Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2017, 06:37 AM
WhiteHawk77's PC Specs

POST ID # = 906755
WhiteHawk77 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgarus View Post
21st of May I've opened RMA, 22nd I've received an answer from Corsair support.
Did mine on the night of the 30th, still no response.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:52 PM
WhiteHawk77's PC Specs

POST ID # = 907152

Well, as it's gone dead in here I'll update with some news.

Two things happened today, Corsair after 8 days finally answered my RMA ticket, but i'm not happy, they want me to send them the fans and the LED hub before I'll get replacements, oh good, so I'm not going to have any fans sucking in air in my PC case for how long? A week or two at least? I'm sure I've read here that people got replacements, and then sent the original ones back after?

The other thing is I finally got my Commander Pro from the Corsair shop after it was stuck in Bristol DHL depot for 6 days because Corsair didn't put the full address on the package for them to know where to deliver it. So installed it today and lo and behold, all fans including the case fans work and light up just fine with the Commander Pro.

So clearly there is at least two types of LED's in these SP120 fans and the Lighting Node Pro is at fault as the Commander Pro handles them just fine, at least this seems like what is happening anyway.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:00 PM
SpeedyV's PC Specs

POST ID # = 907155
SpeedyV Reputation: 41

So just to be clear, you are saying that the 3 x SP120 fans that came with your 570x case that did NOT work when connected to the Lighting Node Pro DO work when connected to the Commander Pro? That is indeed very interesting...

Old 06-07-2017, 10:04 PM
WhiteHawk77's PC Specs

POST ID # = 907156

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyV View Post
So just to be clear, you are saying that the 3 x SP120 fans that came with your 570x case that did NOT work when connected to the Lighting Node Pro DO work when connected to the Commander Pro? That is indeed very interesting...
Yes, that is correct.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:14 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 907168
red-ray Reputation: 81
Idea I wonder if the CLNP has later firmware with improved SP fan support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHawk77 View Post
Yes, that is correct.
This is rather strange as the control protocols for the CLCP and CLNP LEDs is identical so I assume they share common firmware. I wonder if the CLNP has later firmware with improved SP fan support.

The latest firmware versions are CLCP V0.1.131 + CLNP V0.3.72 but there is no way to know which is the newer, I guess the CLCP.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:42 AM
WhiteHawk77's PC Specs

POST ID # = 907181

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
This is rather strange as the control protocols for the CLCP and CLNP LEDs is identical so I assume they share common firmware. I wonder if the CLNP has later firmware with improved SP fan support.

The latest firmware versions are CLCP V0.1.131 + CLNP V0.3.72 but there is no way to know which is the newer, I guess the CLCP.
All I know is it worked fine out of the box and I set it up the same as the Node with the LED strips on channel 1, and the fan LED hub connected to channel 2. Didn't even change the hub to Node cable as they are the same.

The only difference is I moved the three pin fan power cables from the motherboard to the Commander so I can control the fan speeds through Link which was the main reason for me getting it.

It worked before I did the firmware update that was available and after, no flickering at all, effects work fine. We will have to see if they can fix the Node to work with both types of SP120's or if it's a hardware deficient.

Last edited by WhiteHawk77; 06-08-2017 at 06:30 PM.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:29 AM
whuber97's PC Specs

POST ID # = 908101
whuber97 Reputation: 10

I am happy to report now that I finally have 6 working SP120 fans with my LNP. Sending all 6 defective ones (the original 3 from the Crystal 460X RGB Case) and the 3 replacements that were sent to me that were also defective back to Corsair.

Thanks,
Will

Old 07-20-2017, 08:46 PM
ThatsDirty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 912710
ThatsDirty Reputation: 10

Sorry to bump up this thread, but just received my 460X RGB today and ordered a CLNP which is coming tomorrow. Does this issue persist still? Or has it been fixed?

Old 07-20-2017, 09:17 PM
Doer of Things and Stuff
Charixfox's PC Specs

POST ID # = 912712
Charixfox Reputation: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsDirty View Post
Sorry to bump up this thread, but just received my 460X RGB today and ordered a CLNP which is coming tomorrow. Does this issue persist still? Or has it been fixed?
Though it doesn't answer your question, I'm going to pipe in and strongly suggest getting HD RGB fans to replace the SP ones. It makes a world of difference in visual appearance and appeal. Don't feel pressured to do so though. Just the side of "Well, it works out of the box with the sad controller" comes into play and makes an excuse for them. *sigh*

Otherwise if this does still be a problem, then you're looking forward to RMAs anyway. I've never been a fan of USC1903 LED controllers. They're much more prone to data interference and timing discrepancy issues.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:05 AM
ThatsDirty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 912721

I feel like I'm one of the few people who likes the appearance of the SP120s over HD120s, plus I don't want to mix fans, so the last thing I want to do is to get 6 HD120s and be almost $200 poorer.

If the problem still persists, eh doesn't matter too much since I plan on just running solid colors. Wonder if I can RMA the fans at Corsair HQ since I'm only 15 minutes away.

Old 07-27-2017, 05:23 AM
Sirosse's PC Specs

POST ID # = 913532
Sirosse Reputation: 10

Hello, i'm in the same situation as many before me, i buyed a 460x and 3 sp120 with LNP and got the same issue, the 3 fans of the case doesn't work properly, i did a support ticket and got answered i had to wait until they release a fix. So to this day the issue still exist and a fix may appear in a "Near ?" future.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:04 PM
ThatsDirty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 913715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirosse View Post
Hello, i'm in the same situation as many before me, i buyed a 460x and 3 sp120 with LNP and got the same issue, the 3 fans of the case doesn't work properly, i did a support ticket and got answered i had to wait until they release a fix. So to this day the issue still exist and a fix may appear in a "Near ?" future.
Gonna have to RMA those case fans and hope Corsair sends you the good ones or get a Commander Pro. Sadly those are the only fixes right now.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:35 AM

POST ID # = 914433
AgentFelix Reputation: 10

Hi, new user here. Just got my 460x case 2 weeks ago, and a 4th SP120 RGB and a Lighting Node Pro last weekend. Add me to the list of, when everything is assembled out of the box, my fans didn't work with the Corsair Link software. I'm very disappointed that the Node is advertised as being compatible with these fans which isn't the case (until the firmware gets fixed). I'll file my customer support ticket today, but it sounds like unless I want to spend weeks without my fans I'm SOL until a firmware update gets made. Kind of disappointing that hardware this expensive doesn't work as advertised out of the box. Can only hope the good people over at Corsair can have a firmware solution quickly.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:41 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914435
red-ray Reputation: 81
Idea Try the 4th SP fan in LED HUB port 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentFelix View Post
Add me to the list of, when everything is assembled out of the box, my fans didn't work with the Corsair Link software.
AFAIK it's only fans that came with the case that have this issue, so it's worth trying the 4th SP fan in LED HUB port 1.

Good luck with Corsair support.

Old 08-03-2017, 05:35 PM

POST ID # = 914494
AgentFelix Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
AFAIK it's only fans that came with the case that have this issue, so it's worth trying the 4th SP fan in LED HUB port 1.

Good luck with Corsair support.
Thanks for the info. I have the case included fans in 1-3, and the extra fan i bought in slot 4. Only the fan in slot 1 correctly communicated with the computer, and that one came with the case which is odd. Time to open that support ticket I guess.

Edit: after double checking, 1 of the 3 case fans is fine, and my added fan (fan 4) works, so long as no broken ones are in the chain between. So I can operate 2 of the 4 (including 1 that came with the case), as long as they are wired at 1 and 2, and they don't pass through the other 2.

Last edited by AgentFelix; 08-03-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Closed Thread