The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2015, 02:56 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 821161
Inheritance Reputation: 70

They were testing it a while ago and i believe the issue was on discords side. Ill ask both Discord and Corsair to confirm this. in the mean time the VOID headset works fine with the web app as a temp work around.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 11-20-2015, 03:23 PM
Bruhno's PC Specs

POST ID # = 821172
Bruhno Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheren159 View Post
They were testing it a while ago and i believe the issue was on discords side. Ill ask both Discord and Corsair to confirm this. in the mean time the VOID headset works fine with the web app as a temp work around.
Alright thank you. Unfortunately the web version is not going to cut it with the lack of key binds and push to talk so CUE will remain uninstalled until this issue is fixed. Do you by any chance know if this issue is fixed on some of the other VOIP services? Just for the sake of other people here who might not be using Discord.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:43 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team

POST ID # = 821180
Inheritance Reputation: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruhno View Post
Alright thank you. Unfortunately the web version is not going to cut it with the lack of key binds and push to talk so CUE will remain uninstalled until this issue is fixed. Do you by any chance know if this issue is fixed on some of the other VOIP services? Just for the sake of other people here who might not be using Discord.
no clue for the other VOIP programs.
Corsair USER Forums is NOT Corsair Tech Support

Old 11-22-2015, 12:12 PM
Scar89's PC Specs

POST ID # = 821476
Scar89 Reputation: 10

Any update on a fix for this?

I have contacted discord support and they said the following:

Quote:
For this issue may I recommend that you turn off 'Audio Enhancement' under the Windows audio settings and see if this solves the issue! =D
How ever this cannot be done on the void, there is no option in the sound settings.

Old 11-22-2015, 07:36 PM

POST ID # = 821551
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

Right click the speaker icon in the notifications tray and click playback devices. A prompt should appear asking you to disable enhancements for the headset. Clicking ok should solve the Discord issue.

Old 11-22-2015, 10:09 PM
Scar89's PC Specs

POST ID # = 821584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
Right click the speaker icon in the notifications tray and click playback devices. A prompt should appear asking you to disable enhancements for the headset. Clicking ok should solve the Discord issue.
Unfortunately I have only ever seen this prompt come up when CUE is not installed.

Old 11-23-2015, 05:47 AM
MadIce's PC Specs

POST ID # = 821633
MadIce Reputation: 12

About switching devices...

I'm not using any of the software mentioned, but after installing the latest software my default playback device was set to my on-board sound card. That's odd, because I've not changed that. Also, applications were able to take full control of my VOID headset and VOID mic, even though I had disabled that. I also disallowed Windows Voice Recorder to use the mic and that setting changed as well.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:20 AM

POST ID # = 821821

@Scar

Have you tried reinstalling CUE drivers via Device Manager? E.g. uninbstall + delete driver files... then reinstalling via the driver files which can be found in CUE's install fodler?

Old 11-24-2015, 09:53 PM

POST ID # = 822001
Campin Reputation: 10

Created an account just to bump this thread and give it some attention as i also have a void headset and am getting sick of either using the browser version of discord or uninstalling CUE for this, ive recently been back and forth in emails with Dan from discord and haven not got an answer in whats going on with this really, both party's seem to be blaming eachother, an update on progress/action would be nice in whats going on as it has been a while since this was reported and made aware to both companies. ???

Old 11-26-2015, 06:34 AM

POST ID # = 822240

@Campin

Making sure you are on FW 36.08 and the latest CUE version.

Have you tried disabling enhancements? A prompt should appear when you right click the speaker icon > playback devices. If it does click yes and it should work with the desktop Discord application.

@Scar

Are you using the web browser or the desktop application for Discord?

Old 11-26-2015, 11:03 AM

POST ID # = 822270
Campin Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted View Post
@Campin

Making sure you are on FW 36.08 and the latest CUE version.

Have you tried disabling enhancements? A prompt should appear when you right click the speaker icon > playback devices. If it does click yes and it should work with the desktop Discord application.

@Scar

Are you using the web browser or the desktop application for Discord?
@Toasted Yes i have tried the enhancements, but as someone said above with the void headset there is no option given for enhancements, but as for the FW version for the headset it says im only on 0.10 and everytime i update it, it does not change and stays on 0.10. any idea how i can get this latest firmware for the headset then? is it possible to do it manually?

Old 11-26-2015, 11:06 PM

POST ID # = 822346
TehPostman Reputation: 10
Default Same Issue

I got roughly the same issue when install the CUE my headset produces no sound and picks up no sound and it has an error that cannot be fixed, when i uninstall it, it works perfectly fine, the problems is i also bought the keyboard and i cant customize the keyboard without the CUE so i'm in a bind that i need help with.

Old 11-27-2015, 05:50 AM
Scar89's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822367

I got lucky and the popup randomly show up the other day so it is working now. But there must be someway to force it, through the command prompt or something right? Its pot luck at the moment.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:36 AM

POST ID # = 822385

Scar, Are you using the web based or desktop application based Discord?

Old 11-27-2015, 09:21 AM
BahamutxD's PC Specs

POST ID # = 822393
BahamutxD Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehPostman View Post
I got roughly the same issue when install the CUE my headset produces no sound and picks up no sound and it has an error that cannot be fixed, when i uninstall it, it works perfectly fine, the problems is i also bought the keyboard and i cant customize the keyboard without the CUE so i'm in a bind that i need help with.
THIS. It's been almost 2 months and all I know is that after some CUE update, I can't use VoIP Discordapp. Even if I close CUE it still don't work. CUE must be uninstalled for it to work. I wouldn't care too much if it's only the headset, but I have a KB+Mouse from Corsair too!!

Void being a gamer headset, this should be a top priority really, PLEASE, give us a fix...