Corsair Community

Advanced setup for ICue lighting help

Scotch_75

I just purchased the Corsair AX1600i PSU along with the commander pro and I am trying to get the RGB ML120 PRO fans to work properly. For reference, the RGB lighting on the fans were working on my previous setup with the lightning node PRO and RGB hub. I bought the commander PRO to utilize the 2nd USB port on the commander PRO for the new AX1600i PSU.

I also have the Hydro h150i Pro cooling system (switched out the 3 original fans for the ML120 PRO fans)

3 fans are currently plugged into the AIO H150i and the other 3 are plugged into the motherboard.

I also have 4 corsair RGB strips connected to the LED 2 that are working fine.

Current setup has ML120 Pro fans connected to an RGB hub and the hub is connected to the LED 1 on the commander PRO. The 4 RGB strips are daisy chained and connected to the LED 2. The 2 USB ports of commander PRO are connected to the H150i cooler and the AX1600i PSU.

Right now, only Fan #1 has RGB working fully. Fan #2 and #5 just have one solid white light on. Fans #3, #4 and #6 are not lighting up at all.

I currently have ICUE lighting set up for lighting channel #1 ML PRO RGB Series Fans; 6 Fans are connected. Lighting channel #2 has RGB light Strips; 4 strips are connected. Lighting channel 1 shows all 6 fans and lighting channel 2 shows all 4 RGB strips.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried swapping the fans around? Swap fan 2 with fan 6 ... or fan 1 with fan 6.

The fans operate in series and one bad fan can take out the entire chain. The misbehaving fan may, itself, light up perfectly but not pass the signal down the chain.

Just because the fans work individually in port #1 does not mean that they are fully good. The fan has to light up AND pass signal to the next in line.

Just putting a fan into port 1 doesn't validate that it's passing the signal to the next in line.

Unless ... you are using the stock fans that came with the 570X. If that's the case, they are not ML-RGB fans, they are the original SP-RGB fans. You cannot mix them on the same fan hub. In fact, some of what you describe sounds like that might be the case. I assumed that it's not since you said all ML ... but it's worth throwing out there. Do any of your fans have 3-pin fan power connectors?

All fans ar ML120 Pro RGB. I swapped out the sp fans that came with the case and also swapped out the ml (non RGB) fans that came with the h150i cooler.

I believe you are correct in saying that the fans are not passing along the signal. Odd that they were passing the signal just fine before I installed the commander pro. The only thing I can think of is that when I initially installed the commander pro I accidentally plugged the RGB wires into the Fan headers on the CP. #11 in the basic questions answered in I-Cue thread fits this issue i think "RGB fans will NOT work plugged directly in to the Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro, you MUST use the Corsair RGB Fan LED Hub which then Plugs into a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro" If that would cause the problem please let me know. Thanks again for the help.

Edited by Scotch_75