Corsair Community

Corsair Commander Pro doesn't recognize usb input

raduandreitm1

Hello guys,

I have a small problem and i would appreciate if someone can help me :D

In my pc i have a Corsair h100i V2 a Corsair lighting node pro with 4 rgb strips and three Corsair HD Series 120 mm RGB and and recently i just bought a Corsair Commander Pro,but when i try to connect the Corsair h100i v2 on the commander via usb the Corsair Link doesn't recognize the cooler in the program and I can not use it.

Does anyone know why this is happening? or how can i fix it ?

Please if you can help me i would appreciate it .(i almoste rage quit:[pouts::[pouts:)

Sorry for bad English....

T8Xspdhank you

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know why this is happening? or how can i fix it ? Please if you can help me i would appreciate it .(i almoste rage quit:[pouts::[pouts:)

Welcome to the forum and I can try and help, but for me to be able do this you need to post some debug information.

Firstly the screen shot you posted does not show up, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post.

1. The SIV initial + [uSB Bus] + [Link Devices] + [Link Status] + [Link Fans] + [Link LEDs] panels allow the root cause of many hardware issues to be determined and resolved.
  2. If you need help with a CL hardware issue I recommend attaching these screen shots to your post using names such as [Link Devices].png.
  3. You should also ensure your PC Specs are up to date and specify the Windows Build number.
  4. Check the devices are present on Devices and Printers and confirm that Windows Device Manager is not reporting any issues.
  5. ALL of the files in the siv.zip release should be extracted to C:\Program Files\SIV\ or similar and SIV should be run from there.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30955&d=1504443131

is this ok sir ? :[pouts: corsair link version 4.8.2.1

Not ideal, I asked for meaningful names, feel 1.3.png is not meaningful, you should have cropped the images, you failed to post [Link Status] and I am at a loss as to why you created the http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170897 thread.
The H100iV2 is not showing up on the Corsair Link Commander Hub (CLCH) at all and wonder if it's correctly connected.
It's possible to insert the header incorrectly, double check it's in the middle of the USB header socket and not offset to one side.
It would also be worth plugging the CLNP into the other USB header and see if it is still detected.
attachment.php?attachmentid=30954&d=1504443125
The CPU_FAN speed seems to be zero RPM. I guess the H100iV2 is plugged into the CPU_FAN header, is it?
Assuming so have you set the CPU_FAN header to PWM mode in the BIOS so the H100iV2 get's the constant +12 volts it needs. The reported CPU_FAN speed should be half the H100iV2 pump speed so around 900 RPM.

Sorry sir for the names of the pictures ,and for the other post ,my bad :[pouts:

The pump is connect on the W_PUMP header on the board just like in the picture(pump connector)

I connected each device separately and they work just great in the corsair link,but when i try to put the h100i v2 or any combination like that (one in the motherboard usb header and one in the commander header),the corsair link only recognize 2 of them (not all of them ) ,what is connect to the commander doesn't work.(except the temp senzor and fan speed,they work just fine)

I connected everything well

1006194317_pumpconnector.thumb.jpg.0b0e3706eb9e9c058d0aabc1ef33fe81.jpg

Edited by raduandreitm1

Sorry sir for the names of the pictures ,and for the other post ,my bad :[pouts:

The pump is connect on the W_PUMP header on the board just like in the picture(pump connector)

1. I am used to this, but rather than saying sorry post [Link Status] as I asked :idea:.
  2. The manual says to use the CPU_FAN header and it's easier to help if you use the CPU_FAN header. If you wish me to try and help then use the CPU_FAN header :idea:.
  3. If you interpose the CLNP and H100iV2 what does [uSB Bus] report?
  4. Try using Device Manager to disable power saving for the CLCH (CLCP USB hub) :idea:.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30961&stc=1&d=1504451390

CLCH.png.5834f82646ce37147aa59f89ba4a25a2.png

Edited by red-ray

• Corsair Employees
If Corsair products - or any other products for that matter - aren't working when you connect them to the USB ports on the Commander Pro, the Commander Pro itself may need to be replaced. Under those circumstances, you'd want to contact our customer service department.

• 2 weeks later...
For both of you, v4.8.2.1 had no issues with products connected to the Commander PRO's USB ports, but 4.8.3.8 does?

Personally, I have an all new build (fresh OS install) using the Commander Pro, but in my last build without the Commander Pro, my devices showed up fine in Link. Nothing at all currently being recognized in Device Manager beyond the Commander Pro itself, which works great. I have a ticket submitted. Not sure if it's faulty firmware or a faulty device. Both internal USB ports simply do not recognize the device. Using latest build 4.9.0.57 as of 10 minutes ago. No luck.

• Corsair Employees

So for end users that are having difficulty with new versions of Link we do keep older ones up on the download page now.

That said, if there are multiple users having this issue I need information (PC specs at a minimum) so that I can file a bug and try to reproduce it internally.

So for end users that are having difficulty with new versions of Link we do keep older ones up on the download page now.

That said, if there are multiple users having this issue I need information (PC specs at a minimum) so that I can file a bug and try to reproduce it internally.

Dustin, if you'd like to PM me, I can shoot you over my email and we can start an email chain directly.

My hardware:

Windows 10 Pro 1703 Build: 15063.608 (New Install)

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASUS Strix X370-F

Corsair H110i GTX

Corsair RM750i

Corsair LINK build 4.9.0.57

Corsair Commander Pro firmware 0.3.153

My Commander Pro is visible and addressable from LINK but nothing plugged into the USB headers of the Commander Pro shows up. Nothing even listed in Device Manager at all.

• Corsair Employees

I appreciate the offer but prefer to keep things live on the forums in case anyone else comes through with similar troubles.

For you, it sounds like the USB headers on your Commander Pro might be bad and you may need a replacement. Have you tried plugging anything else into them?

I appreciate the offer but prefer to keep things live on the forums in case anyone else comes through with similar troubles.

For you, it sounds like the USB headers on your Commander Pro might be bad and you may need a replacement. Have you tried plugging anything else into them?

Don't have anything else to plug into them besides the Corsair stuff. Support ended up RMA'ing the item so going to get a replacement and test it out.

• Corsair Employees
I really, really hope that works out for you. If it doesn't, please be sure to let us know. I've seen the odd issue relating to the Commander PRO's hub here and there; it works great in my desktop at home (AX760i connected to it) but I have a testbed with prototype hardware at work that doesn't see anything.

I really, really hope that works out for you. If it doesn't, please be sure to let us know. I've seen the odd issue relating to the Commander PRO's hub here and there; it works great in my desktop at home (AX760i connected to it) but I have a testbed with prototype hardware at work that doesn't see anything.

Received my replacement in today and can confirm same exact issue. Plugging in my RM750i directly into USB header on motherboard, shows up in Device Manger and in LINK. Connecting RM750i to headers on Commander Pro does not show in Device Manger and does not show in LINK.

So either I received another faulty unit or there's another underlying issue in the firmware itself. I'll relay information back into my support ticket as well.

Received my replacement in today and can confirm same exact issue. Plugging in my RM750i directly into USB header on motherboard, shows up in Device Manger and in LINK. Connecting RM750i to headers on Commander Pro does not show in Device Manger and does not show in LINK.

So either I received another faulty unit or there's another underlying issue in the firmware itself. I'll relay information back into my support ticket as well.

Seems like Corsair's go to responses to any problem that is not simply rectified is to try rebooting, reinstalling, or exchanging. Your problems are software / firmware based and having you do RMAs is a waste of everyone's time. I see this happen over and over again. Pretty sure I have seen posts from others with your exact problem. Check the Power Supplies section.

• Corsair Employees
Seems like Corsair's go to responses to any problem that is not simply rectified is to try rebooting, reinstalling, or exchanging. Your problems are software / firmware based and having you do RMAs is a waste of everyone's time. I see this happen over and over again. Pretty sure I have seen posts from others with your exact problem. Check the Power Supplies section.

That's hardly fair. I spend a lot of time on these forums trying to actually help end users. The fact is, though, 90% of the time, "reboot/reinstall/exchange" is actually the solution.

Now, with that being said, we've identified the issue that rpesta is having. It's unique to AMD systems. AMD's chipsets are subcontracted out to ASMedia, and they're having issues with daisy-chaining USB the way Commander PRO does.

So we've identified it, and we're working on a solution.

• 1 month later...
Now, with that being said, we've identified the issue that rpesta is having. It's unique to AMD systems. AMD's chipsets are subcontracted out to ASMedia, and they're having issues with daisy-chaining USB the way Commander PRO does.

So we've identified it, and we're working on a solution.

Hey Corsair Dustin, have you guys figured out a solution for this problem already?

It does not only affect AMD systems, I have an ASUS Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1, that also uses ASMedia for SATA and USB 2/3 connectors.

Today, I was happily updating my rig with a Commander Pro and 6 ML120 Fans, just to figure out that now (since my MoBo has 2 internal USB 2 headers) I have to leave my AX1200i disconnected, as I chose to keep the Commander Pro and my old n' loyal H100i connected (oh yeah, I used to be able to connect the PSU via the CL Digital port in the H100i but that doesn't work anymore either).

IMG_20171119_183456.thumb.jpg.3f12cdf58ff321d81a7c6687a5c151cf.jpg

One stop-gap would be to take a standard mini-USB cable and run it outside the case to plug into a USB port on the back of the system. It's a little Frankenstein and not what we should have to do but, honestly, the problem may be with the AsMedia hub also (not saying it is, just a possibility). If that's the case, Corsair won't be able to do much about it. I and others have also used NZXT's internal USB hub. I can confirm that using that with a Commander Pro that has a Lighting Node Pro and a H100iV2 connected does work.