Corsair Community

Corsair H100i V2 and RYZEN 5 2600

TheTiesThatBind

• Corsair Employee

Hello,

Some questions for you, what are your current ambient temperatures? What are you currently using right now for a curve? Your coolant temperature is concerning - it should be higher than 24c under full load.

I would reseat the cooler and make sure it's making proper contact.

The H100i V2 uses the 3-pin fan header to provide power to the pump. Look at your BIOS, verify that the header that the cooler is plugged into is receiving a full 12V. More information can be found here.

AS far as heat dissipation/load, a watt is a watt and it doesn't matter for coolant temperature whether the heat comes from a Intel or AMD CPU. CPU design will have an effect on the final CPU temperature, but no so much on coolant temp changes for fan control. For a 2600, I would expect a coolant rise of +4-8C under load. You are more likely to see higher values on mixed loads as the case temp increases as well versus a straight CPU only test.

So if the above means you are at 23-24C idle coolant temp, then you would likely get up to 30C when under moderate or mixed CPU/GPU load. If your coolant temp starts at 22C and only goes up 1-2C, that likely does indicate a contact issue between the cold plate and CPU.

If everything is as expected, set the fans for a quiet speed at the idle coolant temperature. Leave your self a few degrees of flat line to minimize the impact of daily temp changes. At 30-32C or wherever your coolant normally peaks, set the fans to the highest speed you are willing to tolerate (or just under). That should be the most yous see on a regular basis. This value is unique to your set up. For me that might be about 900 rpm for 140s on a 280mm radiator. Save the max fan blast for something out of range (40-45C). Keep in mind the baseline temp will shift up or down as the seasons change. The perfect curve in Winter will be too loud in Summer. You'll need to bump the line up/down seasonally.