Corsair Community

White LED isn't WHITE. Help please.

Bruno Louiz

Guys,

Just got my new K70 RGB. At first, I sat all keys white but on the backgrounds I can see GRREN and RED led as below. Every picture, through the phone screen I can see all keys with WHITE, but when I look deep at the keyboard NOT THROUGH THE PHONE, my eyes are betrayed and all I see is a mix between green;blue;grey;whatever. My eys got confused what I really looking. Definetely not only White Led.

Please help.

See this pics detailed leds green and red coming through the background.

http://i.imgur.com/mWW8yW8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WQjbl9a.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WQjbl9a.jpg

That's the reflection from the leds when it is all white and everything is "on", you'll see it if you look at the keys directly from above like in your photos. There is no way to make it go away as far as I know, I do have the same on my K70 RGB.

When you look at the keyboard from a normal usage position it is much less noticeable, or also when the color you're using doesn't require all 3 RGB colors.

EDIT: Henry beat me again while I had the page open >.<

This is normal for RGB LED. In order to replicate white, all three colors have to illuminate

That's the reflection from the leds when it is all white and everything is "on", you'll see it if you look at the keys directly from above like in your photos. There is no way to make it go away as far as I know, I do have the same on my K70 RGB.

When you look at the keyboard from a normal usage position it is much less noticeable, or also when the color you're using doesn't require all 3 RGB colors.

EDIT: Henry beat me again while I had the page open >.<

sad to read this. I took another pic from another view. nbow my keyas are all ORANGE. and look what I have.

Im sorry bothering you guys, but really? is this for my entire life? :(:

http://i.imgur.com/5wEi1jP.jpg

I think you are talking about the red, green, and blue light that spills from the lens. The lens will scatter the light like that. RGB leds are really four LEDs each, not just one. To get white light, red, green, and blue all have to light up on their own. Because there are three separate LEDs, you will be able to see them individually from different angles. This is true of almost any RGB LED I have worked with (most notably with the white color)

The RGB LEDs that produce the best white include a fourth LED (a white one) and are referred to as RGBW leds. More expensive, requires more power, and would also require more data to be sent to the board.

As Corsair Henry said, this is the nature of all RGB LEDs as of today.

I think you are talking about the red, green, and blue light that spills from the lens. The lens will scatter the light like that. RGB leds are really four LEDs each, not just one. To get white light, red, green, and blue all have to light up on their own. Because there are three separate LEDs, you will be able to see them individually from different angles. This is true of almost any RGB LED I have worked with (most notably with the white color)

The RGB LEDs that produce the best white include a fourth LED (a white one) and are referred to as RGBW leds. More expensive, requires more power, and would also require more data to be sent to the board.

As Corsair Henry said, this is the nature of all RGB LEDs as of today.

Yes, I was talking about this too. Spills. Not to mention again, I have noticed there is no "white" led, since they are all working together. The effects is a mix with the spilling leds, creating under the cap colors like grey/blue/green at the same time.

Yes I know, there are 3 led working. I was aware of that, but I never thought they were up to mix or the spilling thing. There is no white effect at all. You can notice only above the key cap the numbers or letters a true white.

I really appreciated your help. I had a CM Storm Trigger Z Brown White Led and maybe that is why I was confused about a true WHITE. I changed to ORANGE, and now all the keys are beautiful. Assigned only white color for MOBA layout.

Thank you all guys. Even though is a hell of a keyboard. Even with US layout (I'm brazilian). This is totally what I was looking for.

Again, you all have my gratitude.

Archived