to downloads under software (ignoring the big icon for iCue macOS <facepalm> pic attached) and then type in Mac... as in the other attached picture.

You can then download it, v4.9, then upgrade to 4.11 after install... VERY messy!

I'm afraid that as of today (June 24th, 2021) there is nothing more recent than 3.38.61. I'm attaching a snapshot of what I see after searching for Mac as suggested:

892350681_ScreenshotofCorsairDownloadpage2021-06-24at18_08_52.thumb.png.abfbc8c1b0595fa418c99e10e44f3cc4.png

Needless to say, v3.X will not work under macOS Big Sur... it refuses to install.

I know it's bad manners to answer myself... but I did manage to download iCUE 4.12.214, which works flawlessly under macOS Big Sur.

For your information, here is the link: https://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUE-4.12.214-release.dmg

To figure this out, what I did was to take a look at the exact version number used by @Irish_Gent. Then it was just a question of figuring out the actual download links. These are relatively easy to figure out, by clicking on the download link for one of the 'old' versions, copying it, and changing the version number manually (that's why I needed to have a valid version number — it would be sheer insanity to try numbers in sequence in the hope of figuring out one that works) to what @Irish_Gent had on his screenshot.

This downloads a fully functional 4.9 version — which will work perfectly under macOS Big Sur — and then it's just a question of auto-upgrading. At the time of writing, the update was to 4.12.214 — which can be directly downloaded as well, of course.

I wonder what Corsair has against version 4.X for the Mac. Perhaps it has some hidden security flaws or bugs or something worse... who knows? My point is that version 3.X simply does not install under macOS Big Sur, and no, I don't wish to downgrade macOS (assuming it would be possible) just to install a version of iCUE to be able to change RGB colours on the headset...

• Like 1

By sheer chance, I found out that Homebrew now includes a cask for iCUE!

If you have Homebrew installed, just do a

brew install corsair-icue

And that's just it — you'll get the latest version.

Disclaimer: while the Homebrew crowd is rather good at doing their job to keep everything up-to-date and free of all sorts of malware, this is by no means an official channel for distributing Corsair software! As always, be wary of installing anything that didn't come directly from Corsair's own servers.