The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Hydro X Custom Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2019, 12:47 AM

POST ID # = 1023296
jrwininger Reputation: 10
Default Hydro X XC7 CPU block and Asus x570-I mini-ITX

Will the Hydro X XC7 CPU block fit on the Asus x570-I mini-ITX motherboard?
Old 11-07-2019, 05:02 PM
tiborrr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023330
tiborrr Reputation: 10

No, it wont. The reason the included universal 1151/AM4 backplate is not compatible due to the board having lots of components on the backside of the PCBA. See encircled in red:

...Unless you're willing to modify it by cutting away parts of backplate. Dremmel recommended :)

Old 11-08-2019, 02:58 AM

POST ID # = 1023363

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiborrr View Post
No, it wont. The reason the included universal 1151/AM4 backplate is not compatible due to the board having lots of components on the backside of the PCBA. See encircled in red:

...Unless you're willing to modify it by cutting away parts of backplate. Dremmel recommended :)

Thanks for the response. Looks like I'll have to go with another company's cpu block. :(
Old 11-08-2019, 11:42 AM
streetglider's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023398
streetglider Reputation: 10

could you use the stock backplate and the cpu block hardware ? I mean its wider cuz it will do intel as well so why couldn't the stock one be used since you staying with amd
Old 11-08-2019, 03:17 PM
tiborrr's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023420
tiborrr Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrwininger View Post
Thanks for the response. Looks like I'll have to go with another company's cpu block. :(
There's a quick D.I.Y. solution for you. You can technically use UNC 6/32 screws and use existing backplate on the motherboard. Use the spring + spring washer from the XC7 water block. Like so, see below:

Four UNC 6/32 screw in appropriate length (let's say around 20mm) should be less than one $ USD.

The only thing you need to know is that this kind of kludged mounting system is now old-school approach, where you need to make sure to equally tighten down all four screws, preferably in the cross pattern.

Again, this is D.I.Y. solution
Old 11-09-2019, 11:12 PM

POST ID # = 1023513

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiborrr View Post
There's a quick D.I.Y. solution for you. You can technically use UNC 6/32 screws and use existing backplate on the motherboard. Use the spring + spring washer from the XC7 water block. Like so, see below:

Four UNC 6/32 screw in appropriate length (let's say around 20mm) should be less than one $ USD.

The only thing you need to know is that this kind of kludged mounting system is now old-school approach, where you need to make sure to equally tighten down all four screws, preferably in the cross pattern.

Again, this is D.I.Y. solution
Looks like I'll be going the EK route, since they actually support my motherboard with their blocks.