Old 04-26-2018, 09:53 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952236
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Mastercase Pro 5. No USB 2.0 on the front panel only 3.0

However I am 85% certain those work, moot point.
Question: how are you certain? From what we've seen, there is something wrong with the USB ports, the cables or perhaps it was plugged in incorrectly (one of your headers doesn't have a shield so that's possible). We can't directly test the cables but we can test the port to rule that out. Because it's also somewhat unlikely that you'd have several cables go bad.

So ... two unlikely scenarios, one of which must be true and only one of which we can test ... so let's test the scenario that we can.

Quote:
Im gonna check my stock of random junk/old parts and also make a run to microcenter. Be about 3 hours.
OK. Only 3 hours? In Microcenter? Good luck ... I can't seem to ever get out of there in the time that I planned.

Quote:
No sir; haven't played one second of that game
"Now we're cookin' with gas!" is on of the lines that Junkrat says (when he's being boosted).

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-26-2018, 09:59 PM
Murphy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952238
Murphy Reputation: 10

Had a Rosewill card reader bay expansion laying around .

I connected SATA power, USB 2.0 connector to board, and 3.0 connector to splitter that's connected already. I DID NOT connect sata data cable. Tested a portable Seagate drive at 4 points: 3.0 port on front of case (no data), 3.0 on Rosewill hub (no data), 2.0 on Rosewill hub (no data), and a USB port in the back of the board (registered and could view folders).

Then I connected the 2.0 USB cable to the USB part of the ROG Extension port

Viola!

iCue is now registering every device and currently attempting to update firmware on the CoPro (which I think I regret, stuck at 0% 10 minutes).

So looks like the culprit(s) are the main 2.0 headers (and apparently my 3.0 header is also borked)

Edit: The ports provide power but clearly do not transfer data; my mistake, I clearly had no idea what I was talking about

Last edited by Murphy; 04-26-2018 at 10:01 PM.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:14 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952240

Oh, now that is certainly unexpected.
Question: did you update the firmware drivers? Install the drivers the Asus site?

It's quite unusual to have all those USB ports totally borked. I mean ... the results speak for themselves but it's unusual.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:30 PM
Murphy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952242

I did manage to get the CoPro firmware updated. I think I jacked it up initially but a quick reinstall and both programs (Link and iCue) register everything and updated fine.

I did not download anything from the ASUS site for anything.

Old 04-26-2018, 10:55 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952243

What about drivers on the disk? Firmware/chipset drivers?
That may be the solution ...

Old 04-26-2018, 11:16 PM
Murphy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952247

Not sure I follow... you mean like the CD disks that came with the mobo? I'm sure I could poke around to find those...

Old 04-26-2018, 11:21 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952248

Either the CD that came with the motherboard or go to the Asus site and download the chipset drivers for that motherboard. One way or another ... you need to get those drivers on; Windows doesn't always install the correct ones.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:45 AM
Murphy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952293

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
... you need to get those drivers on; Windows doesn't always install the correct ones.
I installed the most recent chipset driver off of ASUS's website last night, can test the offending headers later tonight. Haven't located any other articles discussing a problem similar to this one. Why would the Extension port (USB part) work but not the standard 2.0 and 3.0 not function?

And it is not even like they don't really function. They clearly pass power through but not data. Which I guess supports your theory of driver/firmware. Hesitant but maybe I should try deleting all USB drivers from the system and reinstalling? Reboot and let Windows do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Only 3 hours? In Microcenter? Good luck ... I can't seem to ever get out of there in the time that I planned.
I hear you; I didn't even get to go! By the time I had an opportunity I had 15 mins before when Google said they close and it was a 30 min drive... *sigh*

Old 04-27-2018, 08:51 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952294

It could be that the extension port is on a different root hub? I'm not sure why that one works and the other two don't. But yeah ... the power but no data would seem to support that theory. If you installed the chipset drivers last night, I'd test before blasting it from orbit.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:10 AM
Murphy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952468

So doesn't seem to have changed anything. Looks like I might need a new MoBo.

But hey all my Corsair stuff functions now so thats good!

I really appreciate your help and that you kept with it with me! Thanks much.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:45 PM
Exsosus's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010719
Exsosus Reputation: 10

Hi, everyone. After 3-months + with Corsair support the answer is simple when devices do not show as they should in Corsair Link. The answer is not iCue, which I was told by support.

Here you go!

Step 1: Run Winver in Run command.
Step 2: Uninstall iCue complete and if you have Link installed, that too.
Step 3: Restart Windows. (Yes I know its windows 10 but this is hardware related. Do it).
Step 4: Install Corsair Link 4.9.9.3 for Windows version 1809 OS Build 17753.557 or later.
Step 5: If you want iCue for your keyboard RGB and other accessories install that now.

You should have all devices showing in Corsair Link!

Enjoy.