Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-26-2019, 09:34 AM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015732
Mussels Reputation: 10
Default PSA: HWinfo64 crashes commander pro/iCue

Finally found out why my fan speeds have been weird as well as my older AIO running off my CoPro - as soon as HWinfo64 is opened **Even if you select the option to ignore corsair sensors** the commander pro crashes.
The fan control and sensor readings break on the Commander pro - the performance tab disappears and the voltage/temp/RPM sensors vanish.
Edit for clarity: *THIS PERSISTS BETWEEN REBOOTS*

To reproduce:

1. Have a commander pro, open iCue on CoPro tab
2. Open HWinfo64
3. 'Performance' tab vanishes, CoPro freezes locking fan speeds where they are (not fun if you have a zero RPM at idle like i do)
4. CoPro does NOT come back online without a full power down of the system - even a restart doesn't recover it. I have to remove the power cord for 5s after shutdown.

This may be why some people are seeing items disappearing from iCue - external programs are freezing some parts of the background processes

Screenshot of CoPro in Icue 3.18.77, note the lack of perfomance tab and the weird voltage/temp readings

After a reboot AND reset of corsair service:

Last edited by Mussels; 08-30-2019 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-26-2019, 04:03 PM
Sacco Belmonte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015763
Sacco Belmonte Reputation: 10

You need to disable Corsair/Asetek in HWInfo's INI file. (or options)
Old 08-26-2019, 04:12 PM
NecroMan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015768
NecroMan Reputation: 10

This is normal for iCUE :)
Open one program at a time.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:02 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015777
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/ar...olers-and-iCUE
Old 08-27-2019, 12:56 AM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015808

To make it clear: the corsair integration WAS DISABLED in hwinfo

The problem here is that the crashed out hardware persists beyond reboots, which can explain why a lot of users here have missing performance tabs and outright vanishing hardware
Old 08-27-2019, 06:02 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1015820
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

This isn’t a new thing and has been going on since the 4.9 versions of Link. The best advice is not to run multiple monitoring programs. There is always going to be overlap and the reason for CUE and other program interactions is discussed at heat length in many other threads. If you need to run AIDA, kill the iCUE application and services before launching.
Old 08-30-2019, 01:27 PM
c00lkatz's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016179
c00lkatz Reputation: 21

The problem is the Corsair Commander Pro and your Corsair AIO cooler are listed separately in HWInfo now. I don't remember this being the case before, but my build has been down for quite some time getting it rebuilt (several months - I know, I'm lazy). After getting everything set back up and updated, I ran into exactly the same issue. Thinking it was a problem with the Commander Pro, I tried force updating the firmware, which would fix it until HWInfo was opened again. Really drove me nuts at first. I knew I had Corsair disabled in HWInfo, but when I went to look again and double check, the cooler (H150i Pro, think it's called Corsair CLC) was still disabled but the Commander Pro was not. I don't remember the Commander Pro showing up in HWInfo before, but it sure is now. Right click on the Commander Pro in HWInfo (can't remember the specific name, but it was right above the Corsair CLC and had sensors for fan speeds, voltages, etc) and disable monitoring. Reboot the computer, and now you should be able to open both iCUE and HWInfo without the Commander Pro going all wonky.

Alternatively, you could just leave the AIO and Commander Pro enabled in HWInfo, close HWInfo, get everything set up in iCUE, which saves it to the hardware (make sure to edit the hardware profiles for lighting if you want that too), then close iCUE and just use HWInfo for monitoring, which would also allow you to import the sensors from HWInfo into MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner so you can monitor the sensors in game if you like.

I'm at work now, but when I get home, I'll see if I can get you a screenshot of what I'm talking about if you haven't already fixed it by then.

*EDITED FOR SUPER OCD CONDITION*

Last edited by c00lkatz; 08-30-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 08-30-2019, 11:05 PM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016235

Thanks C00lkatz, it does show up as its own device as corsair CLCP

useful workaround for now