Corsair Community

ST100 Disable RGB without iCUE

Sem

just bought a ST100 i got it over the ST50 for the extra usb ports

only thing annoying me is the default RGB rainbow profile it seems to use when it doesnt detect iCUE if it was a static single colour it wouldn't be so bad

is there anyway i can disable the RGB without having iCUE running

im not a fan of having those bloatware RGB software like aura sync icue etc running all the time so i don't

im kind of hoping corsair has a custom firmware or i can request one that disables the RGB or maybe makes a static colour the default

• 4 months later...

Add me to the list that wants to see this.

I just got the ST100 as I needed the extra USB ports and just got a pair of Logi Pro X Wireless cans. I assumed once I installed the iCue software, I could change the color to a solid white, and then not have to run it again.

Nope. As soon as you exit the software, the annoying Rainbow comes back. Pretty **** setup if you ask me.

The program is a resource hog too. Was the second highest RAM user on my system, behind Chrome. That's saying something. I don't want to leave that running just so I can set the ST100 to a different light color. We should be able to set it and have it remember the setting.

The ST100 does not have a memory storage for saving static or dynamic lighting effects to the device. iCUE is required for lighting control on the stand. I'll pass the suggestion along for our development team to review for a future release.

Understood. However, the on-board controller DOES have memory as it's able to save the Rainbow display by just being plugged into a system. There clearly has to be one or else there would be no lights at all unless iCue was used.

Given that, we should be able to change the profile of that on board storage and default it to something we like, and it should be possible via some coding.

• 1 month later...
That is really ****ty. I have no need for the 7.1 sound, so all it needs to do is shine a light and power my headphones (through a plug). My standard is actually quite a bit away from the computer and the cable wont even reach it without rising up from the floor. For a 65 euro headphone stand not being able to remember it's settings (even my mouse can do that) is a real bummer. Glad I have still to write my review for it, it will nog be to positive.