Corsair Community

Corsair One Memory Test Fail (HELP!)

WandC

I have the Corsair One (2017/18) model and recently I have had severe FPS (100FPS down to 6FPS) and mild ping issues (60ms up to 225ms) in a game I have played for years. This happens over a 20-30 minute period of playing the game. I have never encountered this issue before, nor does anyone else on the server report similar issues.

I have run several test and the Corsair diagnostic has found two issues:

Advanced PatternTest FAIL

The pattern written (FEFEFEFEFEFEFEFE) did not match the pattern read (FEFEFEDEFEFEFEFE) at the physical address (000000019825EE00). The pattern difference was: 0000002000000000.

Moving Inversion Test FAIL

The pattern written (FEFEFEFEFEFEFEFE) did not match the pattern read (FEFEFEDEFEFEFEFE) at the physical address (000000019825EE00). The pattern difference was: 0000002000000000.

Similarly I notice that I seem to be accruing 11GB of Standby memory that doesn't clear on a regular basis. I've followed various online tutorials and have a custom task with EmptyStandbyList.exe to clear it, but this hasn't improved the issue..

What is the cause and consequence of these failures, and could either/both these be the source of my FPS issues?

I feel somewhat frustrated that my warranty has only just expired for a unit that cost me £2,000 just over 2 years ago (£75 per month usage).

Can anyone offer some constructive advice on how to proceed, I'd rather not open a thread of complaints if it can be avoided.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...