Corsair Community

H115 RGB Platinum problem ?

SkayRexX

Hello,

I see from some days than my H115 turn always to ⁓1000 RPM and he is (when i'm not playing) to 36℃ (96,8℉). It was always like that....

The problem is than when i'm in a game, it's going to 43℃ (109,4℉) and going to ⁓2000 RPM.... I watch my CPU and he still to 50℃ (122℉).

Maybe I'm worried about nothing but i would to be sure.

I don't know if you understand me because i'm bad for english explication but i hope so. I can give you more informations if you need.

Thanks you.

Best regards,

SkayRexX

The fan is going to 2000+ RPM because the coolant temperature is over 40C.

What's your ambient/room temperature? Where is the cooler installed in the case? Are the fans configured as intake (pulling air in from the outside to go through the radiator) or as exhaust (blowing internal case air through the radiator)?

The fan is going to 2000+ RPM because the coolant temperature is over 40C.

What's your ambient/room temperature? Where is the cooler installed in the case? Are the fans configured as intake (pulling air in from the outside to go through the radiator) or as exhaust (blowing internal case air through the radiator)?

1. I don't have an exactly number of my room temperature but I think I'm between 25℃ and 30℃. My PC have a small place in my gaming deck (https://imgur.com/lnaMsYF), so it's maybe too close for ? If it's that, I don't have an other place for it...

2. My cooler is installed to the front of the PC. (I can send you a picture when I come back to home because I'm to work office now)

3. The fans are configured as intake.

Edited by SkayRexX

If you feel comfortable with your temperatures but not how loud your fans are, try creating a performance curve for them with a higher temperature threshold for RPM. Once the coolant hits around 30, your fans will ramp up, so have them follow a different curve. There should be a little "+" sign next to where it says Performance.

If you feel comfortable with your temperatures but not how loud your fans are, try creating a performance curve for them with a higher temperature threshold for RPM. Once the coolant hits around 30, your fans will ramp up, so have them follow a different curve. There should be a little "+" sign next to where it says Performance.

It's not the sound of the fans the problem, because it's quiet, but I think it's not normal than my PC is hot and then I didn't do anything. But yesterday it's been strange because when I turn up my PC the fans were ⁓200 RPM and the temperature of my H115 were to 20℃. It was the first time of my life he did that.

I will keep watching but I wait more answer.

• 2 weeks later...

Corsair does not specify a "fail temperature" for their products, but manufacturers that do usually put it between 50-60C for liquid temperature. However, rather than a material fail point with obvious consequences, this is more of an effective use fail point. Your liquid temp is the baseline or lowest possible CPU temp. If you have a 50C liquid temp, even on a non-overclocked processor you will reach 90C on the CPU any time the voltage is full on. For people that do overclock their CPUs, a +50C coolant to CPU temp differential is pretty common and there is the basis for the 40C=100% fan equation.

Your idle temps seem warm for the room. Most people are +4-6C above the room temp at idle with load temps for CPU only another +6-7C for a 9900K on a 280mm radiator. Your load temps differential (+9) seems about right for a 9900K combined with GPU heat in the case. However, it's the starting the point that is penalizing you. It is possible the case location is contributing. Obviously if all the air around it feels really warm (not the exhaust directly), then you have created a local hot spot. Maybe a small low speed room fan to blow air trapped behind that can't escape or in the front to help move it out of the the small enclosed area. Also, make sure you are not using a dust filter on the front of the case. That is usually too much restriction in combination with the radiator.