Corsair Community

Mounting issue with H150i PRO

destruya

Okay, I figure this is as good a place to ask as any because there's almost a 100% certainty of someone in here using the Corsair PRO series AIOs - in specific, the H150i PRO. I just attached the back bracket to my Aorus Xtreme board, and while I screwed up the first time and noticed I'd mounted the bracket horizontally instead of vertically (so the plastic was impacting the rear part of the socket), so I changed it around, and...there's about a 2mm "gap" between the bottom of the standoff screw and the board itself. No matter how much I tighten the standoff, that 'gap' remains.

Before anyone asks, yes, I'm sure I'm not using the LGA2xxx screws - I'm using the ones for LGA 1151(V2). Just out of morbid curiosity, I unscrewed one of the standoffs and fished out two of the fan washers and lined them up with the hole and *that* made it flush with no movement. But the directions don't tell you to do that. Naturally I'm not too keen on using metal washers to secure the bracket, and it *seems* like the washers are ~1mm in width, so I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to get some hard rubber (or silicone) ~1-2mm washers at Home Depot.

I just don't know why it's got the 'wiggle' it does by default, and I'm certainly not comfortable mounting a water block on a 9900K if there's chance of movement.

The relevant info:

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme

9900K + H150i PRO

Edited by destruya

It's sometimes a mixed bag on this stuff. The bracket could have a slight curve. The board could have a slight curve. My board worked perfectly with the Pro bracket, but then I had a devilish time with a much sturdier one on my new CPU block. If you think you need the extra washer, you can use it. I also would go find a rubber or silicon washer.

Push-Pull on the H150 and 9900K. Overclocked on that processor you can pull quite a few watts. 250W for sure. Here are two more graphs to look at for 360mm radiators. Similar to the data in the other post, several degrees difference at slow 750 rpm speeds and that shrinks as you get into the 1200-1300 rpm range. Both these models are 30mm medium FPI models like the H150i. If you are still in the 540, you may have front clearance issues with the GPU. It looks like you are in the Evolv X now, so that should be ample space if on the front intake.

Sample 1

Sample 2

Not when you tighten it down, although it is more weight supportive that "bolting it" to the board. Did you have any temperature issues?

I've not actually powered up the system for the first time. I'm just getting the motherboard ready for mounting.

And yes, I'm doing front-mount for my H150i with the push/pull config.

Edited by destruya

Had the same gap on my h150i pro that i installed last weekend. Just mount the block and tighten it down and the gap should be gone

Hmm - that raises an interesting question - are the standoffs supposed to be flush with the board for proper placement? And if I put the washers on, would I actually be raising the waterblock *off* the CPU package?

I suppose I could put the washers on the rear of the board.

Hmm - that raises an interesting question - are the standoffs supposed to be flush with the board for proper placement? And if I put the washers on, would I actually be raising the waterblock *off* the CPU package?

I suppose I could put the washers on the rear of the board.

My H100i Pro bracket (smaller rad obviously) was loose presumably by design until I tightened the pump head down. If it’s loose after the pump is secured, then you would have an issue.

The bracket should be and will be loose until the pump head is tightened down. Typically, you don't need washers - lots of folks are concerned by the looseness when they put on the bracket. But that's the design of the bracket - it's loose and wiggly without the pump head installed.

• Corsair Employee
The bracket should be and will be loose until the pump head is tightened down. Typically, you don't need washers - lots of folks are concerned by the looseness when they put on the bracket. But that's the design of the bracket - it's loose and wiggly without the pump head installed.

This is accurate. Once you get the motherboard and cooler are fully seated, it should be a tight fit.