Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2018, 04:24 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935434
DevBiker Reputation: 94

It should be under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
The other think you can do is to get USBDView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) and see if you can see it there. The Vendor ID is 1b1c and the product id will be one of the following:
H80iGT:0c02
H80i V2: 0c08
H80i: 0c043b
I know the V2 version will use the USBXp driver; not sure on the other two.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 01-14-2018, 07:50 PM
firerx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935465
firerx Reputation: 10

okay found it under intergrated USB Bridge in the USBview. 0b1c product ID is a 0c04, firmware 2.0. had to use a USB hub because ASUS only put one USB header on the new motherboard {Right , I know}. Using it for Corsair data cable and case front USB only.

Last edited by firerx; 01-14-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Old 01-14-2018, 08:43 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935479

Quote:
Originally Posted by firerx View Post
okay found it under intergrated USB Bridge in the USBview. 0b1c product ID is a 0c04, firmware 2.0. had to use a USB hub because ASUS only put one USB header on the new motherboard {Right , I know}. Using it for Corsair data cable and case front USB only.
I'm familiar with Asus' stinginess with USB headers.
USBDView will allow you to enable/disable a device as well. You have to do it separately; the enable/disable one-shot menu item doesn't seem to work. Try that and see if the cooler shows up.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 01-15-2018, 04:59 AM
Yanta's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935522
Yanta Reputation: 10
Default 4.9.4.28 not remembering CPU fan curve after reboot

Every time I reboot or shutdown/start up my computer the fan curve reverts to default. I have to re-tweak it after every reboot.

I have a H115i.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Old 01-15-2018, 07:46 AM
Malki's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935543
Malki Reputation: 10

Every time I re-boot I have to go into device manager to re-connect the Corsair USBXp driver for the H100i v2 before it will show in Link, becoming a pain in the tonsils.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:23 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanta View Post
Every time I reboot or shutdown/start up my computer the fan curve reverts to default. I have to re-tweak it after every reboot.

I have a H115i.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?
What do you mean by this? Are you trying to run the cooler without Link running at startup and you have to run Link and select the curve? Or do you have to "move the balls" on your custom curve every time?

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 01-15-2018, 08:24 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malki View Post
Every time I re-boot I have to go into device manager to re-connect the Corsair USBXp driver for the H100i v2 before it will show in Link, becoming a pain in the tonsils.
Yeah, this one is, unfortunately, somewhat common. And, yeah, it's a pain in the tonsils. It also happens when you sleep the system. I'm not sure what the root cause for this one is but I can tell you that it's resolved with the PRO version.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 01-15-2018, 08:35 PM
will_s's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935651
will_s Reputation: 10

When I start running cpuid cpu-z the temp for temp 5 changes to 127 C and as soon as I stop it goes back to 0 C
have the latest and the motherboard is an Asus Maximus Hero X

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 01-17-2018, 05:54 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 935978
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Hmm.. I thought I would give this another go since I am using it on a new board and CPU. However, the problems are the same as the first go. With no other monitoring programs running, I have double the number of temp readings, my 12, 5, and 3.3v rails are mixed up (reads 12v on 5v rail), and fans connected to the C-Pro directly for control randomly show, but mostly are not shown. Additionally, both of the temp probes give a zero reading. I cannot use this version (with FW 0.41) at all.

*This continues back to 4.9.3.25 as well. Looks like the ML RGB fans will have to stay in their boxes.

Last edited by c-attack; 01-19-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Old 01-18-2018, 08:12 AM
mulldogs's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936059
mulldogs Reputation: 10

Since the update Corsair link is showing no devices and uninstall and reinstalling an older version doesn't fix it. It means i cannot control my Cooler which is now being controlled at default by the cpu temp not water temp so fluctuates between 1000 and 2000 rpm every few seconds and cannot be changed

Old 01-18-2018, 09:27 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936072
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulldogs View Post
Since the update Corsair link is showing no devices and uninstall and reinstalling an older version doesn't fix it. It means i cannot control my Cooler which is now being controlled at default by the cpu temp not water temp so fluctuates between 1000 and 2000 rpm every few seconds and cannot be changed
It should not be CPU temp by default and the fans should not race, even without Link. Start a new thread in the Link section so people can help. It will probably take some discussion.

Also, see this thread. It looks like you are on an AMD platform. http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173982

Last edited by c-attack; 01-18-2018 at 09:36 AM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:37 AM
CBL's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936247
CBL Reputation: 10

Hi Guys. I'm new here. just build a new PC and installed this new Version of CL. now, whenever i play something GPU heavy, CL Crashes like every 5 minutes or so. i can post some Event Viewer Entrys but my OS is in German.

oh and the H100I V2 disabled itself in Device Manager 3 days after being installed. apparently something is wrong with the Driver (Code 2). i enabled it again and now it's running like nothing ever happened.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:45 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936251

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBL View Post
Hi Guys. I'm new here. just build a new PC and installed this new Version of CL. now, whenever i play something GPU heavy, CL Crashes like every 5 minutes or so. i can post some Event Viewer Entrys but my OS is in German.

oh and the H100I V2 disabled itself in Device Manager 3 days after being installed. apparently something is wrong with the Driver (Code 2). i enabled it again and now it's running like nothing ever happened.
Guten tag! (Sorry, that's the extent of my German)
Are you running any other monitoring apps while gaming?

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 01-19-2018, 09:43 AM
CBL's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936254
CBL Reputation: 10

Hi :).

no. i learned that lesson pretty fast.
but i have MSI Mystic Light Process running in the background. could that be the issue?

Old 01-19-2018, 09:57 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 936256

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBL View Post
Hi :).

no. i learned that lesson pretty fast.
but i have MSI Mystic Light Process running in the background. could that be the issue?
I haven't heard of issues with Mystic Light. EVGA's XOC has been one of the latest offenders.

What messages do you see when it crashes?

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Closed Thread