Corsair Community

H100i 1.0.7 still no commander.

Iggmann88

I updated the firmware of my H100i to 1.0.7 to supposedly "fix" the detection problem between it and the command hub, it still won't detect it. I flashed the firmware through the usb dongle and not through the commander as instructed, twice.

When plugged into the commander after 1.0.7 update the LED flashes on and then off, then 2 of the 4 fans run full speed while the other 2 don,t spin at all.. :confused: And shows up in the commander as all sensors at "0" with no control. Same as it did with 1.0.5. It works fine being plugged in along side with the commander, but I'd rather eliminate that bulky usb cable for the smaller commander link cable...

Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated. :D:

Edit: Totally unrelated... But does anyone else have their Link software open halfway off the screen?

I tried to create a new profile, but it doesn't even allow adjusting any of the H100i properties, zero across the board.. I also tried deleting my profiles and restoring to default with no results. I even went so far as reinstalling the Link software... :(:

Go to the LINK software>Options>Devices>Expand H100i's device information.

If are the readings correct?

E.g. Available LED Channels: 1 etc

If it is, shut down your computer, unplug the Commander unit for 30 seconds then try again.

• Corsair Employee
I tried both 2.4.4948 and 2.3.4816. 2.4 stalls at "Verifying" and 2.3 says it flashed firmware successfully.

Are you trying to update the firmware on the cooler and it is giving that error message? If so then let's try and replace the cooler!

Are you trying to update the firmware on the cooler and it is giving that error message? If so then let's try and replace the cooler!

Device info shows it at 1.0.7. The firmware error only occurs under LINK 2.4, under 2.3 it updated the firmware successfully. And the cooler works perfectly on it's own, and I really rather not have to replace it AGAIN... I'd rather use the dongle than another 20$ out of my pocket to RMA again.. :sigh!: If anything the commander seems at fault.. :confused: Is 1 sec green with quick flash red on the back of the commander good or bad?

Edit: And now commander shows my AX860i is running at 56% efficiency at idle...

Ok Im back I just received a new H100i and a new link kit, the link detects all my hardware correctly, BUT NOTHING THATS H100i RELATED, does not see the pump or fans, my fans are running at full speed, does not detect the lighting module as well. Im running the most current software beta. Firmware is what it shipped with, but that usless if the link cant see the H100i. I cant still understand why this is such a project to get working? Think were coming up on 2 years. So this should be simple ritht? new cooler new link, should work at least with corsairs own shipped products. So before I get upset, Ill ask for help. Yes I tried different usb ports, otherwise the link would not show anything. Yes I deleated profiles. Yes I restarted computer. Yes I changed the data cable. This is nothing shy of ludicrous. I have not even tried to plug in my other fans yet to see if they can be controlled. That's for another night.

if i had this happen even after getting a new cooler,id surmise its some old remnant still on my computer or other software interfering .id format and install a fresh os and first install the cooler and then add my programs,many programs even removed still leave existing trash,also i assume your running up to date net framework.

i would also leave existing firmware alone and only run the software before the beta

Version 2.3.4816

if i had this happen even after getting a new cooler,id surmise its some old remnant still on my computer or other software interfering .id format and install a fresh os and first install the cooler and then add my programs,many programs even removed still leave existing trash,also i assume your running up to date net framework.

i would also leave existing firmware alone and only run the software before the beta

Version 2.3.4816

It's a whole new build, .NET is updated, the existing firmware didn,t work to begin with.. I had to flash the firmware once to stop it from grinding the fans and my ears into oblivion, and then RMA it 3 days later because it refused to turn on... Now that I had to wait a week to get the cooler into the machine and have the OS ready and up to date, the commander is acting up...

Im lost you expect me to reinstall a complete OS and reset everything for hours? Because Corsair can not get code right, its unbelievable that corsair still makes you jump through hoops. The software at this point should uninstall itself, and reinstall a fresh copy, it should check if you have proper .netframework. There is NO reason why a brand new link and cooler do not work together. I would personally like to speak with the lead on this project and fire all code writers, and make it open source. There is no reason for this all most two years into the project!!!!!!!!!!!!. When win 8.1 rolls out, then they want us to wait a year again to make the link work? Because every other software I have is ready for it now! This is not a software like a music player that if your not happy, you download a different one, this is critical to our machines and should be treated as such. Im am disappointed beyond words with corsair at this time. I just installed it yesterday and am considering getting my money back for good. Wish someone from corporate would read the forums, and clean house. Microsoft makes a complete OS in two years, that works with 95% of the people out of the box, why cant corsair do the same thing? Its just fan control, moreover between two of its own products! Do you realize all the different updates and configuration's people have to try to get this to work? Here Ill do one better, Ill give 50$ for someone to RDP into my computer and set it up. Im tired of hearing corsair saying next update, try this or that, How about you install it and it just works. UGH

you misunderstood me,once again

anytime a program is installed and removed it leaves trash behind

it isnt so much as corsair as it is aisuite,speedfan,realtemt and tons of other software we try,dont like and then delete.

there was one i recall that had 8 bad coolers,now really thats simply impossible so there is another underlying issue as ONLY one can control the computer...

suggesting a fresh install is quite simple and can be easily done even while keeping the existing os.you could also just take this 50 and have a computer shop do it.,as honestly getting multiple bad coolers is rather unlikely.

How about you install it and it just works. UGH

i have 3 running now since mid last year and each took only a few minutes to set

you misunderstood me,once again

anytime a program is installed and removed it leaves trash behind

it isnt so much as corsair as it is aisuite,speedfan,realtemt and tons of other software we try,dont like and then delete.

there was one i recall that had 8 bad coolers,now really thats simply impossible so there is another underlying issue as ONLY one can control the computer...

suggesting a fresh install is quite simple and can be easily done even while keeping the existing os.you could also just take this 50 and have a computer shop do it.,as honestly getting multiple bad coolers is rather unlikely.

i have 3 running now since mid last year and each took only a few minutes to set

This is the first time I rma the cooler since it first came out. I don't install garbage software on my computer, I learned that a long time ago, this is all most a fresh install. I only have bare programs that I use daily, like dvdfab, here from screen shot these are the only programs I installed since my FRESH install of windows 8, so you tell me what is causing conflict.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.1d41b1dbd671d33d8327b023ccddee17.jpg

This is the first time I rma the cooler since it first came out. I don't install garbage software on my computer, I learned that a long time ago, this is all most a fresh install. I only have bare programs that I use daily, like dvdfab, here from screen shot these are the only programs I installed since my FRESH install of windows 8, so you tell me what is causing conflict.

no way to tell without looking at your registry

why not start a thread and post pics of your link devices expanded,how everything is hooked up ect.. and maybe it can be sorted out.

Archived