Corsair Community

New Intel Vulnerability

MadHatch

• 2 weeks later...
Unless MSI said this is for your model of CORSAIR ONE, I DO NOT RECOMMEND flashing this BIOS since you'll likely brick your board. The differences between the retail MSI board and the board used in CORSAIR ONE Pro CS-9000011 are significant enough where a BIOS flash will likely fail and risk making the system unusable.

I'll check in with our team again for further updates/clarification. :)

Is their any update/news on this?

• Corsair Employee
Is their any update/news on this?

Sorry for the radio silence on this. I do have an update to provide now, there may be a new BIOS to share in the next few weeks containing the more recent microcode fixes to address Intel vulnerabilities, it's currently being validated internally by our team. The update process works a little differently from newer platforms, so I'll have that to share as well when we're ready.

Thank you so much for your patience!

Sorry for the radio silence on this. I do have an update to provide now, there may be a new BIOS to share in the next few weeks containing the more recent microcode fixes to address Intel vulnerabilities, it's currently being validated internally by our team. The update process works a little differently from newer platforms, so I'll have that to share as well when we're ready.

Thank you, I am very grateful that you have continued to look into this.

• 4 weeks later...

Soz to bump the thread, but is their any news?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Thanks again for your patience. We were able to validate the new BIOS and have provided an updated installation procedure in a thread I pinned to the Corsair ONE section of the forum, links to download new BIOS are found in that thread as well.

Note: Instructions and BIOS files are provided only for the Z270 versions of CORSAIR ONE.

Link to thread.

Edited by Corsair CJ
Clarification.

Just a note about the upgrade process:

On my Corsair ONE the screen remained blank after it booted from the USB stick the first time. I assumed it flashed the BIOS during this time as it asked my Bitlocker password when it rebooted automatically after a minute or two.

I ran the M-FLASH process afterwards and everything seems to be fine.

Is this a scenario that you came across? Could it be because my Corsair ONE is connected to a 4K monitor through a DisplayPort? Did the first flash actually go through, is there a way to check that?

My system information says it's running 4C3.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I know I'm late to the BIOS update game but the link to the download is expired, and the BIOS is nowhere to be found in corsair.com as well. Does anyone have the BIOS handy and can provide me one?

Edit: I’ve gone through customer service and they managed to find a link

https://help.corsair.com/attachments/token/5oyCAxLMAiHynOQQgPdAU0jl8/?name=E7A66IZ1.4C3

Edited by darkskyex