The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Customer Service > Warranty and RMA Questions

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2019, 04:05 PM

POST ID # = 1022472
M4rw Reputation: 10
Default Question about RMA process for PSU

Hello,

I bought a Corsair RM750 in April 2015 from a Dutch webshop. Unfortunately he PSU started to show defects, and since it is still under warranty, I RMA'd it to the webshop. They notified me that they would send it back to the manufacturer since they can't repair it themselves, and saying that repairs could take up to 4 weeks.

Now my question is, how will the warranty process go? Will Corsair try to repair a defective PSU, or simply replace it with a newer model RM750? I'd like to know because I need my PC for study/work, and if it would take 4 weeks, I would consider getting a temporary cheap PSU or something.
At least I assume that the webshop sent it to a repair depot in the Netherlands, so shipping shouldn't take too long.

Unfortunately I don't have a Corsair RMA code since this process went through the webshop.
Old 10-28-2019, 11:41 AM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Wootaru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022551
Corsair Wootaru Reputation: 17

Hello,

We do not repair the unit, we would be sending you a replacement unit. The turn around time can take up to 4 weeks. We do have an Advance RMA process that could help you out.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:24 AM

POST ID # = 1022606
M4rw Reputation: 10

Thanks for your quick reply! What is an Advance RMA exactly? And could that still be done with the current RMA already in progress?
Old 10-29-2019, 05:34 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Wootaru's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022658
Corsair Wootaru Reputation: 17

Hello,

An Advance RMA option is a process that requires a valid Debit/Credit Card where a replacement charge will be applied for the cost of the product until the returning product(s) are received by Corsair. You will be eligible for a refund as soon as we have confirmed receipt of your defective product. Once your card has been processed your item will be shipped within 1 to 2 business days after your payment has been verified.

If you've already been approved for a standard RMA then we might not be able to process it. If nothing has been started or approved please ask the agent if you can set up an ARMA.