Corsair Community

Missing replacement Keycaps from K70 Rgb mk2 SE

gtstarwars

I recently bought a K70 RGB MK2 SE (yes the white/silver one) and I noticed it does not come with the replacement keycaps (textured grey ones for fps/moba) like I have seen in the review videos. I called my local retailer and they said it comes as is. Is there a way to get those interchangeable keycaps? They are white and contoured/textured which is why I wanted them fornmy keyboard as I have seen them in the review videos.

The keycap replacements I have seen on multiple review and unboxing videos are the WASD And the QWERDF. An example of the keycaps are also seen on beginnerstech channel as well as other unboxes

Edited by gtstarwars

I have the same keyboard, I don’t believe the SE comes with the extra key caps which the non-se version does. The reason I’m guessing is the se version uses high quality pbs double shot keycaps where as the standard version uses normal abs keycaps. I’m fairly sure the extra ‘fps/moba’ caps in the standard issue are also abs, as such using them would actually be a downgrade. I do wish they included the cap puller though, we still need to clean our keyboards.

Might seem counter-intuitive at first but remember a big part of the reason the se version is there is so you get the higher quality keycaps so using spare ones of lower quality doesn’t really make sense.

I have the same keyboard, I don’t believe the SE comes with the extra key caps which the non-se version does. The reason I’m guessing is the se version uses high quality pbs double shot keycaps where as the standard version uses normal abs keycaps. I’m fairly sure the extra ‘fps/moba’ caps in the standard issue are also abs, as such using them would actually be a downgrade. I do wish they included the cap puller though, we still need to clean our keyboards.

Might seem counter-intuitive at first but remember a big part of the reason the se version is there is so you get the higher quality keycaps so using spare ones of lower quality doesn’t really make sense.

http://prntscr.com/nqi7cz

http://prntscr.com/nqi6vw

Thats what i thought as well, till i saw the replacement PBT ones here in this review by brainbean

[ame]

[/ame]

as well as here [ame]

[/ame]

They are double shot keycaps as well and they are textured.

Edited by gtstarwars

Hmm, I’m not sure what is going on, I’ve read reviews of other unboxing where they clearly show what is included (no other keycaps) as well as pointing out they are not included with the se. Having said that, in those videos you can certainly see them showing the alternative keycaps. If the fps/moba set are pbs I wouldn’t mind trying them, I just don’t want to mix pbs caps with abs ones (quite why I don’t know).

Might have to get some official clarification on this, I can definitely report my edition (from Australia) didn’t include the extra caps or key puller.

Hmm, I’m not sure what is going on, I’ve read reviews of other unboxing where they clearly show what is included (no other keycaps) as well as pointing out they are not included with the se. Having said that, in those videos you can certainly see them showing the alternative keycaps. If the fps/moba set are pbs I wouldn’t mind trying them, I just don’t want to mix pbs caps with abs ones (quite why I don’t know).

Might have to get some official clarification on this, I can definitely report my edition (from Australia) didn’t include the extra caps or key puller.

Yea I agree, we need some official clarification on this as mine (Canada) did not come with the keycaps or key puller in the box either.