Corsair Community

DIMM slots don't match

Hockster2

Four sticks of Vengeance Pro RGB, in iCue the slots 1 and 3 are reversed as are 2 and 4.

The diagram is 1 2 3 4

But the corresponding slots on the motherboard are 3 4 1 2

Any sequential lighting effects are completely whacked. If I select the actual Sequential effect in the up direction iCue has it going 1,2,3,4, down iCue still shows 1,2,3,4, but in actual use the sticks go in 4,3,2,1.

I have the same issue, and some investigation shows that some people have a Dimm Setup option in iCue to adjust this order. I however (on v3.9.93) do not :(

Incredibly frustrating to have spent time, effort and money to build a beautiful system only to have the RAM look awful because I cannot configure it properly

I'm on 3.9.93 and do have the option. I never realized I could change the layout. I did have to change from 1X4 to 2X4 and back again in order to get the ability to rearrange the slots.

However changing from up to down still changes the direction, ie left to right and right to left.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same issue, and some investigation shows that some people have a Dimm Setup option in iCue to adjust this order. I however (on v3.9.93) do not :(

Incredibly frustrating to have spent time, effort and money to build a beautiful system only to have the RAM look awful because I cannot configure it properly

Same thing!

• 1 year later...
I'm on 3.9.93 and do have the option. I never realized I could change the layout. I did have to change from 1X4 to 2X4 and back again in order to get the ability to rearrange the slots.

However changing from up to down still changes the direction, ie left to right and right to left.

When i read this i thought i found the solution. However, it keeps resetting to the original (wrong) layout when i restart iCUE or turn of my PC.

Does anyone have a solution that i don't have to reset every time i turn off my pc?

Thanks

When i read this i thought i found the solution. However, it keeps resetting to the original (wrong) layout when i restart iCUE or turn of my PC.

Does anyone have a solution that i don't have to reset every time i turn off my pc?

Thanks

No solution really, but find a version of iCrap that works correctly for you and never update it. This software is often so incredibly buggy it's almost enough to make me switch to a different brand of peripherals.

• 7 months later...

Hey guys so I found a solution for this. I currently have iCue 3.33.246. Go to Settings>Vengeance RGB Pro (or your ram)> and choose "enable full software control"

Once that is done you can go to "dimm setup" in your ram. Click on the ram animation slot and then you can mess with the dimm orientation. I currently have mine set to 3 4 1 2.

I hope this helps others with the same problem.