Corsair Community

H100i Platinum with AMD B450 / Becomes Unresponsive in iCUE

tjgodin

So, my PCs continue to have the usual USB connect sound upon booting into Windows 10 with the iCUE software however, the most challenging issue of late has been my H100i Platinum locking up and becoming completely unresponsive in iCUE.

This only occurs on my AMD build and not my INTEL systems, so it seems to be AMD board related. I'm running the latest version of iCUE 3.17.94 and I'd actually say it got worse than the previous version, though it freezes in both versions of the iCUE software.

Restarting the iCUE service does nothing to resolve it, only a full system reboot - so not too ideal when the lock-up occurs less than an hour of Windows login.

While I see plenty of comments threads about iCUE issues, I haven't come across anything specific to AMD system builds - thus this post. Given there will be plenty of new AMD builds in July, it would be great to resolve this pesky issue ;)

Tony

Oh ... there are plenty of issues with AMD build but most relate to the CoPro. The problem, as I understand it, relates specifically to the AsMedia USB chipset that's used on the AMD boards - which is why you don't see it one the Intel boards.

Personally, I've not had the issue on my main system (also AMD, x399) as, apparently, one fix for it is to have an internal USB hub in between, which I happen to have already. I do know, however, that there is ongoing R&D on the Corsair side related to this issue.

And ... hopefully the full AMD designed chipset won't have this issue. :)

Oh ... there are plenty of issues with AMD build but most relate to the CoPro. The problem, as I understand it, relates specifically to the AsMedia USB chipset that's used on the AMD boards - which is why you don't see it one the Intel boards.

Personally, I've not had the issue on my main system (also AMD, x399) as, apparently, one fix for it is to have an internal USB hub in between, which I happen to have already. I do know, however, that there is ongoing R&D on the Corsair side related to this issue.

And ... hopefully the full AMD designed chipset won't have this issue. :)

I had the H100i originally connected via USB through the CoPro, but moved it to my NZXT hub. No difference, unfortunately. Hopefully our friends at Corsair can address sooner than later, however, plenty of users continue to feel they've been slow to address - despite their efforts.