Corsair Community

LL120 Fans Flickering Issue

eternal8snow

Hello guys, I need some help with this

Ever since the most recent software update on the Lightning Node Pro, all six of my LL120 fans, just suddenly began to flicker/flash. I've always had my lighting effects running on Rainbow Spiral mode and sharp flashes of these colourful lights just all of a sudden began shooting into my eyes and I have no choice but to switch around to other modes.

I think the issue happen whenever the colours change to Green/Blue and maybe Red but when I click [update] on the Settings tab and the software reinstalls, all the lights are fine (for the short period during the installation) and it goes back to the issue again.

I have the fans set to a white now and I suspect it is a software problem.

Can anyone help me resolve this?

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey guys, I'd like to follow-up on this issue again. It's been months after I first wrote about this issue and since then I managed to open up the case and check the nodes and I think it may really be something wrong with it.

When it comes to instant lighting, I have "color-changing" issues when I set the colors to:

- Blue (any shades)

- Green (any shades)

What I mean by this is that while the lights does change to the desired colors, they do not stay consistent and they change to a different shade of Blue/Green to appear lighter, which then goes back to the correct color then jumps back and forth non-stop.

Any help is appreciated.

Hey guys, I'd like to follow-up on this issue again. It's been months after I first wrote about this issue and since then I managed to open up the case and check the nodes and I think it may really be something wrong with it.

When it comes to instant lighting, I have "color-changing" issues when I set the colors to:

- Blue (any shades)

- Green (any shades)

What I mean by this is that while the lights does change to the desired colors, they do not stay consistent and they change to a different shade of Blue/Green to appear lighter, which then goes back to the correct color then jumps back and forth non-stop.

Any help is appreciated.

I am experiencing flickering lights and instant lighting doesn't goto the colour I set, for me it's a faulty RGB Hub which I've currently got an RMA in process and waiting for a replacement to arrive tomorrow. If it's anything like mine then it'll be the hub that's the issue, but that's not ruling out the fans faulting. I diagnosed it by unplugging the fans from the hub and testing each one individually in port 1. Here's a vid of what mine looks like when using any profile.

https://imgur.com/a/T0ejt6O

I am experiencing flickering lights and instant lighting doesn't goto the colour I set, for me it's a faulty RGB Hub which I've currently got an RMA in process and waiting for a replacement to arrive tomorrow. If it's anything like mine then it'll be the hub that's the issue, but that's not ruling out the fans faulting. I diagnosed it by unplugging the fans from the hub and testing each one individually in port 1. Here's a vid of what mine looks like when using any profile.

https://imgur.com/a/T0ejt6O

Hey, thanks for pointing out the direction for me. :biggrin:

The video does show your fan behaving the same way that mine is doing but strangely only that one fan of yours is flickering (unlike mine, which is all 5).

I bought these fans for 2 years already, do you think there's a chance that I could replace the hub by contacting Corsair?