Corsair Community

Corsair K70 RGB blue switches feel inconsistent

Aero89

I just received my corsair k70 rgb keyboard with blue switches from newegg today. I'm wondering if anyone else is noticing significant differences in the way some of the keys feel from each other.

I just got mine but certain keys feel really mushy compared to others.

Should I just get this one RMA'd?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the keys just feel like brown switches, where they have the bump but no click that a blue switch should.

Others feel just like damped blues with a very light click sound that feel like the a slightly stronger spring.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0M8hF_kCtM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0M8hF_kCtM[/ame]

My main issue is with the the W and E and ' keys at the moment. The W key actually isn't working right now. Both pretty much just feel like browns.

Some of the other keys have the click but feel more damped then the other keys (T, Y, P, D, L, Z). I'm not as concerned with these ones but I would like to have the W and E buttons fixed since I will probably be using those the most for games.

I have the exact same issue with my S key. It clicks but it is barely noticeable. Is this normal? The more I type on it the more I notice some keys click alot louder than others. With my old keyboard this was not the case and all keys clicked the exact same.

Thanks Dims, I'll make sure to push for that.

I know that the k70 rgb keyboard shouldn't have this inconsistency from switch to switch because I had a das keyboard with blue switches and they all felt the same.

I will be calling corsair Monday and pushing for a cross ship. I am a big fan of corsair and have been using their stuff for a long time but I'm sorry these keyboards were not meant to be released when they were. Should have waited a few months till things were patched out.

I got the Blue switch RGB as well and I am having the exact same issue! Several of my keys feel like browns and it just feels like they weren't paying much attention when they were putting it together. I submitted an RMA to Corsair but this seems like it might be and issue with a lot of their blue switch RGB boards.

Heres a video of mine, i'm having a particularly bad time with my K, Alt and Enter keys: [ame]

[/ame]

There seems to be so many issues with this very anticipated keyboard. This is really unfortunate :(

Agree.

I think Corsair totally busted it.

SW-issues of all kinds, Keyboard not recognized or falling out of configuration, long boottime on some PCs, Steam starting slowly, Steamgames starting slowly, some blue-Switches not working as they should, etc. etc.

All the SW-issues only because of a KB? - Come on, it`s a keyboard.

Corsair launched the RGBs too early, obviously not finished yet.

This is really, really unfortunate. I was already going to be a bit disappointed by the K70 RGB when it showed up tomorrow due to the lack of OSX software, but at the end of the day I thought "it'll still be a great keyboard to type on, even if the blingy lights won't be working while I'm booted in to OSX."

Now it's entirely possible that I'm going to pull a keyboard out of the box that doesn't work for any of its intended purposes (good typing experience, powerful light capabilities). Guess the first thing I'll be doing before I even plug it in is checking each and every key on the keyboard.

This is really, really unfortunate. I was already going to be a bit disappointed by the K70 RGB when it showed up tomorrow due to the lack of OSX software, but at the end of the day I thought "it'll still be a great keyboard to type on, even if the blingy lights won't be working while I'm booted in to OSX."

Now it's entirely possible that I'm going to pull a keyboard out of the box that doesn't work for any of its intended purposes (good typing experience, powerful light capabilities). Guess the first thing I'll be doing before I even plug it in is checking each and every key on the keyboard.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing too! I hope mine doesn't come with any brown-like switches.

Part of me is wondering if Corsair rushed it out due to whatever exclusivity window they have with Cherry and their RGB switches. Just a thought. No idea if that is the case but i really wanted this keyboard, as it looked to be incredible. The issues though have me concerned. The availability is still ramping up too so I havent bought one yet but now I'm not sure its safe to. I still want the damn thing but its too expensive of a product to have these issues.

Have those with this mixed switch problem removed the key caps to confirm if they are in fact mixed up switches or are you just going by sound/feel? I suppose its even worse if they all look like blue switches but some of them are internally brown :) That would be a mess.

Archived