Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2018, 03:48 PM
OriginalOreos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963610
OriginalOreos Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hastegag View Post
We are with you, but this is a resource limited environment - they simply do not have on-board storage on specific devices to handle a situation where in lock state the software can speak to the hardware.?
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I only briefly used Link prior to iCUE to control my LL Fans, but I remember it working just fine with that software. Either it worked in motion, or it just froze the color scheme, much like the Corsair peripherals do now.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:03 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 963623
hastegag Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalOreos View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I only briefly used Link prior to iCUE to control my LL Fans, but I remember it working just fine with that software. Either it worked in motion, or it just froze the color scheme, much like the Corsair peripherals do now.
I am not sure but it was my understanding it did not work.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthre...d=1#post963622

Seems frankly to be related. Something almost tells me you could trick the CUE app to think the system was unlocked with some creative task scheduling. Assuming the application could get to the HID and had the authority to do what it needed...might be something they could look at provided users were comfortable with the password saved to the task and allowing it to run with the highest privileges.

EDIT:
So FWIW i tried making a task scheduler task on windows lock and ran both icue and
C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CORSAIR iCUE Software\Corsair.Service.exe
with the highest privileges and right settings. Still seems worthwhile to investigate even though it did not work

Last edited by hastegag; 07-15-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:55 PM
DCBeast's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964209
DCBeast Reputation: 10

Although I would really appreciate the ability to set a profile for when my machine is locked; I really despise the rainbows and would prefer almost anything over it (except mad flashing!).

I think the simplest thing to do would be to offer an 'LEDs are off' firmware version for those of us that hate the rainbows.

Change the UI to let you pick which firmware you want to run (off or rainbows) and the rest of it becomes a much lower priority.

I quite often work in the evenings with minimal lighting and lock my PC if I leave my desk. With four LL fans and four LED strips it's deeply unpleasant what happens to the room in these moments...
Old 07-18-2018, 09:36 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964219
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCBeast View Post
I quite often work in the evenings with minimal lighting and lock my PC if I leave my desk. With four LL fans and four LED strips it's deeply unpleasant what happens to the room in these moments...
Not a fan of unicorn vomit, eh?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 07-18-2018, 10:42 PM
DCBeast's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964225

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Not a fan of unicorn vomit, eh?
Nope!
Old 07-19-2018, 02:13 PM
Jesso2k's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964340
Jesso2k Reputation: 10

The rainbow effect threw me off, certainly something no reviewer has spoken of, but I'm resigned to the fact it's here to stay. I'm hoping I have an option to have my Vengeance pro ram behave the same way so I have some continuity throughout.
Old 07-19-2018, 03:07 PM
marcusone's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964350
marcusone Reputation: 10

hope they fix this soon! :(
Old 07-19-2018, 07:02 PM
OriginalOreos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964419

Quote:
Although I would really appreciate the ability to set a profile for when my machine is locked; I really despise the rainbows and would prefer almost anything over it (except mad flashing!).

I think the simplest thing to do would be to offer an 'LEDs are off' firmware version for those of us that hate the rainbows.

Change the UI to let you pick which firmware you want to run (off or rainbows) and the rest of it becomes a much lower priority.

Not sure what version of iCUE it was, but I think the 3.2 or something froze the lighting in place. Then they updated it, and it went back to rainbow, so freezing should be possible.

Today's update was, again, not helpful with this.
Old 07-19-2018, 07:13 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964422
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesso2k View Post
The rainbow effect threw me off, certainly something no reviewer has spoken of, but I'm resigned to the fact it's here to stay. I'm hoping I have an option to have my Vengeance pro ram behave the same way so I have some continuity throughout.
I wouldn't say that it's here to stay. Corsair has heard the feedback loud and clear and, from what I understand, they are looking into options to address this a bit better. No word, however, on any kind of ETA.

For the record ... I'm with you. I'd like to see my profiles continue unabated, personally. I think a drop down option for how to handle workstation lock would make everyone happy (Current Profile ... Specific Profile ... Lights Off ... Unicorn Vomit). My daughter is a particular fan of unicorn vomit so it does have its fans.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 07-19-2018, 08:12 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 964441
Corsair James Reputation: 75

LINK was able to save lighting to the devices but the patterns we use in iCUE are very different than what we used in LINK (preset lighting is defined by mathematical algorithms). Currently we are working on a plan to reintroduce saving hardware lighting to Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro, and all PRO coolers. But we'll need some time since all of the lighting is basically being redone to support this.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue
Old 07-19-2018, 08:19 PM
DCBeast's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964442

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
I wouldn't say that it's here to stay. Corsair has heard the feedback loud and clear and, from what I understand, they are looking into options to address this a bit better. No word, however, on any kind of ETA.

For the record ... I'm with you. I'd like to see my profiles continue unabated, personally. I think a drop down option for how to handle workstation lock would make everyone happy (Current Profile ... Specific Profile ... Lights Off ... Unicorn Vomit). My daughter is a particular fan of unicorn vomit so it does have its fans.
That's good to hear. A specific, even if static, profile for lock state would make a lot of people very happy.

I would love for Corsair to have a public high-level road-map for iCue; I think that would stop a lot of negative discussion on here.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:41 PM
OriginalOreos's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964450
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
LINK was able to save lighting to the devices but the patterns we use in iCUE are very different than what we used in LINK (preset lighting is defined by mathematical algorithms). Currently we are working on a plan to reintroduce saving hardware lighting to Commander Pro, Lighting Node Pro, and all PRO coolers. But we'll need some time since all of the lighting is basically being redone to support this.
THANK YOU! I appreciate the transparency.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:04 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 964452
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Quote:
That's good to hear. A specific, even if static, profile for lock state would make a lot of people very happy.

I would love for Corsair to have a public high-level road-map for iCue; I think that would stop a lot of negative discussion on here.
I am open to transparency and don't mind doing a known issues list but I honestly don't have the time to maintain it and people tend to run away with conclusions if left unattended. However, I can always answer questions here and there as long as its not confidential info thats being sought.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue
Old 07-20-2018, 12:29 AM
DCBeast's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
I am open to transparency and don't mind doing a known issues list but I honestly don't have the time to maintain it and people tend to run away with conclusions if left unattended. However, I can always answer questions here and there as long as its not confidential info thats being sought.
Fully understand the confidentiality aspect of it.

I also agree that an issues list - unmaintained - will actually cause more issues. Whatever you're using for bug tracking might have some kind of export function that would automatically keep a public list up to date... hopefully :)

For me the top questions would be:

1] Confirmation that there is a plan to do something about the "unicorn vomit" when the machine is locked.
2] A rough estimate of when we might see it (e.g. Q3 '18)
3] A top-ten of issues that are being investigated
4] Is there a plan to allow a key-press to trigger a lighting event on keys other than the one pressed? For example; I would like all keys that are impacted by shift to change colour if I hold a shift key down. Also... Caps Lock state changing the colour of the alpha keys to indicate if I'll get a upper or lower character.

If you are able to implement 1 & 4 I would be about out of ideas for meaningful improvements for me.

BTW... 3.5.111 is your best release yet (I'm no longer having to restart the corsair service to fix my fans).
Old 07-21-2018, 06:26 AM
hi-ban's PC Specs

POST ID # = 964715
hi-ban Reputation: 10

I too want the unicorn vomit issue to be fixed.
I purposefully bought six ML RGB fans and the Corsair light strips because of the "hardware profile" feature which is supposed to make the lights to always display the profile i want from the moment i press the power button. And it worked great in Link. But with iCue the hardware profile feature just doesn't work.

I use a red themed lighting profile for my PC and my eyes bleed every single time i boot my PC and it displays the unicorn vomit pattern.