Corsair Community

Watercooling & Accurate Temp Readings?

Jeremy1998

Okay... I plan on doing a complete watercooling loop in one (or multiple) of my rigs. Part of the problem there is that I have not got enough time, or even the ability to monitor my rigs 24/7.

So, I need to automate it some how. I have the corsair link, and I think it's a great start. But I need more... I want to have temp probes in the watercooling line. However, corsair doesn't make any such thing. So, I would be using some other brand. However, considering that they are just 2 pin temp sensors, could they be used with the link?

Also, how far off are we from seeing more accurate temp monitoring? The actual CPU measurement gets as low as 25c, and only peaks at 45c. My ambient is 25c, so that's not possible... And under a full load, it hits 60c. As for the H100, that also doesn't show temps accurately. Also, the H100 couldn't be used in my custom loop either.

Do you mean placing a temperature probe inside the reservoir?

Not sure how it will work, But if you do choose to buy 3rd party temperature sensors, Note that it may or may not work with Link.

The only sensors that work and is tested by Corsair is the one they make.

Do you mean placing a temperature probe inside the reservoir?

Not sure how it will work, But if you do choose to buy 3rd party temperature sensors, Note that it may or may not work with Link.

The only sensors that work and is tested by Corsair is the one they make.

No, I mean these:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13163/ex-tub-891/Phobya_G14_Inline_Temp_Sensor_Coupler_-_2-Pin_71170.html?tl=g30c101s457#blank

It's a temp sensor that you put into the tubing route. I think Corsair either needs to support those temp sensors, or manufacture their own.

On a separate note, are these Corsair Dominator GT waterblocks I'm seeing on FrozenCPU legit?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16589/ex-blc-1171/Corsair_Dominator_Aluminum_Water_Block_-_Black_CWCH35.html?tl=g30

Okay... I plan on doing a complete watercooling loop in one (or multiple) of my rigs. Part of the problem there is that I have not got enough time, or even the ability to monitor my rigs 24/7.

So, I need to automate it some how. I have the corsair link, and I think it's a great start. But I need more... I want to have temp probes in the watercooling line. However, corsair doesn't make any such thing. So, I would be using some other brand. However, considering that they are just 2 pin temp sensors, could they be used with the link?

Also, how far off are we from seeing more accurate temp monitoring? The actual CPU measurement gets as low as 25c, and only peaks at 45c. My ambient is 25c, so that's not possible... And under a full load, it hits 60c. As for the H100, that also doesn't show temps accurately. Also, the H100 couldn't be used in my custom loop either.

if you want real monitoring look at aquacomputer products. Im about to dump my link and h100 for real watercooling and monitoring... xscp makes a great started kit...

The Dominator GT Waterblocks are legit.

They look like the H30s or Ice Series T30.

I mean are they like licensed Corsair products, or did some company just throw a corsair logo on there?

if you want real monitoring look at aquacomputer products. Im about to dump my link and h100 for real watercooling and monitoring... xscp makes a great started kit...

The unfortunate thing is that I went with the Corsair Link for it's compatibility with monitoring my ram, and also the AX1200i eventually. Also, I needed it to fit in a 3.5" bay. All of my 5.25" bays are used. And I just bough my link 2 days ago.

at the price their asking,will it also do back rubs :D:

No, I mean these:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13163/ex-tub-891/Phobya_G14_Inline_Temp_Sensor_Coupler_-_2-Pin_71170.html?tl=g30c101s457#blank

It's a temp sensor that you put into the tubing route. I think Corsair either needs to support those temp sensors, or manufacture their own.

I made a thread a few months ago that would helpfully answer your questions. At the moment its not being used as I have to RMA it but other than that here is my link from that time to help explain. :P Hope this helps.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=105414

P.S. - I might be taking a picture of my system setup finally, only if the picture quality is up to par once I get my external card reader.

for those of us that are brain dead, what does xscp mentioned in xaviergzz's post (xscp makes a great started kit... ) I'd like to check out that kit! thanks for a translation

Roger

its another company that makes monitor/controller for computers but theres questions whether their still available

for the price i would think not,least not for me.

their near the price of another computer for the setup and still theres quality questions like with most high end products.

its also only for 32 bit systems which makes it rather antiquated

for those of us that are brain dead, what does xscp mentioned in xaviergzz's post (xscp makes a great started kit... ) I'd like to check out that kit! thanks for a translation

Roger

XS-PC is a company that makes water cooling products. They make radiators, blocks, pumps, and fans. basically all you need for custom watercooling. check out thier website

The kits that I was refering to, are the D5 series. http://www.xs-pc.com/products/watercooling-kits/d5-kits/

I got the RayStorm D5 RX360 WaterCooling Kit, and it is awsome. right now i am running it a i7-3770k overclocked to 4.8Ghz and my temps are at 68c under load!

Now they dont make any monitoring stuff. for that bing aquacomputer. they make all kinds of monitor and controls hardware, inline temp probes, flow meters, fan controls and automation hardware. I consider this to make the best monitoring software for PC's.

This can get expensive, the kit from xs-pc i got for 299.00. the other stuff from aquacomputer can run even more. I have seen a pump from them that goes for around 300. just the pump!! a waterblock for your CPU for 300.00!!! The cold palte is made of .925 solid silver!!! You can really get carried away with that stuff!!!

This is not for your average computer user;):

pm me if you have any more questions

XS-PC is a company that makes water cooling products. They make radiators, blocks, pumps, and fans. basically all you need for custom watercooling. check out thier website

The kits that I was refering to, are the D5 series. http://www.xs-pc.com/products/watercooling-kits/d5-kits/

I got the RayStorm D5 RX360 WaterCooling Kit, and it is awsome. right now i am running it a i7-3770k overclocked to 4.8Ghz and my temps are at 68c under load!

Now they dont make any monitoring stuff. for that bing aquacomputer. they make all kinds of monitor and controls hardware, inline temp probes, flow meters, fan controls and automation hardware. I consider this to make the best monitoring software for PC's.

This can get expensive, the kit from xs-pc i got for 299.00. the other stuff from aquacomputer can run even more. I have seen a pump from them that goes for around 300. just the pump!! a waterblock for your CPU for 300.00!!! The cold palte is made of .925 solid silver!!! You can really get carried away with that stuff!!!

This is not for your average computer user;):

pm me if you have any more questions

Once you go custom liquid cooling you can't go back. I don't think I'll ever go back again lol. Yes it can get VERY expensive and you WILL get carried away lawl. I spent around $1500 just for a new case and H20 parts just to cool my CPU LOL! Not including GPUs in the loop but I will eventually add a GPU to the loop. Thats it!

Once you go custom liquid cooling you can't go back. I don't think I'll ever go back again lol. Yes it can get VERY expensive and you WILL get carried away lawl. I spent around $1500 just for a new case and H20 parts just to cool my CPU LOL! Not including GPUs in the loop but I will eventually add a GPU to the loop. Thats it!

Geez, batman! $1500 on a case and watercooling... I thought you had like a caselabs case or something, but I see your specs. So, a $300 case... Leaving $1200 on watercooling components. Now I am terrified to watercool. That's over half the cost of my current rig.

Archived