Corsair Community

iCUE (MacOS) Now Available as Open Beta!

Corsair James

Just recently purchased a scimitar, and it is not working with the beta. I have reinstalled the beta twice in hopes it was maybe a smaller issue, but the device is not register within the iCUE. Is there a need to install drivers, or is something messing up on my end?

I personally haven't installed any drivers. I just installed the iCue software and the keyboard, headset are automatically recognized. The mouse is not recognized but it seems to to working correctly.

I personally haven't installed any drivers. I just installed the iCue software and the keyboard, headset are automatically recognized. The mouse is not recognized but it seems to to working correctly.

My mouse works as a normal mouse, but I am unable to assign the buttons to specific keys.

Hello,

I’m a JavaScript developer, I always used Logitech (5 keyboards), Genius (1) or Apple (4) keyboards, today I’ve ordered K70 LUX RGB keyboard for myself. This will be my first Corsair keyboard.

My workstation is a Mac laptop, mid 2015 MacBook Pro, but I also have a Windows Intel workstation with nvidia’s GeForce 1080 TI. I will be using this keyboard for both development and personal computer use on both machines.

I am so happy to hear that Mac’s are supported with the iCue software. Thank you Corsair. That’s the only reason I’ve registered today on this board, just to say thank you .

I'm having issues with my K95 RGB Platinum on 2015 MacBook Pro. After I got software updated with Windows machine I set everything up on Mac and now almost every time it goes to sleep the lighting will be solid white aka "static color" (screenshot of lighting setup coming) and "gradient" lighting effects won't work anymore without force closing iCUE and reopening. Just quitting will crash iCUE. All the hotkeys or stuff that I've changed still works after Mac goes to sleep. All the crashes and freezes and stuff started after my keyboard got updated (I've been using Dark Core mouse for months now). iCUE is latest 3.12.118 and K95 software is 3.21.7168 and for both it says it's the latest.

7qmahPJ

Edited by Mondrayy

Heads up, I updated to 3.13.19 (I think, I had to uninstall so IDK) and both QuickTime and VLC would crash on launch. QuickTime would specifically state that it crashed unexpectedly while using the CorsairAudio plug-in. I would not even have my Void Pro selected as my audio output, nor would iCue be running and this issue occurred. I reset NVRAM and safe booted and the issue persisted. As soon as I uninstalled and restarted Quick Time and VLC worked again.

All the hotkeys or stuff that I've changed still works after Mac goes to sleep.

Now I can say with confidence that this also happens when Mac doesn't even go to sleep but just after some time lighting effects crash/freeze but hotkeys still continue working without issues. Crash/freeze usually happens when iCUE changes profiles due to having different lighting effects tied to different programs.

Hi! I really appreciate the work you guys are doing. Hope you can continue to develop this. I have a Corsair K63 wired and ive been loving it, which i believe is not supported as of now. Is there any plans in the future to support this keyboard? If not, what is the reason? If yes, is there any estimated time? Thanks!

Hello! I just wanted to thank you so much for making this available to Mac users. I bought a K70 silver a few days ago, then installed the DMG provided, and connected the keyboard. Everything worked flawlessly with the exception of a few keys/features that have been noted in this forum already.

One thing I did to improve the K70 keyboard's usability was to create macros for Home, End, PgUp and PgDn, associated with CMD+left, right, up and down, respectively.

I hope Corsair promotes this more since Mac users have very few mechanical keyboard options, and the K70 silver looks amazing with a Mac.

Look forward to new updates and thanks again!

Home, End, PgUp and PgDn, associated with CMD+left, right, up and down, respectively.

It's sad that the remaping feature is so flawed that you had to create macros for such simple tasks. Corsair should make the protocols for their keyboards and mice available to the community so we can create opensource drivers that fully work.

Edited by davidbdeath

Hi! I really appreciate the work you guys are doing. Hope you can continue to develop this. I have a Corsair K63 wired and ive been loving it, which i believe is not supported as of now. Is there any plans in the future to support this keyboard? If not, what is the reason? If yes, is there any estimated time? Thanks!

I believe they are planning to add support for all devices. Some devices may need a firmware update.

First of all would very much like to thank Corsair for getting this to OSX! This is pretty cool to see what is generally regarded as a supplier to the hobbyist Windows/DIY market open itself up and test the waters for OSX support.

There are some very decent Mac-specific mechanical keyboards, but I haven't found something with broad support, RGB, profiles easily available, Cherry MX

I'm running a 20189 13" MBP, clamshell mode, 2 4k displays attached, and a hub with ethernet, and both usb cables from the Corsair K70 RGB MK2 Rapid-fire on OSX 10.14.4beta.

Keyboard worked out of the box (keys + light pattern).

OSX asked to press the key to the right of the left side shift key and gave me the option to choose ISO/ANSI/etc.

iCUE installed without issues.

Updated to 3.13.94 without issues, keyboard firmware updated firmware to 3.24 as well. So definitely would say it works pretty damn good out of the box.

Volume rocker works as well, as does mute.

I haven't played with it much. But was able to open a *.cuefolder profile set I downloaded.

It's my 1st non-apple-specific made keyboard, so it took me some time to find the cmd key is the windows key (pretty obvious of course...)

Caps lock works and lights up the indicator light.

USB port works as expected.

System shows no signs of stress when the app is running. It's idling at 4% CPU, no memory leaks or other signs of issues.

What doesn't work for me at the moment/what isn't clear to me (or I may very well be doing something wrong or not understanding something):

1) Num lock (not that I care, since it's a full size desktop keyboard)

2) What print screen, scroll lock and pause/break do. They do something when using certain profiles, but I haven't studies up on using iCUE in general yet.

3) Media keys are a bit hit and miss depending on the app

- In Safari play/pause works for stuff like youtube.

- In Spotify play/pause works, as do previous and next.

- In VLC sometimes prev./next works when you have a playlist loaded, sometimes it doesn't. Play/pause works

- In iTunes same behaviour as in Spotify

At first I was looking for things I am so used to due to 20+ years of using Macs almost exclusively (functions keys not being active by default, but have standard OSX behaviour like volume, brightness, etc.).

But most of these things are covered by other keys such as the media buttons, volume rocker, etc.

I'm not sure what more to say really. For a beta, on my particular system, it works great! I have plenty of less stable software than iCUE on my system, some which I have paid for.

I do feel like, as a complete newbie to this, it seems to have a bit of a steep learning curve. I never imagined I would need to take some time to setup my keyboard lighting.

The software isn't super intuitive though very capable.

Simple stuff like saving a software profile as a hardware profile are almost impossible to figure out. Would love to know how to do this.

nsx4236

I used my k75 for a year or two without any driver/iCUE and the media keys worked fine. The only thing iCUE enabled was the caps lock indicator.

Number Lock is not needed in Mac OS and it functions as the clear button when using the calculator and similar apps.

Print Screen, Scroll Lock and Pause Break are not keys Mac OS uses. Instead they output, Print Screen F13, Scroll Lock F14, and Pause Break F15.

If you want brightness controls to be mapped to keys, you'll have to use the open source CKB-Next instead of iCUE or use bettertouch tool. Since iCUE in Mac OS disables features I regularly use and blocks hardware profiles from outputting the commands i can't use it.

Looked through this thread but didn't see this issue, I am trying to install the software on 10.13.6 but I get to 90% and it fails to install. I had CKB installed but removed it. Anyone have this issue as well or know how to fix it? Thanks

Looked through this thread but didn't see this issue, I am trying to install the software on 10.13.6 but I get to 90% and it fails to install. I had CKB installed but removed it. Anyone have this issue as well or know how to fix it? Thanks

I think you need to remove all files related to CKB, someone had a similiar issue, see POST ID # = 989176 and also POST ID # = 992988

Edited by BlackScorpion

I think you need to remove all files related to CKB, someone had a similiar issue, see POST ID # = 989176 and also POST ID # = 992988

I looked back through those posts and double check that I removed everything related to CKB. Restarted my computer but still getting an error while trying to install iCue looked through my Console and this is an excerpt of where is says there was an error.

2019-03-11 15:56:35-04 Mac installd[559]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “iCUE.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Volumes/iCUE/iCUE.pkg#cue_inst.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.corsair.cue.3, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “iCUE.pkg”.} {

NSFilePath = "./postinstall";

NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201ciCUE.pkg\U201d.";

NSURL = "file://localhost/Volumes/iCUE/iCUE.pkg#cue_inst.pkg";

PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.corsair.cue.3";

}

2019-03-11 15:56:35-04 Mac installd[559]: PackageKit: Running idle tasks

2019-03-11 15:56:35-04 Mac Installer[547]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “iCUE.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Volumes/iCUE/iCUE.pkg#cue_inst.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.corsair.cue.3, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “iCUE.pkg”.}

2019-03-11 15:56:35-04 Mac installd[559]: PackageKit: Removing client PKInstallDaemonClient pid=547, uid=501 (/System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Installer)

2019-03-11 15:56:35-04 Mac installd[559]: PackageKit: Done with sandbox removals

2019-03-11 15:56:36-04 Mac Installer[547]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

2019-03-11 15:56:36-04 Mac Installer[547]: IFDInstallController C860 state = 8

2019-03-11 15:56:36-04 Mac Installer[547]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.

2019-03-11 15:56:36-04 Mac Installer[547]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

I had issues running both as well.

I decided to give CKB a try. It worked, even without installing iCue.

However using iCue without completely uninstalling CKB rendered a "No devices connected".

I used the following commands to make sure I deleted everything of importance by CKB.

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/ckb-next-daemon.plist
sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist
sudo rm -f /Library/LaunchDaemons/ckb-next-daemon.plist
sudo rm -f /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ckb.daemon.plist
sudo reboot -r now

Hope it helps

I looked back through those posts and double check that I removed everything related to CKB. Restarted my computer but still getting an error while trying to install iCue looked through my Console and this is an excerpt of where is says there was an error.

2019-03-11 15:56:35-04 Mac installd[559]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “iCUE.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Volumes/iCUE/iCUE.pkg#cue_inst.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.corsair.cue.3, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “iCUE.pkg”.} {

NSFilePath = "./postinstall";

NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201ciCUE.pkg\U201d.";

NSURL = "file://localhost/Volumes/iCUE/iCUE.pkg#cue_inst.pkg";

PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.corsair.cue.3";

}

2019-03-11 15:56:35-04 Mac installd[559]: PackageKit: Running idle tasks

2019-03-11 15:56:35-04 Mac Installer[547]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “iCUE.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Volumes/iCUE/iCUE.pkg#cue_inst.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.corsair.cue.3, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “iCUE.pkg”.}

2019-03-11 15:56:35-04 Mac installd[559]: PackageKit: Removing client PKInstallDaemonClient pid=547, uid=501 (/System/Library/CoreServices/Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Installer)

2019-03-11 15:56:35-04 Mac installd[559]: PackageKit: Done with sandbox removals

2019-03-11 15:56:36-04 Mac Installer[547]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

2019-03-11 15:56:36-04 Mac Installer[547]: IFDInstallController C860 state = 8

2019-03-11 15:56:36-04 Mac Installer[547]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.

2019-03-11 15:56:36-04 Mac Installer[547]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

Posted at the same time apparently.

I've gotten this before. Are you sure iCue was fully uninstalled previously?

You ran the iCue uninstaller?

Have you downloaded the installer again?

Could be a botched download if it fails during installation.

I'm having issues myself.

CorsairAudio plugin crashes VLC, Quicktime, etc.

Process:               QuickTime Player [32077]
Path:                  /Applications/QuickTime Player.app/Contents/MacOS/QuickTime Player
Identifier:            com.apple.QuickTimePlayerX
Version:               10.5 (935.3)
Build Info:            QuickTimePlayerX-935003000000000~84
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ??? [32067]
Responsible:           QuickTime Player [32077]
User ID:               501

PlugIn Path:             /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/CorsairAudio.plugin/Contents/MacOS/CorsairAudio
PlugIn Identifier:       com.corsair.CorsairAudio
PlugIn Version:          1.0.36 (1.0.36)

Date/Time:             2019-03-11 22:39:05.538 +0100
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.14.4 (18E205e)
Report Version:        12
Bridge OS Version:     3.4 (16P54106c)
Anonymous UUID:        D3F9E3DF-7724-6681-37A3-74D15465B833

Strange ...

I deleted the plugin for now, which fixed it.

Don't know if I need it when using just a keyboard by corsair but it shouldn't happen.

Just wanted to say thank you for coming out with icue for Mac lighting effects and everything work great but I’m struggle to change my dark core mouse button actions so I can create custom profiles was wondering if anyone knew how to change them I’m running on a new MacBook Pro basically trying to change the forward backward buttons to numerical buttons on my Mac