Corsair Community

iCUE causing major FPS drop in games now.

Echosyp

What are you using as a computer? Laptop or Desktop? Can we get your system info?

Desktop

NZXT H500i Case

ASRock Taichi Z390 Mobo

Intel 9900k CPU

G.Skill Trident Z RGB Ram 16GB

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 GPU

Corsair H100i PRO CPU Cooler

Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse

Corsair K95 RGB Platinum

Corsair Void Pro Headset

Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris Mouse Mat

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Figured out the problem

MOUSE Polling Rate is killing the FPS. 1000hz and 500hz makes the FPS drop to 3

I changed it to 250 hz or 125 hz and 0 fps drop. So exactly what does the Polling rate do? and is 250 or 125 hz any problem for FPS games?

Figured out the problem

MOUSE Polling Rate is killing the FPS. 1000hz and 500hz makes the FPS drop to 3

I changed it to 250 hz or 125 hz and 0 fps drop. So exactly what does the Polling rate do? and is 250 or 125 hz any problem for FPS games?

Polling rate is measured in Hz. If a mouse has a 125 Hz polling rate, it reports its position to the computer 125 times every second—or every 8 milliseconds. A 500 Hz rate means that the mouse is reporting its position to the computer every 2 milliseconds. As you can see, this can become exhaustive and affect performance.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
that's actually incorrect. U see I use my mouse at 500Hz and that never caused an FPS drop but now I upgraded my headset to a HS60 Pro and as required I downloaded iCue and I actually saw the frame drop. I was checking the game and hence I was playing it without plugging in my headset and it was working smoothly but then I plugged in my headset (and iCue was running this entire time) I saw the FPS drop. So yeah that right there is clear visual confirmation that the FPS drop is being caused by iCue and we already have the issue of iCue disabling my touchpad coz probably Windows registers the app as an external mouse. You know I was very excited to be upgrading to Corsair but after witnessing all those problems that 1 simple app caused I think I made a mistake.