Corsair Community

What about GPU lighting?

ETHREAL1

So I know this is in the MB lighting section but.... as there is no GPU section that I can fine this was the closest thing to my point.

So, we have asus MB lighting on the way to full release, with this there is only one major item left to integrate into the iCue ecosystem is the RGB lighting on GPUs, as a recall of what’s possible to control at this point via iCue vs what has lighting is as follows, starting with what’s iCue compatible;

1. ASUS Motherboards

2. Corsair Ram

3. Corsair AIOs

4. RGB fans compatible with either the lighting node or commander pro

5. RGB strips (controllable from either Corsair controllers or ASUS MB)

6. Corsair keyboards

7. Corsair mice

8. Corsair headsets

9. Corsair RGB accessories such as RGB mouse pads and the like

And for things that aren’t controllable from iCue excluding things of the same item type as above in order of likely use;

1. GPUs (May be easy to just adapt the new asus plugin to also support ASUS GPU lighting, though it would be nice if others like EVGA or MSI where to be available at some point)

2. Sound cards with RGB lighting

3. RGB SSDs (yes I know.... I don’t get it either but....)

4. Monitors with Backsplash RGB

5. Things like Phillips hue lighting

And as you can see out of the major things mentioned above you could make an entire system that would use one program to control everything with the exception of the GPU if it has lighting.... if we had that it would be truly possible

Hey it's the first public beta, give them some time. Can't expect them to fully support everything out of the box.

1. I hope they add it too

2. Those exist?

3. Know about those, i agree. Why lol unless they're in public view

4. If they're like the LS100 from corsair, they already can (in iCue)

5. Heard about that, don't use it myself.

And for things that aren’t controllable from iCue excluding things of the same item type as above in order of likely use;

1. GPUs (May be easy to just adapt the new asus plugin to also support ASUS GPU lighting, though it would be nice if others like EVGA or MSI where to be available at some point)

2. Sound cards with RGB lighting

3. RGB SSDs (yes I know.... I don’t get it either but....)

4. Monitors with Backsplash RGB

5. Things like Phillips hue lighting

And as you can see out of the major things mentioned above you could make an entire system that would use one program to control everything with the exception of the GPU if it has lighting.... if we had that it would be truly possible

Do you really understand what you're asking? All you need is a universal standard for lighting control that everyone single manufacturer in the world must follow and immediately implement. And then you must buy all the new "standardized products". Oh, and everyone has to agree to adopt the standard. I am sure that would be easy. Let's check again in 2030.

Whereas you are asking Corsair unilaterally to make their software control every other device with an LED light on the planet, with or without support from the other competing manufacturers? How would that work? What is the incentive to cooperate? Who pays for all the development hours? And this would then need to be a continuing operation to work every single new release into the fold. This isn't just a science lab and a question of what is technically possible. There has to be a realistic and cost sensible way to implement these things.

I've not heard anything about GPU support but I, personally, think it makes sense and would like to see it as well.

As for the rest ... if it's something that directly competes with Corsair's product line, I think it's unlikely. The rest would depend on the vendor (like Creative Labs, for sound cards) working with Corsair on it as well as Corsair determining that it's worth the time and investment to enable it. Also note that some devices may have challenges with iCUE's data rate - it does send a LOT of RGB data pretty quickly relative to most other RGB systems.

The RGB SSDs usually have support for a motherboard connection, which will work with iCUE using a 3rd party adapter.

Do you really understand what you're asking? All you need is a universal standard for lighting control that everyone single manufacturer in the world must follow and immediately implement. And then you must buy all the new "standardized products". Oh, and everyone has to agree to adopt the standard. I am sure that would be easy. Let's check again in 2030.

Whereas you are asking Corsair unilaterally to make their software control every other device with an LED light on the planet, with or without support from the other competing manufacturers? How would that work? What is the incentive to cooperate? Who pays for all the development hours? And this would then need to be a continuing operation to work every single new release into the fold. This isn't just a science lab and a question of what is technically possible. There has to be a realistic and cost sensible way to implement these things.

im not asking them to do every thing on the planet, just the things they don't make like MBs and GPUs mostly

• 1 year later...
im not asking them to do every thing on the planet, just the things they don't make like MBs and GPUs mostly

There are some libraries like RGB.NET that are attempting to bridge the gap across manufacturers. Would would be cool if iCue could open up a plugin system that can allow developers to extend iCue. Then we can do what we want without having to completely abandon iCue.

• 1 month later...
A few months ago i ran an Asus prime x570 with Aura lighting as well as all my corsair parts, had pretty much seamless running between Asus ai and Icue which was great but i changed to an Msi x570 Unify and an Msi rtx3070 gaming xtrio and now run dragon center and icue.....well its like 2 kids arguing in the play ground over who gets to go on the roundabout first, on there own they work fine but when i run the division 2 game....thats when the disagreement come to surface despite the game supporting both lighting systems side by side they do not get on.

• Corsair Employee
A few months ago i ran an Asus prime x570 with Aura lighting as well as all my corsair parts, had pretty much seamless running between Asus ai and Icue which was great but i changed to an Msi x570 Unify and an Msi rtx3070 gaming xtrio and now run dragon center and icue.....well its like 2 kids arguing in the play ground over who gets to go on the roundabout first, on there own they work fine but when i run the division 2 game....thats when the disagreement come to surface despite the game supporting both lighting systems side by side they do not get on.

You cannot be running both iCUE and Mystic Light at the same time. You will need to choose one or the other.