Corsair Community

Corsair Commander Pro doesn't recognize usb input

raduandreitm1

Has anyone came up with a working solution to this issue? Regarding USB devices plugged into the commander pro not being recognized? My lighting node pro will not show up or my h150i won't show if connected. It seems like it's a chipset issue from what I've read. I've got a Asus Rog strix x470 f gaming board with only 2 headers still looking for a solution running a r7 2700 all with latest drivers. Any work around would be appreciated. Dunno if someone can suggest older drivers or what but looks like this post stopped awhile back with no real resolution and I'm in the same boat lol.

Thinking of buying a splitter for one of the headers but afraid I'll run into the same problem. Or a pcie card that has USB 2.0 headers on it but can't seem to find them.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just built up my system with lights and liquid coolers and ran into this problem on an intel setup with MSI 370 board. So it seems the controller is to spec but the motherboard controller isn't?

Is there a 3rd party hub that can fix this? Or are we just screwed with options?

Ok instead of trying out a y splitter for the usb hub which may have worked dunno for sure. And after tinkering around with all the suggestions I could find from all over I bought this, figured I could live with 5 bucks going to waste if it didn't work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NH13S44/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While it's not ideal solution it worked! And now I have control over all my lights, fans, and h150i.

Luckily there was a nice spot to just run it out the back of my case and into a empty usb slot.

So if anyone running into these issues with some of the amd motherboards or chipsets where the usb headers on the commander pro are not being recognized by the system. This worked for me and now my RBG is up and running beautifully.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone.

My device manager is not recognizing the Commander Pro as a USB Hub. My Commander Pro is labeled 1000D and included with my 500D SE RGB case.

The LED on the Commander Pro is also not lighting up at all. Is this consistent with the problems others have had with the ASmedia USB controllers?

The three USB 2.0 Headers I have are provided by the AMD X470 chipset.

Hey everyone.

My device manager is not recognizing the Commander Pro as a USB Hub. My Commander Pro is labeled 1000D and included with my 500D SE RGB case.

The LED on the Commander Pro is also not lighting up at all. Is this consistent with the problems others have had with the ASmedia USB controllers?

The three USB 2.0 Headers I have are provided by the AMD X470 chipset.

I have the same issue on my X470. I only have 2 USB 2.0 headers though on the motherboard.

I am trying one of these, I'll let you know if it works on Monday:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JGR7TYV/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If not then I'll need to cut a USB2.0 cable and make my own or buy one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Duttek-2-Pack-Dupont-Female-Motherboard/dp/B06Y5C8RD6/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1544236906&sr=1-14&keywords=USB+A+to+motherboard+9+pin

I got it to work, not sure why but it does.

I had to do all this with my computer on, so do at your own risk...

First, I have the ROG-STRIX-X470-F-GAMING MB, so only 2 USB 2.0 headers at the bottom. I also have an Asus Wifi/Bluetooth PCIe card that used the USB2.0 for the BT (need something powerful for my WMR controllers.)

I did the following all with the PC ON so huge disclaimer again!

I had to plug my Commander Pro into the USB2.0 3-4 slot, and my H100i Pro into the 1-2 slot.

Made sure everything came up in device manager, then checked iCue.

My H100i pro was not there, so I had to update the driver in DeviceManager from the USB drivers in the iCUE folder since Windows thought it was an H100i Platinum.

Once I did that, they both showed up.

I then plugged in my HX1000i into my Commander, detected fine, no issues.

Lastly plugged my BT card into the commander, detected, no issues.

I've rebooted 3-4 times since I can't believe it is all there, but it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I was able to resolve the issue on my motherboard (ASUS Crossfire Hero VII WiFi)...

When I first got my motherboard, it had the version 0509 BIOS and the USB headers were working, but different Corsair devices would disconnect and reconnect randomly. Most notably my H150i AIO (connected on the Commander Pro) and the ST100 stand connected regular USB.

Eventually, I got tired of the random flickering so I upgraded my BIOS to version 1103 (newest), but the H150i AIO AND my HX850i power supply (both connected to the Commander Pro USB headers) stopped appearing inside iCue. Every other Corsair device worked just fine. Digging through the new BIOS, I noticed a lot of USB handoff/control options no longer existed. The only related option that still remained was the XHCI handoff which was enabled.

I downgraded to version 0702 and many USB options and controls reappeared. I left all the USB related options to their defaults (Auto) and everything started working again.

In summation, if the newest BIOS version doesn't work for you, maybe try an older one?...

Ok instead of trying out a y splitter for the usb hub which may have worked dunno for sure. And after tinkering around with all the suggestions I could find from all over I bought this, figured I could live with 5 bucks going to waste if it didn't work.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NH13S44/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

While it's not ideal solution it worked! And now I have control over all my lights, fans, and h150i.

Luckily there was a nice spot to just run it out the back of my case and into a empty usb slot.

So if anyone running into these issues with some of the amd motherboards or chipsets where the usb headers on the commander pro are not being recognized by the system. This worked for me and now my RBG is up and running beautifully.

I think I have the same problem like everyone else here. Thanks for your advice, I will buy one too and test it with my system. I have an MSI b450m mortar mb. Tbc :/

EDIT: It works now, plugged in the cable into the ln and one usb port outside of the case. (Usb2 to mini usb b cable used)

Edited by MrKartoffel

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I purchase the Obsidian 500D RGB case and just did my build yesterday with the same USB issues on the Commander Pro as you all.

ASUS PRIME X470-PRO mobo

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X

Corsair H100i RGB Platinum cooling

This frustrates me beyond belief that this wont work. I currently have the Commander Pro unplugged so that the H100i is connected to the motherboard.

Any help update? I tried all of the methods and force firmware upgrade and still nothing will solve this.

Thanks!

T.J. Hess

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, tired of waiting for a fix that won't come, I took matters into my own hands to fix the issue.

I had a free USB 3 header in my Motherboard, and one of these laying around:

http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product.detail.tpl&no=181&type=Cables&type_sub=USB%20Cables&model=AK-CBUB09-15BK

http://www.akasa.com.tw/img/product/common/feature/00/AK-CBUB09-15BK_f00.jpg

So, what I did was buying this adapter:

http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product.detail.tpl&no=181&type=Cables&type_sub=USB%20Cables&model=EXUSBIE-40

http://www.akasa.com.tw/img/product/common/gallery/00/EXUSBIE-40_g01.png

And I could connect my AX1200i and finally have the data back in Corsair Link (can't use iCue, I have an original H100i that isn't compatible with it).

But if you also have a free USB 3 header, all you'd need is one of these:

http://www.akasa.com.tw/update.php?tpl=product/product.detail.tpl&no=181&type=Cables&type_sub=USB%20Cables&model=AK-CBUB36-30BK

http://www.akasa.com.tw/img/product/common/feature/00/AK-CBUB36-30BK_f00.jpg

Hope you guys have it sorted out too.

• 1 month later...
If you modify the commander pro USB port going to the motherboard you can connect the bottom 4 wires to half of the USB header and connect the other USB device (in my case the H100i pro) to the other 4 pins of the same header. I made a YouTube video explaining it in more detail, Will link it below. If an admin as an issue with me linking my YouTube video, PM me and I will remove it. [ame]
[/ame]

Hi guys,

I Fix the issue in my Lighting node pro.

My lighting node pro, after i shutting down my PC, stop to work, and i have to removed the supply connector and usb to work again.

So, after a few hours lost, connecting and disconnect cables, i decide isolate the both 2 Red wired on the USB connector, and works!

Everything works now.

I hop this can help.

Regards.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Edited by NightRider

The same issue started happening to me today. Up until a few hours ago, it all worked fine. I redid some cable management, and now the Commander Pro won't recognize my H115i Pro RGB. If I plug the AIO directly into my motherboard, it is recognized though.

• 3 weeks later...

I see this issue was previously linked to AMD, but I am having this issue with a Commander Pro that came with the Obsidian 500D RGB SE with an Intel i9 processor in the ASUS Maximus XI Hero motherboard. I have submitted a ticket with Corsair.

Brand new build, so far this the is the only thing not working right. I plugged the H100i Platinum and my AX1200i into the USB ports on the Commander Pro and no connection. I moved the H100i directly to the USB on the Maximus XI Hero, and it shows up with no issue. I cannot move the AX1200i over as well, as I do not have any other open USB 2.0 headers.

• 1 month later...
I was able to fix this by installing the latest Asmedia USB 3 drivers for my motherboard chip, downloaded from my motherboard manufacturer site, ASUS in my case Edited by b0ddah

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just thought I'd bump a few threads on this.

I finally got it working after seeing suggestions in other threads about using the NZXT internal USB hub.

I have a HX1000i / CoPro and now an LNP.

The asus X470 Prime Pro only has 2 internal USB headers, and whilst I could get the HX1000i and CoPro working themselves, the CoPro USB headers didn't work at all (seemed dead).

On getting the LNP and trying to get that working, I struggled, in the end I kind of had it unreliably working if I combiined the HX1000i and LNP into a single 9 pin USB header.

I tried a Kolink USB internal hub, but only 1 row on 1 header worked (confirmed using the LNP and a single 5 pin USB header to mini-USB cable), but looking in USBDeview/SIV I noted that the only row it worked on had the same HUB number as the motherboard, all other rows on it headers are a different HUB, and on those despite showing up in Device Manager/SIV and USBDeview they didn't show in iCUE.

Also key is that even the row connected to the motherboard HUB made the LNP show in iCUE but firmware updates would hang, so I suspect all was not well!

The NZXT Internal USB Hub worked perfectly thought, and I can't recommend it enough!

Edited by snubbers

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Are there any updates on this Commander Pro USB header issue? It's going into its 3rd year. Will there ever be a software fix/workaround?

I have an Asus B550-I itx, and all devices work perfectly connected directly to header. None work daisy-chained to CP headers. I've just setup 14 QL/3 RGB hubs and 2 CP's just to find out the headers on CP don't work. It's a bit ridiculous it's been going on for so long without some kind of formal statement or website disclaimer on specific compatibility issues with Asmedia/AMD chipsets.

I understand the "workaround" is to find an USB header hub that works, but that's hardly fair considering the cost and features of the Commander Pros. I looked up USB hub reviews on Amazon and fixing this CP issue is mentioned as a reason to buying them across the board... sad!

I can accept that if it can't be fixed, then it can't be fixed, but how about setting the record straight so people can avoid this same issue in the future.

Could we at least get a little clarification of where this issue is atm?

Sorry for the rant/questions, but this is just very frustrating and I don't expect this sort of thing when I spend $500 on premium Corsair fans/CPs.

I recently picked up an Asus X570-e Gaming and was having issues with the H150i not showing up as well. After cracking open the case I discovered what is obvious in hindsight, but easy to miss as I was cabling 50 things setting up a new machine.

The USB port on the Commander Pro is actually significantly wider than the USB header plug itself. If you are not paying close attention, it is EXTREMELY easy to misalign the header - it will still plug in just fine, but only a portion of the pins will actually be lined up properly.

Anyone having issues getting the two to talk, I'd strongly recommend double checking that you actually have all the pins properly aligned. It would be nice if the H150i plug had a tab on it to assist in alignment like a lot of other usb header plugs I've seen. Without that tab you can both misalign AND attach the plug misaligned and upside down.

Corsair: I'd really, really recommend you add a tab to the USB cable you ship with your AIO coolers.

• 1 month later...

Bump.

Recently invested in a Corsair ecosystem - 7 LL120, commander pro, 2 rgb hubs, ax1200i.

Having this issue where the commander pro usb headers do not recognize the ax1200i, it’s really disappointing to see how old this issue is without a fix.

I’ve triple checked connection to commander pro usb headers and tried both, without success.

The PSU is recognized if I route a usb connection to the I/O panel on back of mother board.

Tumbleweed as far as support from Corsair themselves to resolve this issue - silence says it all, the usb design/integration in the cc pro is broken.