The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software > iCUE SLIPSTREAM Open Beta

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2020, 09:08 PM
PrplHze's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1046678
PrplHze Reputation: 10
Default Slipstream Pros/Cons (FeedBack) {updated 5/28}

Hi Corsair,
Recently installed and paired into 2:1 mode with the Slipstream beta, My 2 devices are Virtuoso SE, and Dark Core Rgb Pro. So far my reaction is positive.

Pros,
No latency issues noticed at all. {Even during *No connection*}
Pairing was easy, followed instructions and it was good to go.

Cons,
ICue software is Freezing the RGB my K95 xt keyboard. Restart Icue, and fixed temporary.
Sleepmode on either device causes a disconnect on Icue, resetting to default "rainbow" mode. This is fixed by unplugging/plugging the dongle. Each device then reconnects. *note* Each device still works in Disconnected state, which leads me to believe its software related.

My user feedback is generally that everything is great when all of it working together nicly, and when its not. Annoying but not a deal breaker. What i normally use my setup for is gaming, and my headset is plugged in via 3.5mm jack to a Soundblasterx G6 Amp/dac. And the wireless portion of the headset is doing my mic audio. Ive learned to set the defualt HW profile (rainbow mode) on my mouse to match my everyday dpi settings. My biggest concern is the RGB that locks up on my k95. Restarting the Icue service doesn't help, but closing the program all together and restarting it does.

Stay safe, be Great, and Sincerely
PrplHze

Last edited by PrplHze; 05-28-2020 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 05-28-2020, 10:09 AM
PrplHze's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1048276
PrplHze Reputation: 10
Default Updated :5/28/2020

Since my last post, everything worked as i explained above. With the 3.28.73 software a new problem came about that made me have to go back to 1:1.

When i would start with a fresh reboot, Wireless mode would work for both devices, if they both was on at the time of boot. But if either device changes states [Sleep, Charging] The Dongle would drop connection to both devices, and begin to cycle on and off, on its own. At that time, the dongle itself would become very warm. To fix this, i had to revert to 1:1 again. First by doing the mouse then, the headset i was able to separate the pairing, but the headset still claims to be Enabled for Multi point, which means it keeps the beta firmware.

2nd Problem- After 1:1 Revert

When my Devices change states {Charging/Sleep} the Icue Software freezes, RGB profile stops on my k95 xt also stops at whatever point it was in the animation untill i close/restart Icue itself.

Suggestion: Provide Firmware for total revert from Multi-point, so users can return to Stable Software Branch.