Corsair Community

K70 Cherry MX Brown with Red LED?

ericc191

Corsair, are there any plans to release a K70 Cherry MX Brown with red LEDs?

I was just about to click purchase when I realized it was blue LED only. The amount of complaints I've read about the blue LED being too bright and reflecting off the aluminum and the fact that my computer's color scheme is red/black/white means I can't purchase it.

I'll have to go with a different brand, unfortunately, if not.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh...

So the Cherry MX Brown is only available for the silver version of this keyboard, not for the black version ?

Sorry, but that is really stupid. A keyboard, regardless of color, should have the same characteristics.

I will not buy your keyboard... I am looking for a black keyboard (like K70) but with Chery MX Brown. Red are damn too sensitive for me! Users should have the choice.

I am very disapointed, Corsair.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh...

So the Cherry MX Brown is only available for the silver version of this keyboard, not for the black version ?

Sorry, but that is really stupid. A keyboard, regardless of color, should have the same characteristics.

I will not buy your keyboard... I am looking for a black keyboard (like K70) but with Chery MX Brown. Red are damn too sensitive for me! Users should have the choice.

I am very disapointed, Corsair.

Here is the math:

Popular Cherry MX switches(3):

red, brown, blue

LED colors used by Corsair(3):

red, blue, white

Aluminum plates used by Corsair(3):

black, silver, gunmetal gray

3 * 3 * 3 = 27

Corsair would have to produce 27 different versions of the K70 to accommodate every combination.

If they added more switches and LED colors that number explode.

Just be happy they offer this keyboard with the switch you want.

The K70 you mentioned with Cherry MX brown switches uses the gunmetal gray plate not silver, and is actually not that bright.

I love the K70's design and look (black chassis) and was going to purchase it until I found out that the Cherry MX Blue and Brown switches were only available with the grey metal chassis which I dislike.

It's a shame and there's not much to do except buy elsewhere and politely give feedback.

• 2 weeks later...
Here is the math:

Popular Cherry MX switches(3):

red, brown, blue

LED colors used by Corsair(3):

red, blue, white

Aluminum plates used by Corsair(3):

black, silver, gunmetal gray

3 * 3 * 3 = 27

Corsair would have to produce 27 different versions of the K70 to accommodate every combination.

If they added more switches and LED colors that number explode.

Just be happy they offer this keyboard with the switch you want.

The K70 you mentioned with Cherry MX brown switches uses the gunmetal gray plate not silver, and is actually not that bright.

The solution: RGB LEDs - should be no problem for 130 bucks. I would even pay another 10$ with pleasure to compensate the extra costs. :bigeyes:

Archived