Corsair Community

K70 RGB Lights Stopping Randomly. What should I do.

WillDaly

So I have recently (1 week ago) received my K70 RGB, and I love it. It looks super sleek, and the Cherry MX Red keys feel great to type and game on (typing on it right now), and the lighting blows my mind, but I have a small problem. So I often use the Rainbow Wave effect for the keyboard, and I realized that whenever I open BattleNet to play Overwatch, and even sometimes randomly, the lights stop changing color, and just stay on the same color. I can fix this temporarily by unplugging the USB and plugging it back in, but that is tedious and not very cool to do if you wanted to impress someone. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so, how I could fix it. I still have a 1 year warranty covering my keyboard, so I could just send it back if I can't fix it, but that would be pretty annoying. If you have any thoughts or suggestions, please tell me, I would really appreciate it.

it just froze as I was typing this, please help.

Thanks.

I have a K70 RGB Lux and I see this same issue. For now it's not happening but it was driving me crazy for awhile. I think I got it working by using different USB slots than they were on (making sure they were the same version of USB). USB 2.0 is good for troubleshooting, but I currently have them running on USB 3.0. Reinstalling CUE might help you, and I also tried a forced firmware update (but that did nothing).

Archived