The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2019, 01:07 AM
bolokim's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023297
bolokim Reputation: 10
Default Power not stable

I have an MSI MPG Z390M Gaming Edge Pro mother board connected to EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Super, i7-9700K, Corsair AH100i RGB Platinum CPU Cooler, LL140 Fans, Corsair 64GB RAM, 2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD cards connected to M2. My PSU is the Corsair RMX 850.

I connected to both CPU Power on the mother board as well as using 2 different PCIe to connect to the GPU.

I have repeatedly checked that the cables are secured properly. I have quadruple checked the front panel connections to the mother board. Yet whenever I turn the computer on, it starts for a second before turning off. It starts, the fans kick off and the GPU starts to light up before powering off. It continuously tries to restart every 5 seconds or so but fails each time.

Anybody have an idea what might be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E50B289E-B85A-467C-9CF5-80129B081481_1_105_c.jpeg (227.3 KB, 9 views)

Old 11-07-2019, 12:56 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023314
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Why, specifically, do you think that this is the power supply? Does the system boot with a different PSU?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 11-07-2019, 07:46 PM

POST ID # = 1023345
Tyler3467 Reputation: 10

anyone have any idea how to have the ICUE program to actually open, I just bought a headset,mouse and keyboard and it runs in the taskbar but doesn't pop up on my screen.

Old 11-07-2019, 10:04 PM
bolokim's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023350
bolokim Reputation: 10
Default Powers up sometimes @DevBiker

I think it has something to do with power source because it seems to boot up in my apartment early in the morning. But for some reason, when I come home from work, it doesn't boot. So I doubt it's the PSU. But maybe the PSU is drawing more amps than available during peak hours? Perhaps I'm reaching.

Old 11-08-2019, 09:31 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023388
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolokim View Post
I think it has something to do with power source because it seems to boot up in my apartment early in the morning. But for some reason, when I come home from work, it doesn't boot. So I doubt it's the PSU. But maybe the PSU is drawing more amps than available during peak hours? Perhaps I'm reaching.
Yeah, I think you are reaching. It's more likely something that the BIOS is failing on POST. The question is ... what. You'd need to check your motherboard manual for any kind of diagnostic that would tell you what's going on. Barring that, you have to start removing things until it works. Start with memory - boot with one stick.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 11-09-2019, 09:28 PM
Hardcore Games
Vegan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023509
Vegan Reputation: 10

usually it's the memory that is at fault when POST is slow or resets

Cooler Master HAF 932 chassis with the Corsair HX1000i PSU

Hardcore Games - Legendary of the Only Way to Play

I have been a vegan since 1969. I have experienced more prejudice than anyone could possibly ever imagine.